Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Russian Version Teetering on the Brink of Destruction Says Community - Revelation News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageRussian Version Teetering on the Brink of Destruction Says Community - Revelation News

The Russian version of Revelation Online is teetering on the brink of destruction according to the community of players that have created an extensive post on the game's official site. The thread details a number of things that are lacking, or being completely ignored, in the Mail.ru-published title.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Not to sound insensitive but as I recall, this game has tons of red flags before launch. It was obvious to many commenters on this site that it was an unfinished product. I hope the community gets what it deserves.

MMORPG's Robin said, "Most of the time things are pretty much done by the time Open Beta rolls around and the devs are just polishing and making sure their infrastructure can handle everything. This is not the case for Revelation Online. Their Open Beta has been the roughest Open Beta I've seen in a long time. There are a lot of positive aspects of Revelation Online but everything is still in a rough state."

https://www.mmorpg.com/revelation-online/reviews/open-beta-review-its-rough-but-theres-potential-1000000472
    Every time Goonsquad/SA/DS post salt on Star Citizen, I spend more money on it. Every time a mentally disturbed former backer or Elite CMDR toxic emo comments, I spend more money on it. Every time they refuse to answer why they spend so much time arguing about a game they don't even like, I spend more money on it. Want to watch the world burn because you can't have your way? You got whats coming to you.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Its pretty sad. I'll be honest, I was actually looking forward to this game a lot when it was announced coming to the western market. Unfortunately, the cbt/obt did throw up a lot of red flags like 75% of the game not being translated by the third closed beta phase as well as some very important systems not even being explained at all in the game. There's a lot of complex systems in the game which make it quite engaging if you can find out about them but they are only useful past a certain level and so on, so unfortunately it was just something I could not end up supporting since it was so poorly handled.
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    edited November 2017
    All i recall about this game....SPACE SPACE SPACE ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I tried to play in beta but the untranslated dialogue and the poorly translated dialogue into English bothered me too much while I was playing.
  • GoatIYHGoatIYH Member CommonPosts: 1
    This game is actually very well designed in my opinion DMKano. It is just all designed to be behind a pay/wait wall. The gameplay itself is very enjoyable and all the systems in the game.

I played in the NA/EU run version for 9 months and it was absolutely appalling how My.Com (which is a subsidiary of Mail.RU) handled the game. It is almost dead now with two remaining servers, one of which has less than 500 players active everyday.

The same exact issues detailed in this Russian post are the ones experienced in NA/EU.
    S4TYR4
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    and half of the 500 players are bots :)