Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh look death threats these are the people you guys defend?

XxxusernametakenxxxXxxusernametakenxxx Member UncommonPosts: 127
edited November 2017 in General Gaming
So I get it personal attacks, harrassment and bullying are allowed on this site.  It's makes sense why SOME (CLEARLY PEOPLE MISSED THIS WORD SO I PUT IN CAPS FOR YOU) on here are so fast to defend those I called out on Reddit the ones making death threats over a video game. 

Clearly I'm on the right side you guys enjoy supporting the death threats , personal attacks, bullying and harrassment of those who disagree with you and the Developers who make video games.  

Post edited by Xxxusernametakenxxx on
RosenborgJeleenaAvarixSlapshot1188KyleranBattleSaintByrgenarHofenGhavriggXarkoHuntrezzand 5 others.

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    No one is supporting how far some stupid people take things but just because someone says something ridiculous and extreme doesn't mean everyone else changes their opinion. You also need to consider that this is just keyboard talk and much of what people say shouldn't be taken literally; sometimes it's just a way to express sentiment.

But, to be honest, you're not entirely innocent of this behaviour yourself. You've generalised whole groups of people as "idiots" and things like that and attempted to goad others by insinuating they are "crying". That's certainly a personal attack.

Don't be a hypocrite.
    KyleranBattleSaintcheyanemystik13Panther2103ByrgenarHofenSaxx0nAsm0deusShodanasIselinand 4 others.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited November 2017
    So I get it personal attacks, harrassment and bullying are allowed on this site.  It's makes sense why some on here are so fast to defend those I called out on Reddit the ones making death threats over a video game. 

Clearly I'm on the right side you guys enjoy supporting the death threats , personal attacks, bullying and harrassment of those who disagrees with you and the Developers who make video games.  

Surperb use of hyperbole, both in the title and body of your post. Personal attacks, harassment and bullying are not permitted on this site. Report any posts you feel do so and the mods here will deal with it.

We've had a lot of extreme posters here, but I don't think I've ever seen someone openly support death threats against any game developer.

If someone had, I would have personally attacked...er, um, reported them I mean.  ;)

immodiumConstantineMerusAvarixBattleSaintByrgenarHofenScotchUpDistopia

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Don't worry mate, 12 years olds had rarely killed anyone. 
    KyleranSaxx0nTinkerBellCommando
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • XxxusernametakenxxxXxxusernametakenxxx Member UncommonPosts: 127
    No one is supporting how far some stupid people take things but just because someone says something ridiculous and extreme doesn't mean everyone else changes their opinion. You also need to consider that this is just keyboard talk and much of what people say shouldn't be taken literally; sometimes it's just a way to express sentiment.

But, to be honest, you're not entirely innocent of this behaviour yourself. You've generalised whole groups of people as "idiots" and things like that and attempted to goad others by insinuating they are "crying". That's certainly a personal attack.

Don't be a hypocrite.
    Some on Reddit yes I did but this is somewhat a pretty generally accepted not just with video game forums with reddit overall.  And these death threats and personal attacks actually prove again my comments about some of them on Reddit were accurate.  So no I'm not a hypocrite.

Now I did say some on here.  When a group of posters band together to harraass, bully and attack another poster it's not too far of a stretch to conclude they condone the personal attacks, harassment, bullying and death threats against the Developers.  
    Slapshot1188IselinMadFrenchieStjerneodd
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
     I think you are well aware (but are using this to advance your own agenda) that the people making threats do not make the issue they supported wrong. You're merely trying to use this bad behaviour to paint the whole community or cause they support wrong. 

I didn't see any bullying but you did post very nastily on the threads and the posters here rightfully responded. What they should have done was ignored you completely but that is hard to do with so many individuals. The best way to treat a person who deliberately tries to insult and write in an obnoxious manner that skirts the rules is to completely leave their post unanswered as this one should have. 

