Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RYL Contest

_RYL__RYL_ RYL Community ManagerMember Posts: 31

MMORPG is hosting an RYL contest. Take a look at the details found on the link below and join in.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/3285/

Good luck to all who join!

RYL Community Manager
RYL:Path of the Emperor
[email protected]
http://www.ryl.net

Comments

• zensaberzensaber Member UncommonPosts: 787

I better win lol

• lord_yuri27lord_yuri27 Member Posts: 37
    i better win 2 coz i really miss rly, i tried guild wars and lineage2 after ryl, but all didnt make me feel the action i had in ryl, ryl players know that so well keybord mode rulez!!! i miss it, i got the highest lvled char in ryl: pote and many ppl know skeletons guild also me Haqn-TANKERimage

Im the legend.

• zensaberzensaber Member UncommonPosts: 787

I don't want to buy the game lol.

• nlerdnlerd Member Posts: 21

I'm one of the winners for the RYL beta test and i was wondering if i needed the original RYL or anything to play on the beta.

• BlindShooterBlindShooter Member Posts: 77

Yeah I won! ^^
    I think that you don't need the first one, otherwise there would be something saying so.
    When do we get the client? XD

www.MONGBAT.com
    Warhammer Guild

I won too ^^ , thanx to PWG, i have played RYL : Battle Lohan for 2 weeks before on indo server but it was too laggy, it will be perfect to play on NA now with PWG quality, i will play shadow again ^^

Im the legend.

Originally posted by nlerd

I'm one of the winners for the RYL beta test and i was wondering if i needed the original RYL or anything to play on the beta.

I dont think you need the RYL : POTE client, they may add a new client for RYL : Battle Lohan ^^

Im the legend.

• patheospatheos Member Posts: 1,148

I wonder when we get the client...I need RYL in my veins.

• djtrancerdjtrancer Member Posts: 93

I Won aswell..
    I played the beta of the first RYL.. admins was fun then and played with us.. they spawned monsters and cool stuff right on the newbie grounds..hehe :D
    I miss it.. great community but back then all you could do was grind.. the rest was booring!
    But now it's cool and i was seriously thinking about buying it and start for real!

Well gratz anyways to me and all who won :D
    Cheerz!

We shall all die in vain.. you decide how!

• RockSolidRockSolid Member Posts: 5
    The reason they cant run around spawning level 60 monsters in the newbie area is because, unlike in the beta, people are paying for it now and don't want to pay to be killed before they can even wear armour

Im excited that it will be fun a lot image btw when will we get client?

Im the legend.

• _RYL__RYL_ RYL Community ManagerMember Posts: 31

Congratulations to all of you who won! Planetwide Games is excited to see you all in-game very soon.

We are awaiting the official list of winners. Once we recieve the list, we will be contacting you through mail. congratulations again and we will see you in RYL soon! image

RYL Community Manager
    RYL:Path of the Emperor
    [email protected]
    http://www.ryl.net

• thebigc001thebigc001 Member Posts: 15
    Yeah!!! I won!! I really was looking foward to this.
  • girsnoopygirsnoopy Member Posts: 65

Originally posted by _RYL_

Congratulations to all of you who won! Planetwide Games is excited to see you all in-game very soon.
    We are awaiting the official list of winners. Once we recieve the list, we will be contacting you through mail. congratulations again and we will see you in RYL soon! image

Oh oh, me cant wait image
  • hatu23hatu23 Member Posts: 20

i won as well. gratz all.

can't wait :)

• mlauzonmlauzon Member UncommonPosts: 767

Well, I won as well...and went and confirmed my winning, then checked the Winner's list and saw because it said:

mlauzon Calgary, AB, Canada *disqualified*

So, if I won then how the hell am I 'disqualified'...I've got an email sitting in my inbox on MMORPG.com as well as the email address I registered for the site and the contest with; so it would seem you've got a problem to fix!!! ::::11::

Originally posted by _RYL_

--
    Michael

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

As stated in the contest rules - you only have 24 hours to claim your prize.  If you were disqualified then you missed this deadline.

We have selected round #2 - however if we have a round #3 then I can re-activate your ticket since you are showing interest.

In the future please email our support about issues with the contests since we only stumbled on this post by accident.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Originally posted by Admin
    As stated in the contest rules - you only have 24 hours to claim your prize.  If you were disqualified then you missed this deadline.
    We have selected round #2 - however if we have a round #3 then I can re-activate your ticket since you are showing interest.
    In the future please email our support about issues with the contests since we only stumbled on this post by accident.

Well, I only found the email this morning when I checked my email at the local library because my computer at home is currently out of service and has been since last week...don't currently have the funds to fix it; so I am screwed because of a hardware problem -- if I was running a contest like this I'd give at least 48 to 72 hours to respond!!!

