Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Release Date Set for January 26, 2018 - DarkFall: New Dawn Videos - MMORPG.com

Comments

• corpusccorpusc Member UncommonPosts: 1,341
    this is the team that could make all the original promises/concepts of Darkfall a reality.
    they are the complete opposite of Aventurine. in fact, if anything, they talk/respond to players TOO much. :)
    for people like me, that like to keep up with what devs say, i have to keep reading rewordings of things i already know,
    as they further explain their work and their game design philosophies to more and more people
    (in direct response to questions about the game). and they've been really listening and responding to
    community ideas.

they've fixed all of the huge flaws that made people leave the game, and a LOT of smaller ones.
    before starting to put a lot of attention to working on many new features (there are definitely some new things already tho).
    now, with the launch, they will be able to focus on extending/expanding the game a lot more. now that most of the
    unsexy fundamental reworkings have been done.

this is FAR from a simple repackaging.

P.S.
    i'd be remiss if i didn't specifically mention the huge grind of Darkfall being gone now.
    there's more to it than this, but i'll mention a couple specifics about it.
    you automatically receive new spells or subskills as you reach new skill levels.
    no need to work up the gold, or make trips back and forth to trainers/mages.
    and as you level up a school of magic, all the individual spells level up too, without having
    to specifically use each one of them and grind them all up individually.

YashaX

---------------------------

Corpus Callosum    

---------------------------

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Could someone briefly explain what's different compared to original Darkfall? I played DFO from launch till DFUW and would be interested to know if they have fixed the issues present at the time.
  • Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780
    all on their website, lazy

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751

Galadourn said:

Could someone briefly explain what's different compared to original Darkfall? I played DFO from launch till DFUW and would be interested to know if they have fixed the issues present at the time.

Streamlined progression
    Front loaded skills and attributes
    Meditation system expanded for continued offline skilling up
    Armour specializations and attribute reworks
    Pick and mix title system for custom playstyle specializations
    Reworked alignment system promoting racial warfare
    Mob spawns have leveling and scaling system and react to how many players there are
    Mount sprint system
    Bunny hopping now takes stamina and hp with death on empty
    No instant recall
    No longer bound to specific stone, on death choose between a couple of closest stones
    Local banking with regional loot
    Market places
    Territory control and expansion through watchtower placement

Probably plenty I have not included here but if you have anything specific just ask. Most of this is complete and in for launch, some is not quite 100% ready yet but will be ready for launch and others will be ongoing. There is plenty more on the long term roadmap to come after launch also not mentioned here.

YashaXGaladournMadFrenchie
  • RexKushmanRexKushman Member RarePosts: 639
    While the graphics look slightly improved, I could never stick with a game that looks so dated. Good luck to the devs though, hopefully they created something fans of the game will enjoy.

Orinori said:

Galadourn said:

Streamlined progression
    Mob spawns have leveling and scaling system and react to how many players there are
    Mount sprint system
    No instant recall
    No longer bound to specific stone, on death choose between a couple of closest stones
    Market places

Probably plenty I have not included here but if you have anything specific just ask. Most of this is complete and in for launch, some is not quite 100% ready yet but will be ready for launch and others will be ongoing. There is plenty more on the long term roadmap to come after launch also not mentioned here.

thanks for the info. Has a skill cap of sorts been implemented "forcing" people to choose between skills and related playstyles, or can a player eventually be an army by himself and do everything at 100% capacity? This was my biggest problem with DF at the time, and also a source of significant grinding downtime.

Galadourn said:

Orinori said:

Galadourn said:

Streamlined progression

Mount sprint system

No instant recall

Market places

thanks for the info. Has a skill cap of sorts been implemented "forcing" people to choose between skills and related playstyles, or can a player eventually be an army by himself and do everything at 100% capacity? This was my biggest problem with DF at the time, and also a source of significant grinding downtime.

You can specialize, so you can choose to be better in some areas over others, this is done through the armour and title system. You could if you wanted 'almost do it all' but not at 100% more like 80% for some stuff and other utility spells like wall of force may end up behind a utility title you don't choose and have no access to. hope that makes some sense, in a rush!
    GaladournMadFrenchieMrMelGibson
    thanks, it clears up a lot. Might give this a try again after so many years.
    OrinoriYashaX
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Looks freaking amazing fun.
    Will give it a try for sure!

..Cake..

• LordRiggsLordRiggs Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Ive played every version of DF and cant wait to see this one come to launch.

Good luck to them! Ill be there on launch day as well :)
    Macwar
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    t0nyd said:
    Why don't they just make a legit sequel instead of recreating the same game over and over again?
    Why make a sequel when you can sell people the same assets a dozen times. Pure profit at this point. I think Friday the 13th has met it's match. Fuck Jason we have dark fall iteration 9 rise of the new Dawn... Hey guys in this iteration we added localized banking, give us money...
    You do know that these are not the same developers as the original game right? Adventurine sold the game assets to 2 different companies. So how exactly is it pure profit at this point when neither one of the new dev houses made any money from it before?
  • LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    servers will be hosted in Paris. I'm not paying a monthly sub for the privilege of playing a FPS on another Continent. This cash grab will be dead before the free 2 month period is over.
    YashaXAlomar
  • RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Read the new changes - looks interesting. Did they do anything with conversion spells? I always felt they were my biggest deal breaker .. if removed would open the game up.
    Copperfield
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    Does this game have any pve? Dungeons?
  • SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Having played DFO on the NA server for its entire lifespan, DFUW for 3 months (it sucked) and RoA for 2 months...I can honestly say I will never play another version of this game...

