Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SC makes PC Gamers worst micro transactions list

Comments

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Babuinix said:
    Yep getting +8$million dollars in a couple of weeks is so bad...
    I dunno how they can manage tbh lol :#
    they cant thus why they are selling anything and everything they ever did AND they also sold land.

This is the time where they actually get a little boost. They still need about 3.5 million more for the rest of this month just to match what they took in last year.

remember when 3.0 was going to change the world? remember how that was going to be the thing that really got them going (the 150 million they had taken in (allegedly) before then obviously wasnt enough)?

I would say the threshold has been reached and the law of diminishing returns is starting to catch up with them, But 30 mil a year for not doing a while hell of a lot, at least in terms of actual delivering anything earth shattering, so some diminishing can be taken I suppose. Only problem is the whole 3 million a month break even mark that backers have made up sort of falls apart then obviously.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Every. Single. SC. Post. EVER. Everrrrrrrrr.
    Phaserlight
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392
    What items in SC are considered MICROtransactions?  Macrotransactions sure.  Microtransactions I thought refered to item shop things that were a few bucks but nickle and dime you until you are thousands in.  Not one purchase/crowdfunding item that puts you thousands in.   I swear, no one in the gaming community can use terms right once they become popular, like MMORPG.  I mean hate on SC for the crazy prices of items, but to call them microtransactions is pretty dumb considering the cheapest ship is $45 (or at least was).
    kikoodutroa8Octagon7711

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    In a world where EA and Bungie exist, and particularly after the SW:BF2, UFC, Destiny 2 debacles involving microtransactions, exactly how does SC even end up in the top 5 worst? :o
    ShodanasStjerneodd
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    Yes! Star Citizen, making every thread more fun since 2014. A ship might be a couple of grand, but both sides duking it out in every way possible? Priceless. i would have almost bought the game so I wouldn't feel guilty for having so much free entertainment.

Then again, I don't really believe in what CR is doing. I'll spend some when SC has launched and has about half of of the features that have been promised. Yes, I am a VERY patient man.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    XarkoKyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    edited December 2017
    Phry said:
    In a world where EA and Bungie exist, and particularly after the SW:BF2, UFC, Destiny 2 debacles involving microtransactions, exactly how does SC even end up in the top 5 worst? :o
    Because this is a world where EA and Bungie exist, while Star Citizen does not (or at the very least since some fanboys insist that 3.0 counts as it existing, the items it's selling don't).

As bad as EA and Bungie's cash shop practices were, you at least got something that existed in their game.  Star Citizen you're basically buying potentially years in advance for something that may not exist at all.
    MaxBaconPhry
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    lahnmir said:
    Yes! Star Citizen, making every thread more fun since 2014. A ship might be a couple of grand, but both sides duking it out in every way possible? Priceless. i would have almost bought the game so I wouldn't feel guilty for having so much free entertainment.

Then again, I don't really believe in what CR is doing. I'll spend some when SC has launched and has about half of of the features that have been promised. Yes, I am a VERY patient man.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    How old are you? I only ask cause you might be dead by the time they get half of the promised features in
    MaxBaconKyleranYashaXAzaron_Nightblade
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited December 2017
    Kefo said:
    lahnmir said:

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    How old are you? I only ask cause you might be dead by the time they get half of the promised features in
    You can say that about most crowdfunded mmo's...

You think you'll be alive when ED let's you hunt big game on planets?  :D

As for the list you can put there most crowdfunded games, it's how it works.
    The main reason Star Citizen makes the list is because It guarantees clicks.

Crowfall with it's land parcels selling system for example is left out the list.

All in all another meaningless noise disguised as "concern" lol
    Daranar
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565
    Phaserlightsgel
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    There is no microtransactions in SC... Microtransactions work on the "death by a thousand cuts" philosophy.... A ship the price of a new car.... is not death by a thousand cuts... it is a zweihander to the chest. 

And to be fair... I´l wait for the damm thing to release before i pick a side. If ships are easy to get ingame the raod leading up to the game will not mattter... If the gates are think and made of gold... Game will die. 
    DaranarPhry

This have been a good conversation

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Tiamat64 said:
    Because this is a world where EA and Bungie exist, while Star Citizen does not (or at the very least since some fanboys insist that 3.0 counts as it existing, the items it's selling don't).

