Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logitech G PowerPlay System with G903/703 Gaming Mice: Bye Bye, Wires - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageLogitech G PowerPlay System with G903/703 Gaming Mice: Bye Bye, Wires - MMORPG.com

For years, wireless gaming mice lagged behind their wired counterparts. Worse, nothing wrecked a game faster than feeling that battery start to die in the middle of your gaming session. Those problems are a thing of the past with the Logitech G PowerPlay system. We can finally charge our mice, right through the mouse mat. But with the charging system and mouse costing nearly $200, is it worth the cost of entry?

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I do wish they'd stick with the original G700 button layout. 4 on the side and 3 to the left of the left mouse button. Best mouse I've ever owned. Having access to 4 buttons with your index finger and 4 buttons with your thumb is excellent for when you need to press more than 1 at a time and prefer them on your mouse.

If it had the same button layout I'd buy one of these complete kits immediately.

At this rate I'm going to have to buy a few original G700s to save for the future.
    daltanious
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • xxBoneZxxxxBoneZxx Member UncommonPosts: 124

I do wish they'd stick with the original G700 button layout. 4 on the side and 3 to the left of the left mouse button. Best mouse I've ever owned. Having access to 4 buttons with your index finger and 4 buttons with your thumb is excellent for when you need to press more than 1 at a time and prefer them on your mouse.

If it had the same button layout I'd buy one of these complete kits immediately.

At this rate I'm going to have to buy a few original G700s to save for the future.

I still have my trusty, years-old G700 being used on another computer. However, for gaming, I've switched to the Roccat Leadr, which has been an excellent G700 replacement. It has decent battery life. Near-perfect button placement. And is even lighter than the G700. There's enough charge for an entire day. I usually throw it on the dock at night. It can also be tethered, so that it can charge while in use.

Until Logitech comes out with a G700 replacement (or even wireless G502, which is close-enough), then the Roccat Leadr will suffice to fill in that empty space.
    TheDarkrayne
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited December 2017

xxBoneZxx said:

I still have my trusty, years-old G700 being used on another computer. However, for gaming, I've switched to the Roccat Leadr, which has been an excellent G700 replacement. It has decent battery life. Near-perfect button placement. And is even lighter than the G700. There's enough charge for an entire day. I usually throw it on the dock at night. It can also be tethered, so that it can charge while in use.

Until Logitech comes out with a G700 replacement (or even wireless G502, which is close-enough), then the Roccat Leadr will suffice to fill in that empty space.

I've looked into it and I love it. I've just ordered one lol. It'll completely match my Roccat Sova as well. I bought from Amazon so I can easily return it just in case it isn't for me.

Thanks for telling me about it!
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Total miss for gaming, at least MMO. Nothing so far beats for me G700.
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793
    I also use the Leadr. It's great! The whole paddle and fin thing is kinda funky though.