I felt though that your justification to use the threats made by some individuals as an example of the behaviour of the whole community who are merely raising an issue an attempt by you to throw the discourse into another direction should however not go unanswered.
    JeleenaByrgenarHofenIselinMadFrenchie
    Chamber of Chains
    Don't worry mate, 12 years olds had rarely killed anyone. 
    Particularly not game developers.

;)
    ConstantineMerusTinkerBellCommando

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AvarixAvarix Member RarePosts: 665
    You need to take it down a notch, or four. I haven't seen anyone supporting this behavior. Some people on this site disagree with you about Star Wars Battlefront 2. That's all. It's not all that serious. Is this your first week on the internet?

Allowing the actions of a few to determine your view of the whole is ridiculous.
    ByrgenarHofenMadFrenchieKyleranDakeru
    cheyane said:
     I think you are well aware (but are using this to advance your own agenda) that the people making threats do not make the issue they supported wrong. You're merely trying to use this bad behaviour to paint the whole community or cause they support wrong. 

I didn't see any bullying but you did post very nastily on the threads and the posters here rightfully responded. What they should have done was ignored you completely but that is hard to do with so many individuals. The best way to treat a person who deliberately tries to insult and write in an obnoxious manner that skirts the rules is to completely leave their post unanswered as this one should have. 

I felt though that your justification to use the threats made by some individuals as an example of the behaviour of the whole community who are merely raising an issue an attempt by you to throw the discourse into another direction should however not go unanswered.
    You should read the first paragraph again.  I didn't say this entire community I said "some".  I understand some of you will defend them no matter what and that's fine.  

Don't be a hypocrite.
    Some on Reddit yes I did but this is somewhat a pretty generally accepted not just with video game forums with reddit overall.  And these death threats and personal attacks actually prove again my comments about some of them on Reddit were accurate.  So no I'm not a hypocrite.

Now I did say some on here.  When a group of posters band together to harraass, bully and attack another poster it's not too far of a stretch to conclude they condone the personal attacks, harassment, bullying and death threats against the Developers.  
    No, that is a really big stretch actually, especially when the validity of your first claim is questionable.

ConstantineMerusByrgenarHofenIselinMadFrenchie

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    edited November 2017
    Avarix said:
    You need to take it down a notch, or four. I haven't seen anyone supporting this behavior. Some people on this site disagree with you about Star Wars Battlefront 2. That's all. It's not all that serious. Is this your first week on the internet?

Allowing the actions of a few to determine your view of the whole is ridiculous.
    He knows this.   It's just easier to try and create new drama than admit his utter failure in the face of a community successfully forcing EA to dramatically scale back their plans.

But yeah it should be self evident that anyone who threatens violence over a video game has something wrong with them and needs help.
    AvarixByrgenarHofenMadFrenchieKyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

So what was the point of this thread if you knew that it does not reflect the whole ?

Are you trying to use guilty by association as a base for your aspersion against the community here ?
    ConstantineMerusByrgenarHofen
    Chamber of Chains
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Who's defending them?

Avarix said:

He knows this.   It's just easier to try and create new drama than admit his utter failure in the face of a community successfully forcing EA to dramatically scale back their plans.
    Nope everything I said is still 100% true.  Loot boxes still there, they will still sell millions, and there will be no gaming crash.  That's what I said . 

So reducing the price of an in-game item is now considered "dramatically scale back their plans".  
    Please stop wtf is posts because they give him points and some form of validation that this type of posting is getting the reaction he wants. This is rewarding these types of posters and I hate the point system in this site to be used in this manner.
    Chamber of Chains
    Avarix said:

Nope everything I said is still 100% true.  Loot boxes still there, they will still sell millions, and there will be no gaming crash.  That's what I said . 

