Will A:IR Reignite AAA MMORPG Development? - Bill Murphy - MMORPG.com

Comments

• LimnicLimnic Member UncommonPosts: 117

Game doesn’t look good. Just a bunch of flashy stuff in a trailer like Destiny but no soul, substance or fun.

So, like Destiny.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus LondonMember RarePosts: 1,283
    Thank goodness, finally a gender locked game. I am definitely looking forward to play this one. 
    It's really sad that all these MMORPGs have, at best, binary gender choices. I want a slider!
    This is awesome, but I think you'd need a Thai dev for that one to work! ;)
    MadFrenchie
    Have you ever noticed that their stuff is shit and your shit is stuff?
  • MoiraeMoirae New Orleans, LAMember RarePosts: 3,233
    I'll believe it when I see it. Lately game companies make all kinds of claims then the game doesn't resemble anything they said it would after it's released. 
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Nashville, TNMember EpicPosts: 2,799
    edited November 12
    Thank goodness, finally a gender locked game. I am definitely looking forward to play this one. 
    It's really sad that all these MMORPGs have, at best, binary gender choices. I want a slider!
    Okay, so new game plan: how do we ignite Thai MMORPG development????   :D
    Post edited by MadFrenchie on
    Torval

You pitch your gender-slider plan. Thailand is investing a lot on IT, many companies are moving there. There wouldn't be long till we start seeing Thai games. now is the time brother. Go for it! :grimace:
    TorvalMadFrenchieMrMelGibson
  • SirBalinSirBalin Joppa, MDMember UncommonPosts: 1,288
    For me I see a company in Enmasse that sold a game all about a vanarach system that involved amazing pvp. The pvpers loved it, the pvers didn't mind it, but some pvpers exploited the system. We as pvpers made complaints and instead of them fixing it, they scrapped the entire pvp system they sold us on for years and totally changed the concept of the game. Then I see a publisher in Kakou that had a great game for pvers and pvpers and no one was complaining about the pvp or pve systems, then they brought in the stream crowd and instantly destroyed our pvp because that was their new money. With that said, the game looks great, but I don't trust either of these companies. Both companies in Tera/BDO have had major issues with lag and desync, just don't trust them at all. The game does still look good, but idk..if they have a solid enough pvp system and have limited to no channels, make pve and pvp servers and sell me on that, I may give it a shot.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• genaknoscgenaknosc Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Is it that difficult to post a link to the trailer the article mentions? (am I not seeing it somewhere in this article, scanned it 5 times and see no links whatsoever) Did you have an announcement post here as well for it? Why not link to that? Content marketing 101
  • OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member UncommonPosts: 948
    ROFL Just finally watched the trailer. Guess Bluehole figures it's been long enough since they ripped off Lineage, so they wanna see if Square-Enix is paying attention now. Only thing missing was chocobos.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Beaumont, CAMember UncommonPosts: 2,007

might as well get on the freak chain in video games
  • RateroRatero Tallassee, ALMember UncommonPosts: 392
    They lost me soon as it was mentioned that it was an Asian MMO. I don't like the Asian grind, oversized weapons, male characters that look like they are professional crossdressers, cash shop, progression locks that must be unlocked by PvP or cash and the overly "cutesy" air hovering over the entire game.

I liked the steam-punk vibe but that is about it.

Ratero said:
    They lost me soon as it was mentioned that it was an Asian MMO. I don't like the Asian grind, oversized weapons, male characters that look like they are professional crossdressers, cash shop, progression locks that must be unlocked by PvP or cash and the overly "cutesy" air hovering over the entire game.

"I don't like the Asian oversized weapons!"

Meanwhile in the west...

os-1.jpg 118.2K
    iixviiiixKyleranMadFrenchieblueturtle13Leiloni
  • dinogndinogn GennevilliersMember UncommonPosts: 1

LrdEtrius said:

Nope. I jumped out of the hype boat as soon as i noticed the gender lock. If they can't even have this basic thing in character management i don't wanna know the rest.

There is no gender lock lol
  • OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHMember RarePosts: 8,722
    Why in the heck would you use Unreal 3 to make a new game today?  I have yet to play a good Korean MMO, I have great doubts this will be any better than the rest.
  • WarlyxWarlyx UnknowMember RarePosts: 2,381
    edited November 13
    it looks awesome , however im afraid is gonna be like AA , or BDO.

too much focus on airship battles and whatnot , ppl are cool with that at the beginning but later on every1 prefer to play the class they choosed instead of a ship/robot/ with 2 skills.
    Post edited by Warlyx on
  • kjempffkjempff Member RarePosts: 1,298
    Nothing out of asia will reignite mmorpg development. At least I have seen no indicators of a change from that shallow flashy style of games, and this one continues on that path.. A bucket full of gimmicks with no substance if I ever saw one.
  • EldrachEldrach SandefjordMember UncommonPosts: 52
    Looks just like all the other asia mmo's...Asians trying to make "western like" characters..only they look like blonde asians..and all the ladies running around with steel bikinis with a voice sounding like they're in pain. There haven't been a truly good mmorpg from the east ever, and this does not look like it will change that at all
  • DAOWAceDAOWAce Flanders, NJMember UncommonPosts: 224
    TERA devs + BDO publisher.. yeah, no.

Daum/Kakao already showed how incompetent they are with publishing BDO in the west, and BHS clearly don't know how to manage security in their programs (recent TERA chat discovery).

Kakao can't even have proper BDO servers (even with all the p2w whales feeding them infinite money); what hope do they have to host TWO games?

So hard to find respectable developers/publishers in this day and age..
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,332
    If it launches with gender lock...I have zero interest.
    If it launches with gender lock...I have zero interest.
    As it has been clarifird seven hundred times already, there is no if. And it has the best gender lock ever. ;)
  • slay_shadowslay_shadow Frankfurt am MainMember UncommonPosts: 4
    edited November 13
    ITS NOT GENDER LOCKED SO GUYS PLS STOP SPREADING S H I T like always..atleast read something about that game before you start posting like little kids
    Post edited by slay_shadow on
    ConstantineMerus
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Nashville, TNMember EpicPosts: 2,799
    Ratero said:

Meanwhile in the west...

That's so disappointing, but I guess where do you go after so many expansions?  Lol sooner or later the gamers go "man, this same size sword doesn't FEEL any better than the one from the previous expac..."
    ConstantineMerus

• KnyttaKnytta Corning, NYMember UncommonPosts: 369
    I think it might be fun, at least is a somewhat new idea. And as Bill says, its very important that PvP is an option not a core function, at least if they want the really big player numbers in the West.

Chi puo dir com'egli arde é in picciol fuoco.

He who can describe the flame does not burn.

Petrarch

Ratero said:

Meanwhile in the west...

That's so disappointing, but I guess where do you go after so many expansions?  Lol sooner or later the gamers go "man, this same size sword doesn't FEEL any better than the one from the previous expac..."
    Over-sized weapons and shoulder pads were there since the beginning. 
  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 26,669
    ITS NOT GENDER LOCKED SO GUYS PLS STOP SPREADING S H I T like always..atleast read something about that game before you start posting like little kids
    Did you just stamp your feet?   

;)
    ConstantineMerusblueturtle13

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - CCP continues to wander aimlessly

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RateroRatero Tallassee, ALMember UncommonPosts: 392
    Ratero said:

Meanwhile in the west...

I don't play that soul sucking game either for similar reasons.