Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Saga Server Opens 24 Jan.

NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
A new limited time server opens 24 Jan 2018

http://www.ageofconan.com/news/introducing_saga_of_zath

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

Comments

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Limited time? Does that mean it's like leagues from PoE?
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • NeblessNebless Member RarePosts: 1,835
    It'll be open only from Jan 24th to May 15th, when it will close and all characters will be transferred to the Crom server.
    OhhPaigey

SWG (pre-cu) - AoC (pre-f2p) - PotBS (pre-boarder) - DDO - LotRO (pre-f2p) - STO (pre-f2p) - GnH (beta tester) - SWTOR - Neverwinter

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Nebless said:
    It'll be open only from Jan 24th to May 15th, when it will close and all characters will be transferred to the Crom server.
    Cool.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • metalsmmetalsm Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Gonna give this a try.
  • DaftDaft Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Anyone try it out yet? I just started today. Server seems really busy. I am going to give this game a fair shot, its been fun so far. 
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Daft said:
    Anyone try it out yet? ... 
    Yep, check the threads under the news articles about it, or just look at the videos out there. I believe AoC never had this many streams so far, ever, during its lifetime. My favourite was MJ's, because she is great :wink:  https://youtu.be/-Dm5YCOJkqs

Tortage is still quite crowded, which is a bit of a surprise (considering each account can only have 1 character on the Saga server). Maybe it's from late arrivals like you, mixed with players who rerolled for trying out a new class.

I think both ways (early rushers vs. giving it a week before jump in) had advantages. Starting at launch last week was a mess, but mostly in a good way: truckloads of players everywhere, wiped out zones made (most of the) questing a leisure jog. On the other side, the generic "kill X amount of Y" quests were slow and time-consuming, since all the mobs were dead almost all the time... and the launch had bugs of course, which is typical Funcom.

If you start now, you already missed that crazy rush hour, but the most irritating bugs are gone too, and it is still crowdy enough for random grouping everywhere you go, and guilds are still recruiting. It is a fun place to be right now.