Savage Hunt, Successor to Dragon's Prophet, Launching Tomorrow...We Think - Dragon's Prophet - MMORP

2»

Comments

  • titanofdoomtitanofdoom EnglandMember UncommonPosts: 150
    Amazes me some of these asinine comments...if this game yielded no interest, why are there so many remarks? This was a decent MMO, with execrable marketing. Once again seen transparently as were in the nebulous murk over the details of this 'new' game / iteration...
    ScotchUp
    Perennially extricating the extraneous
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 7,856
    edited December 6


    Amazes me some of these asinine comments...if this game yielded no interest, why are there so many remarks? This was a decent MMO, with execrable marketing. Once again seen transparently as were in the nebulous murk over the details of this 'new' game / iteration...






    This is what they do here.

    This is the only site where the question " Do you even game bro? " actually applies.

    All they do is complain and never talk about the game they are actually playing.
    As for Savage Hunt I will give it a shot. The original was not a bad game at all.
    Post edited by Mikeha on
    ScotchUp

  • ForgrimmForgrimm Somewhere in TimeMember EpicPosts: 2,744
    Well the website is live now.
    Torval
  • RehdyeRehdye Lafayette, LAMember UncommonPosts: 12
    Website and Game are live with a giveaway for a nice PC.
  • Gobstopper3DGobstopper3D Member UncommonPosts: 528
    I didn't think the original was all that bad, but I don't really like F2P games.   I didn't last long in the first one and won't bother with this one.

    I'm not an IT Specialist, Game Developer, or Clairvoyant in real life, but like others on here, I play one on the internet.

  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 17,116
    Amazes me some of these asinine comments...if this game yielded no interest, why are there so many remarks? This was a decent MMO, with execrable marketing. Once again seen transparently as were in the nebulous murk over the details of this 'new' game / iteration...

    Terrible games often yield the most comments, as forums are mostly about complaints and negative comments.

    People mostly come to forums to vent, not to talk about how awesome things are.

    Decent MMO today = dead within year, decent simply doesnt cut it anymore
    ScotchUp
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 17,116
    Mikeha said:


    Amazes me some of these asinine comments...if this game yielded no interest, why are there so many remarks? This was a decent MMO, with execrable marketing. Once again seen transparently as were in the nebulous murk over the details of this 'new' game / iteration...






    This is what they do here.

    This is the only site where the question " Do you even game bro? " actually applies.

    All they do is complain and never talk about the game they are actually playing.
    As for Savage Hunt I will give it a shot. The original was not a bad game at all.

    This site is no different than any 3rd party game forum site where 90%+ of comments are complaints.

    Heck most official game forums are worse, as personal attacks are allowed and the forums read like 4chan.

    So I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that  "this site" is the "only" site like this?

    Do you even forum bro?
  • StizzledStizzled Springfield, MOMember RarePosts: 1,793
    edited December 6
    http://forum.savagehunt.gamigo.com/index.php?thread/52-is-this-the-self-same-game-as-dp/

    "Heyho,

    the core difference is, that dragons are for free now! This is the chance to go into the future together and see what it brings!"

    So yeah, it's literally just the same game with the cash shop exclusive dragons being no longer exclusive to the shop. 

    Pretty sure you can even use your old EU account and still have everything you had on DP. No idea if there are still just EU servers or if they've thrown Americans a bone. No info on the website or forums and I don't want to download the game to find out.

    Post edited by Stizzled on
    Torval
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 7,856
    edited December 6
    DMKano said:
    Mikeha said:


    Amazes me some of these asinine comments...if this game yielded no interest, why are there so many remarks? This was a decent MMO, with execrable marketing. Once again seen transparently as were in the nebulous murk over the details of this 'new' game / iteration...






    This is what they do here.

    This is the only site where the question " Do you even game bro? " actually applies.

    All they do is complain and never talk about the game they are actually playing.
    As for Savage Hunt I will give it a shot. The original was not a bad game at all.

    This site is no different than any 3rd party game forum site where 90%+ of comments are complaints.

    Heck most official game forums are worse, as personal attacks are allowed and the forums read like 4chan.

    So I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that  "this site" is the "only" site like this?

