NCSoft Announces PC MMO 'Project TL' - MMORPG.com News

12346»

Comments

• XiaokiXiaoki White Pigeon, MIMember RarePosts: 2,888
    Looks kind of like Black Desert the ARPG, but without graphical pop up. Holy shit the mounted combat though. That part caught my eye. What I see is basically all the good of Lineage Eternal, but none of the bad. I hope it's not another 2-3 years away, because that looks phenomenal as an action MMO.
    How can you tell what the combat looks like compared to anything else?

The "combat" they showed looked as scripted as the cutscene parts of the trailer.

Only a few seconds of that trailer looked like what could have been actual gameplay.
  • Syphin_BSyphin_B Salisbury, MDMember UncommonPosts: 290
    edited November 11
    If the game devs or tbh asian devs can understand that giving us better randomized loot and non-linear leveling, that would be great....they're always stuck on this linear loot grind where you go from area a and you get area A loot then onto area b and you get area B loot, so on and so forth. If they only understood how incredibly boring that is... its like every area has 1 set of gear for your class and that's all you're gonna get until you go to the next area This is what you do, take this exact game you have and throw in a diablo 2/3 loot system and random rolls, make leveling a bit more open and less linear. You have a hit on your hands...

I still don't understand why companies don't get this, you plug these systems in and you got a hit on your hands. I'm 100% behind what DMKano said
    Post edited by Syphin_B on
  • KabulozoKabulozo AracajuMember UncommonPosts: 572
    edited November 11
    Syphin_B said:
    If the game devs or tbh asian devs can understand that giving us better randomized loot and non-linear leveling, that would be great....they're always stuck on this linear loot grind where you go from area a and you get area A loot then onto area b and you get area B loot, so on and so forth. If they only understood how incredibly boring that is... its like every area has 1 set of gear for your class and that's all you're gonna get until you go to the next area This is what you do, take this exact game you have and throw in a diablo 2/3 loot system and random rolls, make leveling a bit more open and less linear. You have a hit on your hands...

I still don't understand why companies don't get this, you plug these systems in and you got a hit on your hands. I'm 100% behind what DMKano said
    I think in terms of loot, Diablo 2 still is one of the best games out there. I don't know why MMOs don't implement ARPG Diablo-like loot in which a monster can drop anything up to what its level allows to drop..
    Post edited by Kabulozo on
  • AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 917
    They had a few moments of gameplay there. With the sorc turning the waterfall to ice and such. Looks good, but guess we'll have to wait a few years before it comes to the west.

Apparently, there is a closed beta planned in 2018, but thats probably for Korea only, and who knows if people ara allowed share gameplay videos or other experiences then.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• OrthelianOrthelian Barrington, RIMember UncommonPosts: 1,008
    Weird how the video makes this PC MMORPG seem like a gamepad-controlled brawler.

Favorites: EVETORVanguard | Playing: None, overtaken by VR | Anticipating: CUPantheon
    Orthelian said:
    Weird how the video makes this PC MMORPG seem like a gamepad-controlled brawler.
    They said there are plans to maybe port to consoles at some point in the future, but right now the focus is the launch on PC.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Figueira da FozMember EpicPosts: 4,356
    I like it, it's like they decided to bring Lineage Eternals back, that if they don't go through the same mistakes so win/win.
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Whitehouse, TXMember UncommonPosts: 578
    Aori said:
    Project Too Long. Tired of waiting for Lineage.
    imagine how the Star Citizen people feel. lol
    IceAge

Moxom914 said:
    Aori said:
    I bet my balls TL will arrive america before Star Citizen will ever see the light.
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Figueira da FozMember EpicPosts: 4,356
    Kabulozo said:
    Moxom914 said:
    Aori said:
    I bet my balls TL will arrive america before Star Citizen will ever see the light.
    It possibly will, these games tend to be announced when they already been years in-dev.

Though America is always hard to tell, but if it is published by NcSoft in both it should come quick enough.
  • bamwallabamwalla MountainsMember UncommonPosts: 164
    NCsoft always makes great teaser trailers (mostly always).... but I have to say that game looks like a hell of a lot of fun.
  • TazdragoTazdrago Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I really do fail to see how on earth they can call that Lineage.. If they was to remake Lineage 2 in C5 or anywhere before GOD, they would have massive hit.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid GinnungagapMember EpicPosts: 8,739
    Give them some time to hopefully do it right. The "legendary" Jake Song is not there to ruin it like he did with ArcheAge. 

Tazdrago said:
    I really do fail to see how on earth they can call that Lineage.. If they was to remake Lineage 2 in C5 or anywhere before GOD, they would have massive hit.
    Because there is a game that came before Lineage 2 called Lineage and it features large scale open pvp/siege in top down view.

• CoolgrooveCoolgroove Ode$$aMember UncommonPosts: 16
    edited November 17
    Kabulozo said:
    Another fantasy game... boring, not gonna buy or invest time - way too many fantasy games already, it doesn't matter how 'innovative" it'll be or how great game engine is, etc. - it's just another fantasy game.
    It's a Lineage series game, it's expected to have a fantasy setting. It's a fucking Lineage game.

Ncsoft is extremely overdue for a new AAA Lineage game, the last one was released in 2003. It's almost two decades since the the last main Lineage game came out.

All Lineage fans are waiting for it.

Complaining about it is like expecting blizzard to launch a WoW 2 or Diablo 4 in space opera setting.
    Hey, sorry mate, but sometimes it's good not to see things that are not there when you read comments...

I wasn't talking about how Lineage/WoW/etc should go "space opera setting". It's simple - I'm disappointed that another studio is doing another Fantasy MMO. That's it.

And since you've mention it - Yes, I would love to see NCSoft bringing new MMO, with at-least Lineage quality, but in Sci-fi setting. Or some sort of open-world Starcraft MMO.

Every time I see new MMO announcement from a big company or some passionate Team of Designers & Developers (who at least looks like they know what they are doing) I hope for some decent Sci-fi, but it's always Fantasy. Last ones were years ago, SWTOR (bad game, great Star Wars) and to some extend Wildstar.

So for me this kind of announcements feels like - "We'll do it again and again, but better", nah, borrrrring, and sad that after each announcement it's same thought again - "Well, guess it'll be a few more years of single-player/coop/Movies/TV-shows/Books for my Sci-fi fix".

So I'm not complaining, and I'm happy that Lineage fans will get something new. I just want good Sci-fi MMO, real MMO, that is not EvE online or released 5+ years ago.

hmm.. whatever.. it's boring announcement anyway ;)
    Post edited by Coolgroove on