Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Turn-Based F2P Strategy MMO Launches Into Early Access - Space Wars: Interstellar Empires - MMORPG.c

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited December 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageTurn-Based F2P Strategy MMO Launches Into Early Access - Space Wars: Interstellar Empires - MMORPG.com

Space Wars: Interstellar Empires News - If you're looking for a free-to-play strategy MMO, then we have good news for you: Space Wars - Interstellar Empires has launched into Steam Early Access. Players can control 250 different ships, command a diverse crew and take part in up to 40-player skirmishes.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191
    Is this game any good
  • Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    yonpachi said:
    Is this game any good
    I dont know. Trying it now (F2P)
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Meh.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Torval said:
    I'll be interested to hear how turn-based combat works out. It's okay in Wakfu and Wizards 101.
    I think Atlantica was at least the most popular turned based game here. Personally is SSIs Neverwinter nights (not to be confused with Biowares game named after it) was the only one with fun combat, it was probably the first game you could call a MMO in the early 90s before M59 set up the kind of MMOs we still have today.

I do like AoW3 and Civ though so it is possible that it works out as long as they havn't made the combat too minimalistic.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,988
    What are the in app purchases? P2W or just skins?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• atonicoatonico Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Can you guys make a review on this game? I am a sucker for turn base games, although i much prefer japanese titles, but a turn base MMO is something I've been craving ever since Atlantica was bought off by nexon (left the game at that point).
    Would be nice to know if the progression is tied to p2w or if it's a fair model like PoE (btw, PoE just released 3.1 today).
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Essentially, turn-based-combat Planetside...
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Here is a story trailer video for the game.

• vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768
    A lot of general error pops up in the game, it's still buggy, played like sid meir starship it has 60s timer on battle
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited December 2017
    I tested the game, and it sucks.

The devs have some good ideas, but managing your ship by adjusting power levels for 10+ different things for each single combat round is not fun, it's cumbersome.

Also if there are a lot of players in a single battle you may have to end up waiting 10 minutes between turns. 10 minutes wait make a movement and shoot the enemy maybe 2 times, then it's on to next 10 minute wait.

The game had a lot of error pop-up messages and many things felt unfinished, but even if they finish and fix everything the underlaying game is bad and they'd need to do a major overhaul to not frustrate and bore their players to death with the wait and cumbersome mechanics.
    JamesGoblinSlapshot1188Gdemamisschrupp

• SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560

My first impressions in a nutshell: combat takes forever, but the game has potential for us turn-based fans.
    [Deleted User]

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

Turn based combat taking place in turns....*shocking*

Some people...
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Gdemami said:
    Turn based combat taking place in turns....*shocking*

Some people...
    We were complaining about the the long wait between turns, not about turns themselves.

If you had played other turn based MMOs you'd know that there are plenty of solutions to the wait, like:
     -command phase and action phase
     -giving multiple people their turns at the same time (eg. one side first then another side)
     -limiting the scale, number of players, and increasing damage that you can do within a single turn
     -making UI and game mechanisms that allow players to make their choices for the turn faster

Please play some turn based games instead of criticizing those of us who have played them. Thank you.
    Gdemami

Vrika said:
    If you had played other turn based MMOs you'd know that there are plenty of solutions to the wait, like:
    ...and neither of that is applicapable to the game like SpaceWars.