Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aberration Launches with New Underground Biome - ARK: Survival Evolved - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageAberration Launches with New Underground Biome - ARK: Survival Evolved - MMORPG.com

ARK: Survival Evolved News - Studio Wildcard has sent word that ARK: Survival Evolved will be updated today with the Aberration content expansion. Players will have a new underground biome to explore that is packed with new flora and fauna. There are new creatures to tame including a "chameleon like" Rock Drake. There are 50+ new items to craft and new challenges to defeat.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Anyone still playing this? I always want to get back, but then I remember punching trees and the janky-ness.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• nfacatriusnfacatrius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    I would recommend modded unofficial Servers for more Dino variety aswell as a lot more cool stuff to build.

Rarely playing it atm
    c0796
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    So is this the only game to officially launch with an expansion and come out with another expansion within like 3 or so months of said launch?
  • blbetablbeta Member UncommonPosts: 144
    edited December 2017
    A group of us still play on our private server. I wanted to play on official but everytime I try it is not smooth like our private one is.

I also stripped almost all mods we only use S+.
    Server is set to 2x gather, 3x taming, 5x breeding, and 4x dino spawns. So far it seems to provide a fun environment.

We are working on clearing TheIsland and then will move on to another ARK. Still fun for us atm.
  • TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    edited December 2017
    I've logged over 720 hours in Ark. However, a lot of that time has been in singleplayer messing with the bazillion mods out there. Not having to log in to feed beasties makes a huge difference, playing on a server felt like a job. Looking forward to the new map.
    c0796

• Esquire1980Esquire1980 Member UncommonPosts: 568
    edited December 2017

Anyone still playing this? I always want to get back, but then I remember punching trees and the janky-ness.

Yes. I went from running a SWGEMU server to having an ARK cluster (4 worlds with Ab coming this weekend to the cluster). Perfect sandbox game to evolve to from SWG with Star Wars/ 29 mods installed.

If your interested Bill, your more than welcome to try our "unofficial" servers and do a write up on what's new/etc. I've set the servers up more as a MMORPG with increasing difficulty. Our servers are PVE/PVP. I have a vent server so you can speak to our players 1st hand. ARKCHOICE cluster.
    c0796