Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowfall - The Good, the Bad, the Obvious: A November Crowfall Week - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageCrowfall - The Good, the Bad, the Obvious: A November Crowfall Week - MMORPG.com

It can’t be all good news all the time in the mire of MMO development. Crowfall is no different, especially given its crowdfunding roots. Yesterday, J. Todd Coleman and Gordon Walton announced to no one’s surprise that Crowfall would not release on their sort-of deadline at the end of this year. They instead moved that date back another year, hoping for a “soft launch” in 2018.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

JamesGoblin

Comments

• unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    Still looking forward to it. Just talking to my buddy working on the art end of things about how things are going and his genuine excite for the project helps.
    JamesGoblinSlapshot1188

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• iFruitiFruit Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Est. delivery: Dec. 2016. Says so in my KS :mad:
    JamesGoblinRelampago
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited November 2017
    If it helps them make a great game im willing to wait another year, I would hate to see another sandbox game fail like the one that was released earlier this year with so many failures in one, but I would like to see Crow Fall make sandbox a great genere like they used to be back when Dark Fall was popular.
    JamesGoblinConstantineMerus
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    When you suck at the planning part, it is bound to have an impact on the production timing :/
  • clocknaneclocknane Member UncommonPosts: 3
    This game won't be released ion 2018 either. By the time it is released, people will have forgotten all about it just like I have, and I spent pledge money on it. One of the worst purchases I have made. Yep, I was duped, and so were all of you too.
    Mikeha
  • francis_baudfrancis_baud Member RarePosts: 479
    5.3 combat looks pretty fun. Graphics are great too

JamesGoblin
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    This is a wait and see for me. I'll decide right before launch probably after the game is more complete.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• kbarrilleakbarrillea Member CommonPosts: 6
    Like I tell the business reps I encounter in my job when I ask them a research question - take your time, I'd rather you get it right the first time.
  • paulythebpaulytheb Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Indie Video Game delivery date pushed back?
    MMO delivery date pushed back??

I am SHOCKED!
    SHOCKED I say!!

(When this game launches/no more data wipes, I will give them my money. Not one minute before.)
    JamesGoblin

( Note to self-Don't say anything bad about Drizzt.)

An acerbic sense of humor is NOT allowed here.

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    clocknane said:
    This game won't be released ion 2018 either. By the time it is released, people will have forgotten all about it just like I have, and I spent pledge money on it. One of the worst purchases I have made. Yep, I was duped, and so were all of you too.
    Wtf? Its the most playable Alpha ever, I have never been in an Alpha test with this much gameplay and polish. Are they going as fast as promised? No. Are they still going at breakneck pace especially compared to other MMO companies? Hell yes.

Of all the indie MMORPGs being developed this is currently your safest bet. You weren't duped, you were uneducated about what you were buying. Easier to blame the game I guess, although there is no NDA and its the most transparent game in development out there...

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    JamesGoblin
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I dislike Fog of war. Do it like other games, just for unexplored maps, no resets. It's a needless pain.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey