Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Loot Box World

laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
edited December 2017 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
The regular posters may be familiar with me lurking around the forums. I've been creating threads about gameplay design for the past year, learning, collecting information. After much deliberation, I decided to take all of your opinions on board and create something that will truly revolutionize the market.

One comment resonated with me the most, people are upset about linking payments to gameplay. This was an epiphany - I've been thinking about my game wrong all along. What if there was no gameplay getting in the way of paying?

Post edited by laxie on
Feedback
  1. What would improve the game?2 votes
    1. Higher lootbox price.
        0.00%
    2. The game needs to be buy-to-play. Lootboxes in free-to-play games are so 2016.
      100.00%
    3. Bulk buying options. The game needs a "Best Value" package of 99$
        0.00%
MadFrenchie4507

Comments

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    edited December 2017
    laxie said:
    The regular posters may be familiar with me lurking around the forums. I've been creating threads about gameplay design for the past year, learning, collecting information. After much deliberation, I decided to take all of your opinions on board and create something that will truly revolutionize the market.

One comment resonated with me the most, people are upset about linking payments to gameplay. This was an epiphany - I've been thinking about my game wrong all along. What if there was no gameplay getting in the way of paying?

Gotta be buy-to-play.  But make sure you sell a season pass that doesn't include certain loot box packs that you will release less than 6 months after going gold with the base title.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I disagree,the best option is always a sub fee however that money should be used for ongoing content ,to keep players coming back.
    This whole idea of GREED going around the industry is sickening.If a game is good people will pay 15 bucks or they should since most are spending more than that in most games and getting almost nothing for their money.
    If they won't pay,your game is not good enough and that is why this whole new era of gimmicks came about,so many crappy games were trying to edge into the market with ideas NOT related to actually selling the game based on quality.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.