As bad as EA and Bungie's cash shop practices were, you at least got something that existed in their game.  Star Citizen you're basically buying potentially years in advance for something that may not exist at all.
    This justification of yours lol

Where are you attacking the "season passes" then? It's the same logic, you are buying potentially years in advance for something that you don't know what you will get. --'
    Phry
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Reading about the vials of blood,we no longer have to decide if money creates all kinds of weird people.

Fake numbers? On that subject i mentioned awhile back then i wouldn't trust a single Kickstarter or crowd funder for many reasons,most importantly you as an outsider have NO IDEA what so ever what they are doing behind closed doors.
    Personally,all i need to see is the KS'r or CF or EA ideas and i automatically know they are up to no good.

Here is something for the mindless to think about....

To me all of these shotty devs are just operating shotty RMT practices without a viable product,often starts with NOTHING to show,just an open cash shop disguised as some PACKAGE or FOUNDER"S or KS'r or EA <<<< i lol@ those terms being used,they are RMT and nothing more.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586
    This seems to be definitely taking the 1%er route for gaming.
    FrodoFragins
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    edited December 2017
    The prices I've heard for things in this game give me zero interest to ever pursue it...I doubt it ever leaves alpha as it is plenty profitable for them now, why bother with launch?
    FrodoFragins
    edited December 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Tiamat64 said:

This justification of yours lol

Where are you attacking the "season passes" then? It's the same logic, you are buying potentially years in advance for something that you don't know what you will get. --'
    Justifications?  You're one to talk.  Heck, even now you're implying your own horrible justifications for why my argument is invalid by blindly ignoring the difference here between season passes and what Star Citizen is selling that should be obvious to everyone.  I really shouldn't have to point out things like how season passes tend to be only one year unlike Star Citizen that has no set date and will likely be far more than that, that season passes are still for a game that exists so their odds of coming to fruition are much higher than Star Citizen's (I can't really think of a season pass for anything that ever failed to come to fruition, actually), and that one entire season pass tends to be cheaper than a single plot of land in Star Citizen.

For crying out loud, Battlefront's Season pass is FREE.  (and Destiny's is only $35.  Again, an entire TWO expansions, which are coming in less than a year, that's cheaper than a Star Citizen plot of land)

MaxBacon
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    I cannot fathom why anyone would defend what has transpired with SC. Man no wonder politics all over the world is so corrupt, when the population is this naïve it is like blood in the water for the sharks. 
    FrodoFraginsMaxBaconAzaron_Nightblade
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    edited December 2017
    Tiamat64 said:
    Justifications?  You're one to talk.  Heck, even now you're implying your own horrible justifications for why my argument is invalid by blindly ignoring the difference here between season passes and what Star Citizen is selling that should be obvious to everyone.  I really shouldn't have to point out things like how season passes tend to be only one year unlike Star Citizen that has no set date and will likely be far more than that, that season passes are still for a game that exists so their odds of coming to fruition are much higher than Star Citizen's (I can't really think of a season pass for anything that ever failed to come to fruition, actually), and that one entire season pass tends to be cheaper than a single plot of land in Star Citizen.
    Details on something that falls on the same basis of your argument for me is something like "buying something that doesn't exist is evil, shame on you SC!". I think you're just picking anything to attack SC with, you know the same rule applies for every single crowdfunded game because of its the nature of crowdfunding when you are funding what is being created, exactly what SC did with ship pledges since day-1.
    edited December 2017
    MaxBacon said:
    Tiamat64 said:
    I said "potentially years".  IE, plural.  Season passes tend to be only one year.  And they're still for a game that exists so their odds of coming to fruition are much higher than Star Citizen's.  I can't really think of a season pass for anything that ever failed to come to fruition, actually
    Oh that's details on something that falls on the same basis of your argument for me is something like "buying something that doesn't exist is evil, shame on you SC!". I think you're just picking anything to attack SC with, you know the same rule applies for every single crowdfunded game because of its the nature of crowdfunding when you are funding what is being created, exactly what SC did with ship sales since day-1.
    More like cherry-picking and then mutating it to fit your agenda.

And yes, the same rules do apply to every single crowdfunded game (see, cherry-picking and mutating to suit your own agenda.  Neither EA nor Bungie are crowdfunded studios).  That doesn't make them any better.  Star Citizen's scale of the thing does make it worse, though.
    Tiamat64 said:

And yes, the same rules do apply to every single crowdfunded game (see, cherry-picking and mutating to suit your own agenda.  Neither EA nor Bungie are crowdfunded studios).  That doesn't make them any better.  Star Citizen's scale of the thing does make it worse, though.
    So let me see your argument. SC and other crowdfunded projects are as bad as EA and so? Is that it?