--
    Michael

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

As it is it normally takes 3-5 days to claim all the winners because we have to redraw 2-3 times - if we extended to 48-72 hours it would take weeks.  We really need to wrap these things up quickly so that people can start enjoying their winnings.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

As it is it normally takes 3-5 days to claim all the winners because we have to redraw 2-3 times - if we extended to 48-72 hours it would take weeks.  We really need to wrap these things up quickly so that people can start enjoying their winnings.

agreed, and if you have personal problems it has nothing to do with an contest such as this. Personal is the key word, like they would let you get in because your home pc was broke.. That's really kinda sad you're complaining... no offense, but suck it up.

There will be 500 more contests to join in the future. I had a broken pc for 2 years and I know the boat you're in. I got a job and paid for a new one...

What I meant was, give winners 48 - 72 hours to confirm their win...some of us have jobs, etc; we can't be on a computer 24/7 just to keep checking email to see if we've won a contest.

--
    Michael

• TensaigaTensaiga Member Posts: 10

What admin is saying is that when it is 24 hours you have to claim your prize, it ends up taking up to 5 days to get all the winners because they have to select new ones when people don't reply within 24 hours, thusly making sure that ANOTHER 24 hours goes by before they can finalize the list and send it to the people awarding the prizes. If MMORPG kept it open for 3 days, everytime that someone did not respond within 3 days would mean that another 3 days would have to go by. Seeing as how they never seem to get all people to respond within the first round, this would mean the winners would have to wait WEEKS for thier prizes. Waiting a few days is already hard enough...

Anyway, I think it is perfectly reasonable that people check thier mail once a day. That said, I almost was disqualified because I hardly ever check my mail, it was mere luck I got in on time.::::05::

If life gives you demons, make demonade

Originally posted by Tensaiga

What admin is saying is that when it is 24 hours you have to claim your prize, it ends up taking up to 5 days to get all the winners because they have to select new ones when people don't reply within 24 hours, thusly making sure that ANOTHER 24 hours goes by before they can finalize the list and send it to the people awarding the prizes. If MMORPG kept it open for 3 days, everytime that someone did not respond within 3 days would mean that another 3 days would have to go by. Seeing as how they never seem to get all people to respond within the first round, this would mean the winners would have to wait WEEKS for thier prizes. Waiting a few days is already hard enough...
    Anyway, I think it is perfectly reasonable that people check thier mail once a day. That said, I almost was disqualified because I hardly ever check my mail, it was mere luck I got in on time.::::05::

Exactly. I understood the process, and upon entering the contest. If you would have read the rules completely... As well as the entire description of the contest, you would understand completely. It's not at all that hard of a concept...

Everyone has time to check email.. That's a lame excuse from anyone if they say that. I'm busy all the time, and I always have 5 minutes to check my email..... There are 24 hours in a day, make the time. Surely, if you entered the test you would at least follow it up and see when it was over?? Then would you not check your email when the drawings were made? Or visit this site to find out? It's all common logic.

Originally posted by mlauzon

Well, I only found the email this morning when I checked my email at the local library because my computer at home is currently out of service and has been since last week...don't currently have the funds to fix it; so I am screwed because of a hardware problem -- if I was running a contest like this I'd give at least 48 to 72 hours to respond!!!

Sounds like I said earlier, a personal problem. I was in that exact situation for 2 solid years straight. You're suggesting they gave 2-3 days to respond because of one person. All the winners who did win, surely wouldn't want to be waiting for people to respond.. I surely wouldn't. I am getting flustered just for waiting the 24 hours.. :(

Originally posted by mlauzon

What I meant was, give winners 48 - 72 hours to confirm their win...some of us have jobs, etc; we can't be on a computer 24/7 just to keep checking email to see if we've won a contest.

As you said in your earlier post. Your pc is broken and it's a hardware problem. Surely you can't be suggesting you have two paying jobs and you can't afford to fix 1 pc? I fixed mine within a week on one job. Sounds awful suspicious, you sure you have 2 jobs lol? I have 2 jobs and I check my email everyday unless I forget to. I guess I am ranting now, but it seems highly inprobable that you truly have 2 jobs and can't afford to fix a pc that has been broken since sometime last week. Just sends a message to me like you're lying to make excuses for being disqualified.

First, you have 2 jobs and don't have the time to be on a lot. Then, you don't have a pc at your house that works and need to go to the library... Those are varied stories in my mind. You can all interpret it, but why are we talking about this lol? You didn't even win....

"This contest ends August 15, 2005 @ 9PM EST!"

They always tell the time when will the contest ends, so next time you should check in a day after the contest ends, and on August 25, 2005 they will give results of other contest image

CONTEST #1: Win 1 of 10 Copies of RYL: Path of the Emperor image

Im the legend.

• smeethsmeeth Member Posts: 18

SOMEONE WAKE ME UP WHEN THEY SEND INVITES OUT!imageimageimageimageimage