Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion Brings Holiday Cheer to All Its Games - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageTrion Brings Holiday Cheer to All Its Games - MMORPG.com News

In keeping with the spirit of the season, Trion Worlds is spreading holiday cheer in Rift, Trove, ArcheAge, Defiance and Atlas Reactor. Players can head into any one (or all) of the games for good seasonal fun.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited December 2017
    Well the CEO did say it was "fun" adding a 100$ loot box for mounts to Rift that cost 1/10 that price, so idk if I trust their version of fun and other people agreed.
    AllerleirauhGameboyMarcTheScavengerSamhaelScotAlomar
  • meonthissitemeonthissite Member UncommonPosts: 917
    Myeah until they do some changes to their games I'm really not interested. RNG items in the stores, the cost of buying individual building blocks in Trove, the lack of development support for both the bugs in Defiance as well as no plans of porting it to next gen consoles, and then the overall pay to win setup of Archeage that's still not been corrected or addressed just turns me off to their entire series.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    To bad all of Trions games are dealing with a massive DOS attack
    Viper482
  • valoizvaloiz Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Worst publisher in the world....
    Gyva02Viper482AsmodeuX
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671

valoiz said:

EA is a publisher, just saying.
    [Deleted User]Alomar
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    Trion = Garbage
    Viper482Alomar
  • RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283
    LOL...Trion. Seriously...
    Viper482
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Had several Arche Age accounts, the only one that profits is Trion Worlds, and the people who pay money to end up losing everything in server merges, and a company that makes horrid changes that effect everyone as a whole.
    Viper482
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Screw Trion.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • z0mb13n1njaz0mb13n1nja Member UncommonPosts: 27
    holiday greed is more like it
  • JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    That's the Christmas spirit!
    SBFord
  • XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Buy your loved one a $150 package or two!
    JunglecharlyScot
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

valoiz said:

Trion is pretty bad but I think Electronic Arts and Perfect World Entertainment are probably worse.

Activison & Ubisoft too , but yeah EA wins hands down as worst
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    edited December 2017
    You know, despite everyone piling on the Trion hate, keep in mind that there are thousands of people in the world who love these games and the point of the thread is that those people are being provided some holiday fun.

Get in the spirit of the season, ya Scrooges. :D Geez.
    [Deleted User]ScotchUp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    @Mars_Orbital I actually meant what I said: Since this is a post about ALL of Trion's game, Trove being very very popular, yes, there are actually thousands enjoying their games.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Sorry but Trion deserved to be stoned anywhere their name pops up.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498

SBFord said:

Get in the spirit of the season, ya Scrooges. :D Geez.

Ok, you asked for it...

BAH, humbug!
    SBFord
  • TarindilTarindil Member UncommonPosts: 31
    I love Rift. Best housing system in any game hands down, although Medieval Engineers is coming up fast as a close second.

That said, last month during their Autumn Harvest Festival, there were five days of ddos attacks.
    The dc's and lag were insane. Trion's answer? Nothing to the players. No extending the festival for time you lost. Nothing. No 2 or 3 day patron, just nothing.

Now it's Fae Yule Festival and here we go again. We are on day six of the attacks. The game is almost unplayable now. If you pop a token the lag and dc's eat up a good bit of the token. Trion's answer? No reimbursement of tokens, no patron, nothing. But hey, please come buy our stuff in the store, Merry Christmas.

I have been a hard core Rift player for years now. Fae Yule is the one festival I look forward to the most of the year because of the wonderful new dimension items, yet what is the point of trying to farm for these when you burn up half of your expensive tokens? No extension for all the lost time from lag & dc's. Again nothing.

Trion's response? Oh well, other games are getting hit too. It's Christmas, yep we have nothing for you players that are experiencing this, please buy more from our store.

Soon Trion, very soon, you will have chased away all of your hard core players, like me.

We get it Trion, you no longer care about your players as long as some of them are willing to spend money in the store.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    Tis the season to be grumpy...to be honest with what I hear they sell in the cash shop no wonder people are taking Trion's Xmas cheer rather sarcastically. :)
  • TarindilTarindil Member UncommonPosts: 31
    P.S. So glad Trion is bringing Holiday cheer to it's games since it certainly is not bringing Holiday Cheer to it's players.
  • Grasshoppa2000Grasshoppa2000 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    I guess the word "ALL" has changed definition since Devilian is missing from their holiday promotion. Or did they actually stop publishing it already?
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    nice, getting back into Rift.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    If Trion had a Christmas tree I'd steal all their presents from under it.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red