Free Trial for PC, PlayStation 4 & XBox One Begins November 28th - Destiny 2 Videos - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 15,001
    Talonsin said:
    1. Company reduces XP to get more people to by XP boosts

2. Story comes out and suddenly they say they no longer like that system

3. They change the system to no longer reduce your XP but they increase the XP needed to level

4. They get caught again! Playerbase leaves in droves so they offer a free trial to get more suckers in

Progression isn't really tied to xp the way you think. Progression is tied to doing events, strikes, challenges, and such by acquiring reputation tokens, engram drops, and weekly powerful engram activities. It's how you get your weapons and armour - the stuff that counts as progression.

XP is tied to your "level" which dinging past 20 gets you Bright Engrams which provide shaders (dyes), items skins (speeders, weapons, ships), occasionally a ghost, and that sort of thing. You can't buy XP pots directly with game cash so it wouldn't drive sales.

On top of that, if you played the game, you'd know that loot drops like candy and casual play will net you 2 - 3 Bright Engrams a week.

Now if you're one of those players that likes instant gratification and decking out your character in a week, then I can understand your frustration. I don't agree with that design trope, but I know some people like it. If you're not an instant gratification type, then I'm not sure what your gripe is.

They didn't get "caught" with anything. This isn't Star Citizen. They don't owe anyone transparency about anything and can adjust XP rates to suit the game, like every mmo ever has done. Gamers are so used to getting crowd funded reach-arounds that they forgot that AAA gaming is a different story.
    The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Avatar Artist: Howard Blake, Peter Auty (vocalist)
    Album: The Snowman
    Featured Tracks: Walking in the Air
  • Jamar870Jamar870 Gilbertsville, PAMember UncommonPosts: 169
    Well the free trial is up. 

ForgrimmTorval
  • LumicronLumicron LöningenMember UncommonPosts: 4
    can anyone enter the trial? i only can buy it...wtf?
  • LumicronLumicron LöningenMember UncommonPosts: 4

Jamar870 said:

nope, it isnt, i just spoke to blizzard, it is NOT live atm, perhaps later in the evening...
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Somewhere in TimeMember EpicPosts: 2,744
    Lumicron said:

Jamar870 said:

nope, it isnt, i just spoke to blizzard, it is NOT live atm, perhaps later in the evening...
    Trial button is live for me.
    Torval
  • GinazGinaz Calgary, ABMember RarePosts: 1,985
    I can almost smell the desperation from here.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 15,001
    edited November 28
    Ginaz said:
    I can almost smell the desperation from here.
    When a publisher offers a free trial they're desperate. When a publisher doesn't offer a free trial they're greedy bastards trying to hide a shitty game behind a scammy cash grab. Go figure.

Do gamers invent these hells for themselves so they can justify playing the victim card, or do they just like living in perpetual misery?
    Post edited by Torval on
    NarfianCryolitycal
    The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Avatar Artist: Howard Blake, Peter Auty (vocalist)
    Album: The Snowman
    Featured Tracks: Walking in the Air
  • AvanahAvanah Member UncommonPosts: 1,303
    edited November 29
    Downloading now...39GB. GL all. Edit: Uninstalled after 5 mins. As a player who does not use WASD I EXPECT good companies to cover all aspects of player range which most importantly are KEY BINDINGS. NumKeys could not be assigned. Game Killer for me. Moving on
    Post edited by Avanah on
    Cryolitycal

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

Currently Playing: Divinity: Original Sin 2

• skulyskuly chicago, ILMember UncommonPosts: 138
    edited December 1
    The first day I was able to login and play, I played about 10 minutes before goign to bed.

Since that day I have been unable too play... everyday it says "server is not available".

EDIT: I fixed it but I'm not 100% sure how. It might of been the network troubleshooter. I was playing with network settings and something I did broke my internet connection. websites weren't loading and I ran troubleshooter and it said DHCP was disabled. After that Destiny 2 magically started working so idk.
    Post edited by skuly on

Processor: Intel Core I5-2320
    Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM
    HDD: Samsung 830 256gb SSD-SATA3
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb