Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cooler Master MK750: A New Flagship is Born (GIVEAWAY) - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageCooler Master MK750: A New Flagship is Born (GIVEAWAY) - MMORPG.com

Cooler Master has long been one of the premier brands in the world of mechanical gaming keyboards. Over the years, they’ve developed a reputation for solid build quality, good looks, and unique features that feel great to engage with. At Computex this year, we got our first look at the what the company is calling their new flagship, the MasterKeys MK750. When a company as well respected as this dubs something the best of the best, it’s time to stand up and take notice. But does it deliver?

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• CazrielCazriel Member RarePosts: 419
    I'm pretty happy with my Corsair RGB mechanical K90. Programming it, however, is a complete pain. Still, I've had a Corsair for years. Because despite its unfriendly software, it has one thing I consider mandatory. Must have volume control on the keyboard. Must have mute on the keyboard. Because that's the thing I use the most. Yea, I have color displays and key highlights set up for all my favorite games, but when my spouse talks to me from the kitchen while I'm gaming, I need to be able to hit that mute, keep on gaming and say politely, "What was that?"

This is no small thing and its the reason I'll stick with Corsair.
  • BluefishBluefish Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Even in 2017, new LED keyboards, like this one, are showing lots of light bleed around each key. Only Logitech seem to have designed their keyboards to prevent this, and for this reason, I will still choose Logitech above the competitors.
  • LenoxLenox Member UncommonPosts: 100
    gotta love sponsored news... #sellouts ... noone cares this keyboard is maybe 7/10 ...

pros:
    1. great quality switches ...
    2. nice design
    3. aluminum frame
    4. nice cord...
    that is it :D

cons:
    1. price .. there are other much better keyboards in this price range
    2. no game specific profiles and only 4 can be stored.
    3. no usb pass through .. really?
    4. no macro editor
    5. light bleed is annoying

i am sure i can list more problems with it but let's get this right ... it's a keyboard.. you press the buttons and if you like it... you buy it.

personally i would rather go with corsair k95 (yes a bit more money) or even K70 rgp rapidfire or lux

• GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793

lenox said:

gotta love sponsored news... #sellouts ... noone cares this keyboard is maybe 7/10 ...

pros:

1. great quality switches ...

2. nice design

3. aluminum frame

4. nice cord...

that is it :D

cons:

1. price .. there are other much better keyboards in this price range

2. no game specific profiles and only 4 can be stored.

3. no usb pass through .. really?

4. no macro editor

5. light bleed is annoying

i am sure i can list more problems with it but let's get this right ... it's a keyboard.. you press the buttons and if you like it... you buy it.

personally i would rather go with corsair k95 (yes a bit more money) or even K70 rgp rapidfire or lux

Cooler Master came to me weeks after I had the keyboard and opinions already formed. They asked if we'd like to give a couple away to our readers. In your opinion, it's better to say no and not give people a chance to get one for free?

It goes without saying, but we will, we have never and will never run a "sponsored" review or accept any kind of editorial direction on the content of our reviews. It just does not happen here. Furthermore, anything financial is kept entirely separate from the editorial arm of MMORPG.

As the guy who directs our hardware content, it's my job to connect with any and every company we might be able to forge a review/coverage relationship with. Not once has there ever even been the insinuation that we should change something or "had better offer a positive review!1!1!". Maybe other places, but not here.

To address your cons:

1. There are lots of mechanical keyboards period these days. So much so that it can very much be a matter of personal taste in virtually every price range. I've reviewed dozens of them and know this for a fact.

2. There are no pre-loaded game profiles. This is true. Personally, I don't mind because I always customize these anyway. If your decision to buy a keyboard is based on pre-loaded keysets, then yes, this isn't the one for you (yet - they could come in a software update). You can store four profiles on board and take them with you anywhere. This really isn't bad. Actually, it's pretty good. Lots lock you to software or limit you to 2-3.

3. There is a macro editor. It's in the software. You can also record new macros and bind them to any key without every opening said software.

4. Light bleed isn't a con. It's how this style of keyboard (floating key) is designed and it's intentional.

Please try to be a little more courteous. There is no need to attack the people bringing you free content and the chance to win one for yourself. If you don't like something, move on.
  • LenoxLenox Member UncommonPosts: 100

In your opinion, it's better to say no and not give people a chance to get one for free?

Since you are the person in charge... it's for you to decide if there is or there is not any conflict of interest. To me it will always look wrong to see the review of the item and the giveaway of more than one item that was reviewed. I get it when it the item that was reviewed but when it's more than one... Again, that is why you get paid the "big bucks". :D

It goes without saying, but we will, we have never and will never run a "sponsored" review or accept any kind of editorial direction on the content of our reviews. It just does not happen here. Furthermore, anything financial is kept entirely separate from the editorial arm of MMORPG.

I might be wrong, but I had seen "sponsored" reviews on this website many times throughout the years. So, please do not say NEVER.

As the guy who directs our hardware content, it's my job to connect with any and every company we might be able to forge a review/coverage relationship with. Not once has there ever even been the insinuation that we should change something or "had better offer a positive review!1!1!". Maybe other places, but not here.

I had read a ton of your reviews/posts and you are obviously a smart person. Let me ask you this. If you have a working relationship with a company and you give them a bad review based on whatever reason. I guarantee that you will not have working relationship with that company anymore. That is the reality of things.

Please try to be a little more courteous. There is no need to attack the people bringing you free content and the chance to win one for yourself. If you don't like something, move on.

I don't think i was overaggressive. If i came across as such, I apologize about it; however, how is this news is important enough to be placed on the front slider? This keyboard is not anything new or innovative. It's on par with competition, but that is it. I did not learn anything new about coolermaster except for fact that they want to diversify in other directions besides cooling. If you want to give away a few of them, its great... Congrats to all the winners and i wish them enjoyment with this keyboard for years to come.

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    I can't believe how little keyboards have changed and yet their prices are just getting higher and higher.
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    160 $ is simply too much money for a keyboard. Extra features or not in the end you are just using it to press some keys. There is no rocket science in there.