Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Collections

2»

Comments

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Yes EQ1 has a collection system.  They look like a large marble, literally shiny.  Not exactly like EQ2 but close.

I think you are on the right track with items that are hidden in the world, but I dont think I like the idea of old EQ1 type quest items that were teeny tiny leaf on the ground among other leaves.  I wouldnt want people running around staring at the ground trying to find the leaf, and I wouldnt want to have to turn off foliage graphics setting to find it.  If they are going to do it Id rather the items were hidden in out of the way places in the world to reward people that explore.  On a shelf in a dungeon there is an odd looking vial.  Definitely not glowing :)
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    There are so many things that are already in a game that seem rather odd for instance the fact that NPCs never sleep or that they seem to have no memory of you if you click on them again. 

Talking about immersion how about the fact that mobs don't all just swarm you in every encounter but rather wait in some spot for you. I don't think shinies on the ground is a huge problem. It is a fun thing to do for people who enjoy collecting. 

I especially loved the weapon lore stuff you did in Everquest 2 that earned you an actual weapon you could place on the wall of your house. I spent hours upon hours collecting those and I would love something like that in Pantheon.

Amathe