Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats there to play for me!??

13»

Comments

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    I've seen this post in various forms over the last 15 years on these forums. Nothing is going to make you happy until you learn to compromise. Just like there's bad and good things we like with our family, friends, work, and other hobbies; we have to accept the good and the bad with our choice games. 

You also need to think more positively. While describing these games, you are going into them expecting to be let down. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you're looking for something to dislike about the game, you're guaranteed to find it. I find it's better to take a break away from games at this point and come back if and when you remember why you first became a gamer.

For example, my first MMO was DAoC and after 3 years, I started playing SWG. Then WoW blew up and I gave that a try. I absolutely hated WoW because it had none of the good things that I enjoyed in my previous MMO's. It wasn't until several years later, did I finally give games like that a real chance. After I did, I found I was able to enjoy myself. The same way as in DAoC and SWG where I grouped constantly, RvR'd, player traded face to face, and RP'd? Nope, but I enjoyed WoW and games styled after it for what it offered, which is a quest/story-based MMORPG whose focus is on solo gameplay, with minimal choice in development, but class development and advancement through a level-based system. These games offer short entertaining packages of fun in the form of group instanced dungeons and later more challenging and entertaining packages of fun in the form of raiding. 

My advice? Either leave gaming and find another hobby, so that way you can still find joy in something in your life, or adjust your expectations and learn to enjoy the parts of games you do enjoy without focusing on the bad. Because each gamer has their ideal game in their head, but no developer is going to hand craft a game for each of us. So we have to learn to compromise. Have fun with the features built for you, while others have fun with features catered to them.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Vedixsz said:
    So some of you are telling me to take a break from mmorpgs and while it might work (probably not knowing myself) its not the problem, the avaliable mmorpgs are just not what im looking for. 

Really all im looking for is a well populated Archeage with a developer thats not going to ruin it, make smart decisions and not treat their players like poop. I dont think thats to much to ask for xD Also people need to stop playing WoW, bunch of bloody nostalgia chasers haha jk!
    But really WoW has allot of players still and i kinda wish those people would break free and make themselves avaliable to other games. I think many games dont take risks because games like WoW have such devoted fans of that one game. Could totally be wrong i admit but i feel like there is some truth to it. 

I would also love an Archeage done right where Trion and whoever the hell is pulling their strings did not completely destroy the game between alpha and a few months into release. Sadly, it happened and it is never coming back. 

Frankly I can't believe anyone is still playing it .....other than DMKano.

The MMO you are looking for does not exist, that much is certain. 
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Scot said:

He is not you. May be he finds these other things are so fun that he may just not return. Is it such a bad thing?

No, but I think you are wrong in saying this shows he needs to give up MMOs. A change is as good as a rest, if he does need a break he may well come back.

I didn't say he has to. Is there a reason why i shouldn't raise the possibility for him to consider? It is a possible cause of action.

And even if i suggest he should ... why is it "wrong"? Is there a rule saying that a person has to stick with MMOs, or for that matter, any specific kind of entertainment.

And if he finds other things more fun (taste can change, you know), is there any reason why he should not give up MMOs?

Heck, even the definition of MMOs change. 
  • NithirNithir Member UncommonPosts: 74
    edited December 2017
    Also in a place where most mmos out there just don't do it for me anymore. I still play FFXIV and i recently got back into Neverwinter after a few years of hiatus, but ive tried to look at some online games instead, i still play The Division, and ill be grabbing Monster Hunter World for some nice grinding online, it might not be massive, but having a small party of friends to just grind monsters will do for me till all the promising mmos comes out at the end of 2018, and 2019 etc.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Nithir said:
    Also in a place where most mmos out there just don't do it for me anymore. I still play FFXIV and i recently got back into Neverwinter after a few years of hiatus, but ive tried to look at some online games instead, i still play The Division, and ill be grabbing Monster Hunter World for some nice grinding online, it might not be massive, but having a small party of friends to just grind monsters will do for me till all the promising mmos comes out at the end of 2018, and 2019 etc.

Sounds like you should find something else other than MMOs to entertain you.