Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My over all impression so far

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
edited December 2017 in Saga of Lucimia
After watching the Early Access #9 videos, Renfail's very good PR campaign, and judging by other members here and my own, this is how I perceive Saga of Lucimia. 

First, I have to be honest and blunt:
-  As for now I would say it's a very good  "sleeper" game.  The good news it's very early.  Coming across too strong is never good and makes it less effective closer to release.  As for now, I would say timing is on par. 

- Graphics are coming along nicely but animations of combat need improvement.  I see that your using the character realistic look.  This could be scary from a non programmer's perspective like myself.  As just a gamer the realistic look usually have coding problems, glitches and bugs.  Now I could be wrong because I'm forming my opinions on one programmers style such as EQ1,2,Vanguard and up coming Pantheon..... So I may not know what I'm talking about.

Coding is "everything" I'm not talking about graphics, but coding !

- First person perspective, I would guess this is the less popular view.  Not game breaking but third person is more popular.  I'll have to agree with Cheyane on this one.  In many ways it's more realistic, but the player feels less overall control (my opinion).  People want to see themselves when interacting with others is cities and towns.  

- Flavor, so far Saga of Lucimia lacks features..... Now for me this is great, I love it !..... For many it's ok too, but the majority of players seem to want innovative features.  Like Pantheon, the game relies on character development and personal growth.  This is a "lost major feature" that should have never been abandon with easy games where nothing you do for yourself counts.... Great job on that ! 

- Crafting, I don't know anything about the crafting system..... But one thing for sure, crafting has become worthless in EVERY MMO because of easy (why craft if it doesn't count).  A hard game will bring the lost art of crafting.  Even in popular offline games like The Witcher and Fallout 4, crafting becomes worthless as the game becomes easer.  You have to ask to yourself, why did I even waste time in the beginning ? 

What I'm expecting overall: 
A harsh life built around a community to help each other survive.  Friends will be made because of a common bond of survival much like high school or boot camp.  A long lasting game that could be played for years instead of a 30 day story.  Nothing that will knock your socks off, but something a niche group will gravitate too for a long time.  

I'll be one of them, as long as the game is "full" and not trickle fed like so many others..... Remember, you get one chance !!!..... Try being the first !

I'll also have to be honest with this...... Saga of Lucimia may be the fall back mmo if Pantheon fails ( I'm highly concerned about their coding )  !   
Post edited by delete5230 on
zevni78

Comments

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited December 2017
    It's the next day after this post.  I'm looking at this game from a different perspective.  

Here's why ! 
    In reading a topic called "What is your most hated feature or paradigm in an MMO?"  In this post I'll hit some bullet points of what angers people the most.  It seems EVERYONE AGREES, I'll copy and paste:  

useless crafting 
    Daily quests 
    The every class can do everything over-balancing cop out 
    Loot boxes 
    cash shop items for in game gold 
    Currencies so many fucking currencies
    I feel like I'm staring at a digital storefront  
    A focus on lobby-game style instancing 
    RNG 
    paying for a boost
    instant gratification 
    Timed missions or quests
    badly implemented flying mounts 
    story has my character pinned as the "chosen one" 
    A lack of grouping 
    Quest hub games
    Dailies - I dont need a second job 
    Instancing 
    Solo content 
    Weak death penalties 
    invisible walls 
    getting zoned from one corridor to the next  
    progression hits a brick wall 
    Asian MMOs
    You could max out your skills 
    I especially dislike that term, "endgame 
    Let's create our own stories 
    Daily Log in Rewards 
    Fast travel 
    f2p The greed is just mind boggling  

Back around 2005 give or take a few, everyone assumed mmorpg's would advance.  What happened ? 

So from a different days prospective, I look at it this way: 
    - Give us a full game on release 
    - Make sure the game will play with the least amount of bugs (coding) 
    - Leave out above 30 features that aggravate players 
    - Pantheon will have some kind of impact, How?  Not sure.

Post edited by delete5230 on
    zevni78