Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Massive PvP Airborne Battles in New Gameplay Video from G-Star - Ascent: Infinite Realm Videos - MMO

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageMassive PvP Airborne Battles in New Gameplay Video from G-Star - Ascent: Infinite Realm Videos - MMORPG.com

Bluehole gave the go-ahead to a G-Star streamer to capture and publish some gameplay footage from Ascent: Infinite Realm, or A:IR. It shows a party of players aboard a ship, later taking to the skies for fierce PvP action, dropping bombs, ground battle and much more. It certainly looks like a game well underway development-wise.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    I'm guessing its not in English yet?
    speedylegs8

imageimage

• JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    What a mess! Can't see anything. A gun fight and that dude is rocking a shield and hammer
    Alomarspeedylegs8infomatz
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Looks like horrible mess.
    AlomarPingu2012

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    edited November 2017
    I reckon it looks pretty good. UI is a bit too busy but that's typical of eastern MMOs. It's no more of a mess than.. say.. GW2 WvW.
    speedylegs8
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    The game-play doesn't look amazing I already saw similar game play in a game called Black Gold online, and there are better space-ship games out there such as Fractured Space, which has a better UI and the combat looks a lot better. This game might bring a few changes to upcoming games that would replace it but even the graphics did not look HD, or even as good as games like BDO, or even Fractured Space for that matter.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    The world looks interesting, kind of has an Iron Kingdoms vibe to it.
    ConstantineMerus
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Too many particle effects. It's not a young/old issue either. Between that and the UI. No thanks.

People take turns running down a choke point and getting mowed down? Events on a timer? Yawn.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Going to have to agree with the majority of comments, looks like a mess. Was looking forward to the project announcement but not so sure now.
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    this try of raising hype is really tiresome, if the thing was at least awesome looking, with is not, well what you can expect
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

this try of raising hype is really tiresome, if the thing was at least awesome looking, with is not, well what you can expect

..what?
    speedylegs8

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• mapita62mapita62 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    This looks alot like aion. Abyss fort raids, flying in as a group fight in small corridors. Trying to win in the main area.
    Leiloni

the hunter has return to hunt again

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Day 1
  • ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    I'm not a fan of this slow af "spaceship" gameplay, i hope it is optional, i feel like it is a mix between gw2 and archeage
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    Already look more old than new, and will look even older if/when released here in 2 years or so.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    edited November 2017
    IceAge said:

..what?
    I speak Autocorrect + Google Translate. Lemme try:

"This game which was supposed to be hype looks boring, if it was at least awesome looking (which it is not) how can you expect people to believe the hype?"

I'm learning Mumble Rap and Scream Metal as well. Those are difficult AF.
    LeiloniPhryIceAgeSAPninjainfomatz
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    The ship battle struck my ptsd because it reminded me of the awful vehicle fights that existed in wotlk. The hallway map looked extremely unfun.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • TacticalZombehTacticalZombeh Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Ugh what a mess. While it looks like they were going for a Dreadnought/Fractured Space feel, they left out the sense of weight and momentum of these types of vessels. Just having the ship move slow isn't enough if the changes in direction and speed are instantaneous.
    The bumpercar battles only made it worse. No weight, no sense of impact.
    And what others already mentioned about the intrusive UI and over-reliance on particle effects didn't help either.
    Meh.
  • DvoraDvora Member UncommonPosts: 499
    garbage is what happens when you throw a bit of everything you can think of into the pot.