Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hall of Chains Raid Design Detailed - Guild Wars 2 News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageHall of Chains Raid Design Detailed - Guild Wars 2 News

The Guild Wars 2 site has been updated with a new blog post from Raid Designer Byron Miller to discuss the design of the Hall of Chains raid. The post begins by examining the planning process along with some nifty behind-the-scenes drawings and concepts for the encounter. From there, the design moved to the implementation stage. There are some spoilers in the post so consider yourself warned!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Why they did raids instead of making their 5 man dungeons require mechanics I'll never know...
    [Deleted User]
  • NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473

Thupli said:

Why they did raids instead of making their 5 man dungeons require mechanics I'll never know...

They didn't stop with their 5 man content tho... They're just focused on fractals instead of dungeons that's all. And that's much much better. We just got a new fractal in the same patch which included this raid. It was an amazing instance. Fractals are miles away better than dungeons with their difficulty scales, challenge motes and rewards. And on top of that Anet is free with the Fractal system. They don't have to follow any timeline or up to date lore. They can create whatever they want with it. And that's what makes it special.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited December 2017
    Nepheth said:

Thupli said:

They didn't stop with their 5 man content tho... They're just focused on fractals instead of dungeons that's all. And that's much much better. We just got a new fractal in the same patch which included this raid. It was an amazing instance. Fractals are miles away better than dungeons with their difficulty scales, challenge motes and rewards. And on top of that Anet is free with the Fractal system. They don't have to follow any timeline or up to date lore. They can create whatever they want with it. And that's what makes it special.
    I agree. Though dungeons are a blight on the game. They continue to give new players a bad impression, especially as level up emails encourage you to not only go to these dungeons, but to do so before level 80. 

Also, raids being 5 man would have been much better. With more than 5 players, the combat can easily become an unreadable mess of particle effects, minions, and bodies. Not to mention, most of the game's boons and buffs have a 5 target limit. The only real reason for 10 man is to allow every class to appear in a party, and that's quite frankly arbitrary.