Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

questions about archeage

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
Hi, I started archeage at the very beginning when it was a mess with overloaded servers and couldn't even do any quests. I stopped playing almost right away.

I am looking for a new mmorpg to play and strongly considering this one, how is the state of the game right now? population? which server to choose if i do return?

Also how much money per month would I need to spend to compete in pvp?

Comments

• rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693
    anyone?

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Population will depend on which region. I'm not 100% sure about EU since I only use alts there to passively get apex, but for NA Thunderwing is currently the most populate. I think the west is the dominant faction there, but I could be wrong. As for being competitive, unless you're willing to spend a few grand while also grinding a good bit, its going to take a year or so to be mediocre otherwise. You should always check the official forums though since some players play both this version and the korean version, so some changes can be seen a head of time. Keep in mind too that XLGames is trying to do a "remastered" version of the game later this year, which I guess it just a reset with some changes to crafting and stuff at the very beginning of the game to make it more "competitive" for all.
  • jahlonjahlon Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Right now the state of the game is that you probably don't want to play it if you want to be competitive.  You might want to play it to learn the game in anticipation of the new servers that will be released sometime this year.   

XL Games has already released the Remastered server in Korea and it seems to be a hit.  I'm guessing the reason we haven't heard anything of the NA/EU fresh start servers is because we are actually going to be getting the remastered servers. 

The game is also going through a massive change at the moment with all the skill trees changing and some basic elements of the combat changing as well.  If you want to know more about that in depth click on the YouTube link in my signature and look for the 4.5 skill changes videos in the Archeage 101 playlist.   They are pretty massive changes.