In one side you have the crowdfunded nature of a project that in all of them need to fund something that does not exist, until it does. In the other side, you have companies that profit millions and billions selling you things that do not exist yet via things as season passes and even founder packs.

You might weight that the same, but I don't, one is forced to do that because without funding there's no game, the other one just does it for the sake of profitability before the product exists.
  • OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    F
    AKE 

N
    EWS! 
    DaranarTheScavenger
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    I agree on the SotA being worse but also agree that ONE company being worse doesn't make anything under it okay.

The major difference for me is SotA is desperate and seems to be milking large donors more where as CIG is not as desperate, still milking large donors for more, but hasn't given up on the little guy.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

MaxBacon said:
    Tiamat64 said:

So let me see your argument. SC and other crowdfunded projects are as bad as EA and so? Is that it?
    Phrasing your mutation and cherry-picking as a question doesn't make it any better despite the obvious attempt to conceal it as such.

I was originally responding to the topic (or rather, someone who didn't specifically say he was addressing the topic but didn't specify so it could logically be assumed he was), not you, before you came along and tried to mutate my reply into an entirely different context.

The topic, as pointed out repeatedly in this thread, was the 5 most dubious microtransactions, and as also repeatedly pointed out, it was only Star Citizen's land transactions that made the list.  A "microtransaction" to buy a plot of land for a game that doesn't even exist yet is a lot more dubious than anything EA or Bungie will ever sold, and in this case, it's made clear because the microtransactions that were called into question (be it loot boxes or season passes that always come to pass unlike crowd funded games).

But of course now you're mutating and twisting the context of my replies to apply to crowdfunding as a whole to deflect how dubious Star Citizen's land cash grab is.  How typical.
    MaxBacon
    edited December 2017
    Tiamat64 said:
    Phrasing your mutation and cherry-picking as a question doesn't make it any better despite the obvious attempt to conceal it as such.

I was originally responding to the topic (or rather, someone who didn't specifically say he was addressing the topic but didn't specify so it could logically be assumed he was), not you, before you came along and tried to mutate my reply into an entirely different context.

The topic, as pointed out repeatedly in this thread, was the 5 most dubious microtransactions, and as also repeatedly pointed out, it was only Star Citizen's land transactions that made the list.  A "microtransaction" to buy a plot of land for a game that doesn't even exist yet is a lot more dubious than anything EA or Bungie will ever sold, and in this case, it's made clear because the microtransactions that were called into question (be it loot boxes or season passes that always come to pass unlike crowd funded games).

But of course now you're mutating and twisting the context of my replies to apply to crowdfunding as a whole to deflect how dubious Star Citizen's land cash grab is.  How typical.
    You got me hungry now, I'm going buying some cherries for myself.

If you defend that as your opinion so be it, for me it's ridiculous and clouded judgment by bias, if your argument was the point the list was made on on the list then other crowdfunded projects would be there, but nope. So have fun with that, I'll go get me cherries.

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Viper482 said:
    I cannot fathom why anyone would defend what has transpired with SC. Man no wonder politics all over the world is so corrupt, when the population is this naïve it is like blood in the water for the sharks. 
    Depends how you see it. At the end of the day, imho, it's a crowdfunded game. in it's simplest form is, you're putting money into someones dream. A dream can come true or not, but it's your choice from the very start weather or not you want to be part of.

I can't compare it to EA and Activitsion tbh, when you have one that patents an idea to place players in a situation that they get battered by a paying player and hoodwinked into thinking they need those items to win and another that throttles your game-play behind the scenes in hopes of you purchasing more items. 

What exactly has transpired? Delays? Not the greatest management? If that's it, then I wouldn't say things have transpired to the point it needs to be compared to politics. I've seen a lot of assumption of things transpiring, but nothing has happened.

This is why I haven't gotten involved in SC threads cause it just feels like hot air being blown about from both sides. The projects trucking along, you can either get involved or not, it's your choice ate the end of the day and, to me, that's the big difference.   
    Darkpigeon
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    They need to release this game soon. Once they start losing momentum, they will lose their revenue......Then, it's over.
    Kyleran