Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two More Closed Testing Periods to Come Before April 2018 Early Access Launch - Legends of Aria - MM

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageTwo More Closed Testing Periods to Come Before April 2018 Early Access Launch - Legends of Aria - MMORPG.com

Legends of Aria News - Legends of Aria is nearing a pair of major milestones on its way to the tentative beta launch in April 2018. On December 29th, the crowdfunding campaign will end as Citadel Studios transitions to pre-sale Founder's Packs. Current reward tiers for crowdfunding backers will be gone after that date.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Still not what i hoped for at this point as a UO vet of 20 years .. Its far from a UO experience , But it has a ways to go .. So holding out hope
    TokkenJemAs666
  • AlvonuAlvonu Member UncommonPosts: 34
    @Scorchien - NOTHING will be like our UO of the past, not even the culled UO of today. All these so called "Ultima Online" Try-to-be's are not even close to it's shadow much less UO in it's prime.
    TokkenScorchienchocolate42069JemAs666
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    love the game so far... really happy they expanded to world!
    ManWithNoTan

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    Alvonu said:
    @Scorchien - NOTHING will be like our UO of the past, not even the culled UO of today. All these so called "Ultima Online" Try-to-be's are not even close to it's shadow much less UO in it's prime.
    There'll never be a game like UO again.... but this one comes close!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Tokken said:

Alvonu said:

There'll never be a game like UO again.... but this one comes close!

its not even close imho
    JemAs666marganculosManWithNoTan
  • JemAs666JemAs666 Member UncommonPosts: 252
    I think they did pretty damn good for 500k. I mean there are much more shit games out there with far bigger pockets to pull money.
    BruceYeeManWithNoTan
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130
    This is one of the main games I am looking forward to. Especially knowing they will have skill caps and won't be a max everything system like Ryzom or Runescape or Albion. That type of system and those types of games hold no appeal to me, and I guess anyone else who enjoys character building for a reason.

I would have bought this game a long time ago if there was some sort of anything I remotely wanted for doing so. Alpha access? No thank you. Beta access? No thank you. Art stuff? No thank you. I am holding off for steam and will either buy the base game or another tier if it has some tangible in-game benefit I care about.
  •   Realitea Realitea Member CommonPosts: 2
    For the most UO-like experience that LoA currently has to offer, please do check-out the Legends of Ultima community server. It's been around since October 30, 2017 and is coming along nicely, with daily updates and so much more.
    While it's true, nothing can replace our beloved UO of yesteryear, this shard is still damned fun! I've been playing there since December and it's the only LoA server I personally care to play on at the moment. I'm sure there'll be other UO lovers that will have some interest.
  • OrashnaOrashna Member CommonPosts: 8
    Realitea said:
    For the most UO-like experience that LoA currently has to offer, please do check-out the Legends of Ultima community server. It's been around since October 30, 2017 and is coming along nicely, with daily updates and so much more.
    While it's true, nothing can replace our beloved UO of yesteryear, this shard is still damned fun! I've been playing there since December and it's the only LoA server I personally care to play on at the moment. I'm sure there'll be other UO lovers that will have some interest.
    I agree! I've been playing on this shard too and it's been coming along great
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Interesting concept that I believe has a very poor outlook.  Their entire schtick will be it's biggest enemy.  Taking an already niche playerbase and then fragmenting it even more is a horrible idea.

I've had the devs respond to this by saying "There will be an official server too" but if that's the answer to it, then what's the point of their shard system?
    Kyleran