The original was something new, it was a lot of fun even with the crazy grind...UW was just trash..it had better graphics but the gameplay was atrociously bad. RoA was DFO with less grind a New UI and not much else..and a ton of server issues on its release that caused the game to fade out within 3 months of its launch.

I honestly do not feel anything can be done to the original client to make this game have longevity...and the reasons are simple...its a FFA open world PVP game with full loot...and guess what at least 70% of the players on for launch will be veterans from DFO...meaning they will have a massive knowledge advantage and due to this will capp most of the cities before any new blood can figure it out, will win a majority of the pvp encounters and WILL loot everything before new blood can get better and in turn will force that new blood out of the game because of the unfair knowledge advantage players acquired from the previous versions.

Not to mention how Darkfall has always carried the most toxic community of any MMO I have ever player...

DFO will always ave great memories for me...back when 90% of the playerbase was all learning the game, discovering areas, learning pvp tactics etc....but now...its just too late...these devs need to let the fooking game DIE!! and create a new version on the same model..
    YashaXJamesGoblinMrMelGibsonMacwar
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I don't get it. Is this an expansion pack? Or it a totally new game?

Does it come with the SNES Classic Mini?
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268
    edited November 2017
    I've already bought the previous game, I aint gonna buy it again
    [Deleted User]JamesGoblinMacwar

Redemp said:

Read the new changes - looks interesting. Did they do anything with conversion spells? I always felt they were my biggest deal breaker .. if removed would open the game up.

Not for launch, but they have talked about possible alternatives like using a title that provides a HoT buff and things like that but they definitely do want other options for people who don't want to use magic for instance. However these options most likely won't be there for launch.

Thupli said:

Does this game have any pve? Dungeons?

Game is full of PvE, in fact a lot of people spend more time doing PvE than PvP! There are dungeons all over the world of Agon (something like 32 or more) all though they are not what most people are used to for a dungeon, they are more a place with condensed mob spawns and perhaps a chest that can be looted if you have the keys for it. There are plans to make improvements to these dungeons in the works but that will be later.
    Thupli

Salenger said:

Having played DFO on the NA server for its entire lifespan, DFUW for 3 months (it sucked) and RoA for 2 months...I can honestly say I will never play another version of this game...

The original was something new, it was a lot of fun even with the crazy grind...UW was just trash..it had better graphics but the gameplay was atrociously bad. RoA was DFO with less grind a New UI and not much else..and a ton of server issues on its release that caused the game to fade out within 3 months of its launch.

I honestly do not feel anything can be done to the original client to make this game have longevity...and the reasons are simple...its a FFA open world PVP game with full loot...and guess what at least 70% of the players on for launch will be veterans from DFO...meaning they will have a massive knowledge advantage and due to this will capp most of the cities before any new blood can figure it out, will win a majority of the pvp encounters and WILL loot everything before new blood can get better and in turn will force that new blood out of the game because of the unfair knowledge advantage players acquired from the previous versions.

Not to mention how Darkfall has always carried the most toxic community of any MMO I have ever player...

DFO will always ave great memories for me...back when 90% of the playerbase was all learning the game, discovering areas, learning pvp tactics etc....but now...its just too late...these devs need to let the fooking game DIE!! and create a new version on the same model..

Due to the reworks this will not play out much like you state. With local banking and no instant travel and hefty siege and upkeep costs for each consecutive holding you aquire (warfare is being pushed more to new territorial towers for daily pvp), zerg alliances are no longer really able to hold on to huge portions of land scattered all over the map, wars will be far more local, hamlets are far more available for guilds starting out and no longer just some empty portal accessory for some clan that does not need it.

The new stream lined progression for characters with front loaded abilities and armour also brings entry level much sooner for new players. New features like times blocking, titles and other new features are shaking up the old meta. Regional loot means a complete overhaul of loot tables.

Honestly this version is a well thought out and very professional take on the world of Agon, I would take all of those assumptions and previous knowledge you have acquired and toss them aside.

ThuplicorpuscMacwar
  • Saint_HerbieSaint_Herbie Member UncommonPosts: 5
    As someone who has never played the game before, but loves pvp would this be something I would enjoy?

As someone who has never played the game before, but loves pvp would this be something I would enjoy?

If you can handle full loot pvp Darkfall was one of the best pvp game to date period. Getting into the game often depends on your personality, if you not much of a lone wolf type then joining a guild early can greatly enhance your experience for PvP. Darkfall was always a harsh world for newcomers but with the new changes through these developers, it should be a far more pleasant experience and no longer looking over your shoulder absolutely terrified of every single person you might bump into while you get to grips with the game.
  • darknagualdarknagual Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Depends what type of pvp your talking about. In darkfall you have alot to lose but also alot to gain if you win. Its not like your generic pvp games where death is not a big deal
  • JunkieJoeJunkieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Saint_Herbie, yes you would

Yes, yes you would.
  • thyraventhyraven Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Looks more like it should had been released in 1998