    Do you even forum bro?





    Name the forums that are no different. Lets see if you even game bro. 


    Just you responding to an open statement with no ones name attached to it shows that people really do see what they want to see. 


    What site is 90% complaint comments?   LOL




    Post edited by Mikeha on

  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 15,001
    Stizzled said:
    http://forum.savagehunt.gamigo.com/index.php?thread/52-is-this-the-self-same-game-as-dp/

    "Heyho,

    the core difference is, that dragons are for free now! This is the chance to go into the future together and see what it brings!"

    So yeah, it's literally just the same game with the cash shop exclusive dragons being no longer exclusive to the shop. 

    Pretty sure you can even use your old EU account and still have everything you had on DP. No idea if there are still just EU servers or if they've thrown Americans a bone. No info on the website or forums and I don't want to download the game to find out.

    That's a step in the right direction. I remember the combat being a bit floaty, but the skill chains were interesting. The dragon stuff was cool, but the monetization killed it for me. The game was expensive to fully play.

    I also remember something about full pvp zones later in the game and I didn't want to do that so I never checked it out again before SoE closed it.
    The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Avatar Artist: Howard Blake, Peter Auty (vocalist)
    Album: The Snowman
    Featured Tracks: Walking in the Air
  • SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News Manager The CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 26,030
    And here you go, folks: Have at it and let us know what you think!

    https://savagehunt.gamigo.com/
    Torval

    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 


  • HarikenHariken Brighton, MAMember RarePosts: 1,746
    It seems to be the same game with free dragons now. People are asking on the game forums whats changed and not one reply from a dev or CM.
    Mikeha
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 15,001
    Hariken said:
    It seems to be the same game with free dragons now. People are asking on the game forums whats changed and not one reply from a dev or CM.
    Stizzled posted a link above. It's the same engine with free dragons according to that post.
    The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Avatar Artist: Howard Blake, Peter Auty (vocalist)
    Album: The Snowman
    Featured Tracks: Walking in the Air
  • skulyskuly chicago, ILMember UncommonPosts: 138
    edited December 7

    Scorchien said:

    lol at Bucktooth Dragons ..



    Guy reminded me of the old Tubes song ...



    " We got a herd of Winnabagoes .. We are giving them away.. " or "How about a babys arm holding an apple"






    Reminded me of Cheech Marin in From Dusk Till Dawn...

    "*****, *****, *****!
    Come on in ***** lovers!
    Here at the ******** Twister we’re slashing ***** in half!
    Give us an offer on our vast selection of *****!
    This is a ***** blow out!
    Alright, we got white *****, black *****, spanish *****, yellow *****. We got hot *****, cold *****. We got wet *****. We got smelly *****. We got hairy *****, bloody *****. We got snapping *****. We got silk *****, velvet *****, naugahyde *****. We even got horse *****, dog *****, chicken *****.
    C'mon, you want *****, come on in ***** Lovers!
    If we don’t got it, you don't want it!
    Come on in ***** lovers!
    Attention ***** shoppers!
    Take advantage of our penny ***** sale!
    If you buy one piece of ***** at the regular price, you get another piece of ***** of equal or lesser value for only a penny!
    Try and beat ***** for a penny!
    If you can find cheaper ***** anywhere, **** it!"
    Post edited by skuly on


    Processor: Intel Core I5-2320
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM
    HDD: Samsung 830 256gb SSD-SATA3
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb

  • heromalheromal Greensboro, NCMember UncommonPosts: 8
    A couple of levels into the tutorial and there is already a broken quest that's impossible to finish. Not to mention the spawn rates for the other quests are horrendous with everyone trying to kill the same single mob.
  • yonpachiyonpachi SurabayaMember UncommonPosts: 73
    edited December 7
    Is the game playable now?Also where are the servers located
    Post edited by yonpachi on
  • IggiePuffIggiePuff Beckley, WVMember UncommonPosts: 140
    This is not a spiritual successor at all. It is Dragon's Prophet renamed is all. I downloaded it yesterday and everything I've seen so far is 100% the same just new name.
  • HarikenHariken Brighton, MAMember RarePosts: 1,746
    Feels like we got scammed with this one.
Sign In or Register to comment.