Star Wars: Battlefront II Review – This is the Star Wars Game You’ve Been Looking For - Not So MMO -

12346»

Comments

  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne UKMember RarePosts: 3,521
    edited November 18
    I'm waiting to see what they come back with once micro transactions are enabled again before deciding whether or not I should buy it. I definitely wasn't going to buy it before.

    No more debates or opinions, the ball is in EA's court now and the whole online gaming community is watching. It's pointless talking about it and reviewing it now until we see what's next but I think if you haven't bought it yet, you should wait.
    I'm just not bothering to buy the game at all. Most people seem to have been annoyed by the pay to win element of the game. Its the progression system itself that they built the game around to entice players towards the cash shop that ruins it for me. Even if the microtransactions never return that system is still going to be in place making the game feel like more of a grind and less entertaining than it could be.
    It's the same for me tbh. I hate the Star Card system. They may fix it though, they may not. If there were other ways to earn Star Cards, even if 1-3 cards are just given out randomly at the end of each match, I'd consider that a positive change. More than that needs to change though.

    I do think, though, that if they do a 180 and fix this whole mess then they should be rewarded for it. If they don't see a return for fixing the problem, then pleasing the community isn't worth it for them. It's like training a dog, positive reinforcement.
    Post edited by TheDarkrayne on
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • OldKingLogOldKingLog Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Iselin said:
    I'm waiting to see what they come back with once micro transactions are enabled again before deciding whether or not I should buy it. I definitely wasn't going to buy it before.

    No more debates or opinions, the ball is in EA's court now and the whole online gaming community is watching. It's pointless talking about it and reviewing it now until we see what's next but I think if you haven't bought it yet, you should wait.
    I'm just not bothering to buy the game at all. Most people seem to have been annoyed by the pay to win element of the game. Its the progression system itself that they built the game around to entice players towards the cash shop that ruins it for me. Even if the microtransactions never return that system is still going to be in place making the game feel like more of a grind and less entertaining than it could be.
    If they go to cosmetic loot boxes, there would no longer be a need to make the progression super grindy to drive players to the shop.

    There's an article at Venturebeat that talks about how at one point in development cosmetic loot boxes was what they were planning. 

    So there is a way to fix it if they really want to do it. 
    Well yes if they had gone with a loot box system similar to something like the one in Overwatch I doubt anyone would have made a peep. And I'm confident they would have made themselves a tidy sum of money in the process. Since they didn't though they've made such a bad first impression and fostered so much ill will that I doubt many of the people now disenchanted with the game will bother with it no matter what they do in the future.

    Still its a game with Star Wars on it. They're going to make large sales regardless even after the internet meltdown. The sad part is though that if they hadn't gone with the moronic cash shop system they did in an attempt to push profits, they would have actually made a heck of a lot more money than they will now. I'm hoping that the people who thought up the BF2 loot box system will soon be looking for a new job.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHMember RarePosts: 8,740
    Just recommending this game counts you are a complete hypocrite.

    The microtransactions alone make it unplayable, especially since it would take close to 40,000 hours to unlock everything.

    Recommending this game makes you an industry shill.
    RexKushman
  • GisrieGisrie Silverdale, WAMember UncommonPosts: 104
    Ozmodan said:
    Just recommending this game counts you are a complete hypocrite.

    The microtransactions alone make it unplayable, especially since it would take close to 40,000 hours to unlock everything.

    Recommending this game makes you an industry shill.
    except that now everything has changed. the time it takes to unlock everything has been lowered dramatically and microtransactions are turned off until further notice.

    im actually considering getting it now.
  • RexKushmanRexKushman lake como, NJMember RarePosts: 404
    Gisrie said:
    Ozmodan said:
    Just recommending this game counts you are a complete hypocrite.

    The microtransactions alone make it unplayable, especially since it would take close to 40,000 hours to unlock everything.

    Recommending this game makes you an industry shill.
    except that now everything has changed. the time it takes to unlock everything has been lowered dramatically and microtransactions are turned off until further notice.

    im actually considering getting it now.
    Get it if you're interested in it, the drama around it is way overblown IMO. I've been playing it since Tuesday and really enjoy it. I haven't felt the need to buy any crates as you'll earn plenty of them for free anyway. The P2W lie has snowballed into epic proportions, it simply isn't a P2W game. You can't get epic cards from boxes and even if you have enough crafting parts to upgrade your cards you need to meet the level requirements to do so. I've never felt at a disadvantage while playing and as a class based shooter if you play smart the cards won't make much of a difference anyway. Flank a sniper and you're most likely going to kill him regardless of his cards. Run into a heavy with his shield up in a tight corridor... you guessed it... you're most likely dead regardless of your cards. It's rock, paper, scissors class design dictates situations like that much more so than what cards you have.

    But as i have said previously, I'm in the minority on this one. The herd has turned it's ire on it and all you'll hear is negativity about the game from most people (who most likely haven't even bothered to try it for themselves).

Sign In or Register to comment.