So reducing the price of an in-game item is now considered "dramatically scale back their plans".  
    No actually you said the protest was useless and just a bunch of "idiots".  Well those "idiots" created some positive change... yes 75% reduction is dramatic.
    ByrgenarHofen

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    cheyane said:
    Please stop wtf is posts because they give him points and some form of validation that this type of posting is getting the reaction he wants. This is rewarding these types of posters and I hate the point system in this site to be used in this manner.
    Do people really pay attention to the points system? They shouldn't, it's meaningless.
    AllerleirauhKyleran
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    cheyane said:
    So what was the point of this thread if you knew that it does not reflect the whole ?

Are you trying to use guilty by association as a base for your aspersion against the community here ?
    I was bringing to attention the behavior and actions that are unacceptable.  Do you not think its news worthy that Developers are receiving death threats?  Is there a screening process I am supposed to follow prior to posting?  Is there a list of these 10,000+post posters I'm supposed to send a rough draft to before I post?  If you don't like the thread take your first post advice and don't reply.  
  • k61977k61977 Member EpicPosts: 1,503
    Didn't read a single response from a single person that bullied anyone on that post myself.  You made comments that were demeaning in the original post which people responded to.  I mean you basically called forum posters idiots from the get go.  You claimed that the forums were toxic but you yourself made more toxic post than almost anyone else on that thread.  And here you are again trying to make a toxic thread from the get go.  

Not a single person in the other thread in no way or form showed support for the mentally unstable  people that make threats over a video game either. 

I hope the mods close this thread as you are just being toxic again yourself.

By the way if you are going to say people did something in a thread you should link that thread to.  Here it is for others to read.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/469584/ea-wins-dubious-honor-as-most-downvoted-reddit-post-ever-for-star-wars-battlefront-2-mmorpg-com/p1

Avarix said:

No actually you said the protest was useless and just a bunch of "idiots".  Well those "idiots" created some positive change... yes 75% reduction is dramatic.
    Yes I specifically said it was uesless in regards to loot boxes, sales, and creating a gaming crash.  2 out of 3 are 100% accurate the third will have to wait to decide.  

And yes the ones making personal attacks , harrassment and death threats on Reddit are idiots.  Do you not agree with that? 
    edited November 2017
    You were absolutely not bringing attention to the bad behaviour. What you did was associate the people making those threats to the members of this community who did not support your view.

Just because you use the word 'some' does not change the fact that you accused members of this community as people who support death threats against developers.

AvarixByrgenarHofenk61977IselinStjerneoddDakeru
    Chamber of Chains
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    cheyane said:

I was bringing to attention the behavior and actions that are unacceptable.  Do you not think its news worthy that Developers are receiving death threats?  Is there a screening process I am supposed to follow prior to posting?  Is there a list of these 10,000+post posters I'm supposed to send a rough draft to before I post?  If you don't like the thread take your first post advice and don't reply.  

By chance are you working on a master's or phd from your parents home ?
    Slapshot1188Dakeru
    " Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
    cheyane said:
    Oh look a bully.  And people are saying nobody bullies on this site. 
    GhavriggTheScavengerKyleranDakeru
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    cheyane said:

No. In your OP you claimed this site supported bullying and harassment. You linked two articles and I couldn't find a mention of MMORPG.com in either.
    Slapshot1188ByrgenarHofenk61977

Xxxusernametakenxxx said:

Is there a screening process I am supposed to follow prior to posting?  Is there a list of these 10,000+post posters I'm supposed to send a rough draft to before I post?  If you don't like the thread take your first post advice and don't reply.  
    Yes, it should have been received in your welcome package.  Please send all drafts to [email protected]

If you do not get a response please assume the content was deemed un-post worthy and do not post it.  This should greatly help you going forward!

AvarixByrgenarHofenMadFrenchieStjerneoddKyleran

edited November 2017
    Please explain how exactly I am bullying you by saying that giving you points on this forum encourages you. How's that even remotely bullying? /smh

I am offended that you have accused people on this site as supporting violence against developers. I want you to name the 'some' you referred to in your original post. 
    ByrgenarHofenStjerneodd
    Chamber of Chains
This discussion has been closed.