Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Ever Friends & Family Event + Storefront Offers Pre-Order Packages - Ashes of Creation - MMORP

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageFirst Ever Friends & Family Event + Storefront Offers Pre-Order Packages - Ashes of Creation - MMORPG.com

Ashes of Creation News - Ashes of Creation is ready to kick off a Friends & Family event (Alpha Zero) over the coming weekend. In addition, the team is preparing for more alpha and beta events throughout 2018. Intrepid also announced the pre-order program "storefront" that brings special packages to fans.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    how about you pay me to test your game while its in alpha.
    AlomarDauzqulaustinmawConstantineMerusGaladournSwamiOnTheMountainValdheim
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    But you can't get the kickstart exclusives if you didn't back kickstarter or buy an upgrade to a package such as the Angel Skin?
  • Hashcow101Hashcow101 Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Can't believe ppl are saying to play games not finished what happened to companies oaying for honest qa testers. Guess paying for a half ass product is normal of corporate greed.

"May Your Head Explode And Blood Swell From The Wound"
    - Hashcow

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Everyone should join. Buy buy buy!!!!!

PS: Please use my referral link [email protected]
    JamesGoblin

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Get back to me when the game's playable, and then I might spend something.
    Octagon7711BruceYeeNildenValdheim
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    They already had some type of Kickstarter exclusive item package.

I don't know... I play games as a collector, so when there is something that I know I can't possibly get via in-game efforts, I lose interest. Sigh. I miss the old days... Work hard to show off your earned goodie... not spend 500 for some gold cape.
    Valdheim
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I miss those days.  Looking for testers with different levels of gaming experience and various types of pc's to test our game.  Must be willing to take surveys and report any problems found within game.  Constant feedback is requested and required.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• denath66denath66 Member CommonPosts: 4
    Um do they take blood or firstborn?
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    So um... what is the Friends and Family event, anyways?  The article didn't really say to my knowledge and it's not readily described on the webpage immediately (but the cash shop sure is!)
  • timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    edited December 2017

Tiamat64 said:

So um... what is the Friends and Family event, anyways?  The article didn't really say to my knowledge and it's not readily described on the webpage immediately (but the cash shop sure is!)

Well, these playable alphas basically are only for family and friends of developers and company employee's. And a few players that won some alpha 0 keys. So the events are basically the short few days those people can play the game.. just worded differently i guess

Dauzqul said:

They already had some type of Kickstarter exclusive item package.

I don't know... I play games as a collector, so when there is something that I know I can't possibly get via in-game efforts, I lose interest. Sigh. I miss the old days... Work hard to show off your earned goodie... not spend 500 for some gold cape.

True true. While i do love how development has been going and how dedicated the developers are ... i always feel like at MAXIMUM you can do a kickstarter and then close to open beta/release allow the purchase of founder packs. Alpha's should be more key giveaways and less keysales.

Thats why i thoroughly hate Star Citizen and Crowfall.... they stack multiple kickstarters and indiegogo's on top of eachother, then get more funding from sponsors and publishers and then open up a store for multiple years gathering more money, while at the same time doing more moneygathering by making more promotional fundraisers that according to them are used for extra content.
    Like... from how many sources do you want freaking free money, jeez.
    Star Citizen and Crowfall already earned back their costs a few times. And even if both turn out to absolute crap at release... it doesnt matter anyway.
    All it would do is reduce their reputation a bit, but meanwhile they already have the cash.
    Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • MajoreZaMajoreZa Member UncommonPosts: 8
    edited December 2017
    If anyone gets the game please use me as referral (i get 15% of your account purchases). I will be playing the game BETA 1 and beyond.

[mod edit]
    Post edited by Vaross on
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    edited December 2017
    MajoreZa said:
    If anyone gets the game please use me as referral (i get 15% of your account purchases). I will be playing the game BETA 1 and beyond.

[mod edit]
    You realize you can't post that here right?
    Post edited by Vaross on

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    edited December 2017
    *$25 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!)*

Il just leave this here.