Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Earth 3 Episode Deployed & Superman Gets a Facelift! Huzzah! - DC Universe Online - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited November 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imageEarth 3 Episode Deployed & Superman Gets a Facelift! Huzzah! - DC Universe Online - MMORPG.com

DC Universe Online News - The DC Universe Online site has great news for all players with the arrival of the Earth 3 Episode. In this new episode, players will have to work both sides of the aisle with Justice League and Lex Luthor to combat a new threat to Earth. There are new missions "in an open world environment" as well as a new Duo (and an Elite version), a new Operation and two new Raids.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    I'm not sure why this game isn't more popular, it has a ton of content, good stories, decent graphics, AMAZING character customization, lots of grouping. I'm enjoying it and it really filled that void...looking forward to checking out this update.
  • Shane250Shane250 Member UncommonPosts: 11

kchisarik said:

I'm not sure why this game isn't more popular, it has a ton of content, good stories, decent graphics, AMAZING character customization, lots of grouping. I'm enjoying it and it really filled that void...looking forward to checking out this update.

because its an endless grind behind a subscription for a supposed free to play game.
    Po_gg
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    As a PC player I liked the game but hated the controls.  It was obvious at the time it was made for consoles and imported to PC as almost an afterthought.  That was back in its first year so things might have changed.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220

Shane250 said:

kchisarik said:

because its an endless grind behind a subscription for a supposed free to play game.

I have played for 30+ hours and not payed a dime yet... dunno
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166

kchisarik said:

Shane250 said:

kchisarik said:

The f2p mode is pretty limited when trying to advance after level 30.
  • SaltyDog79SaltyDog79 Member UncommonPosts: 119

Talonsin said:

As a PC player I liked the game but hated the controls.  It was obvious at the time it was made for consoles and imported to PC as almost an afterthought.  That was back in its first year so things might have changed.

Actually it was originally intended as a PC game, but during the development they decided to make it cross-platform. So the controls and UI were changed to be "console friendly".

They eventually fixed the UI a bit but the controls are still pretty awkward imo.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    It was a console import and the pvp was broken and unbalanced. The devs told the players the devs knew better and fought with players openly on the forums. It was the pvp that drove away allot of people when it launched.

Enjoyed the pve.
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    No more Adam Baldwin voice either? At least in new content it isn't.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    kchisarik said:

Shane250 said:

kchisarik said:

What Shane said. 30 hours... just wait till you get to the real CR grind, and the point where you need to purchase packs :wink:  or when your money cap will hinder you.
    (and on a sidenote, the char. building is just fine, if you want "AMAZING character customization" check CO)

saltyd said:
    Actually it was originally intended as a PC game, but during the development they decided to make it cross-platform. So the controls and UI were changed to be "console friendly".

They eventually fixed the UI a bit but the controls are still pretty awkward imo.
    Nope, it was built from the start for the PS3. Sony planned it as one of the selling titles of the console. Never had a control and UI change during development, especially not in favor of "console friendly"... on the contrary, the beta had even worse layout on the PC. Players begged for months for at least a better chat window, and some movement changes because everything was designed with a controller in mind. I think there was even a -quite ignorant- answer at the start, that "don't get what's the issue, just attach a frikkin controller to your precious PC and problem solved".

On topic, it is a nice gesture that they added the content (even if only temporarily) to the players below 200ish CR. If I'll have some time on the weekend I plan to give it a whirl.
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    I played the event duo and first 4 player event raid and thought this was well done. Hoping maybe visuals will get some updates now with PS3 out of the mix.