NCSoft Announces PC MMO 'Project TL' - MMORPG.com News

Comments

• advokat666advokat666 MuenchenMember UncommonPosts: 77
    Unreal Engine 4 ? I´am curious or should i say scared how this game will perform with a lot of people on screen.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Beaumont, CAMember UncommonPosts: 2,007
    looks amazing, may need new computer, or may never see the game
  • AoriAori Carbondale, ILMember EpicPosts: 3,849
    DMKano said:
    Project T/L can't really blow Lost Ark out of the water until I see all the other features it has beyond combat. Say what you want about Lost Ark but they showed gathering, crafting, raiding, and other extracurricular activities.

They did - because Lost Ark has been in development for over 5+ years - and they've overrun their development by over a year due to lots of delays.

What I hope NCSoft does is take it beyond Lost Ark (which is all about MMORPG systems and keeping the same linear gear progression and a few varied skills/builds per class) - instead of doing it WIDE OPEN like PoE with almost endless build and gear combos per class.

If NCSoft can pull that off in a MMO-Hybrid and make it AAA game - Lost Ark who?
    It isn't a matter of IF they can, it is a matter of will they. 
  • Leon1eLeon1e ViennaMember UncommonPosts: 775
    edited November 9
    Uff I miss Lineage 2 :C I had such good memories in it. I know it's mostly nostalgia but damn man, back in those days having castle sieges and shit was the next best thing. And since my parents didn't pay for my subscription i had to collect money and ask friends to use their paypal account to pay my sub :D That was some experience. Lineage 2 > WoW kappa.
    Post edited by Leon1e on
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne UKMember RarePosts: 3,441
    Holy shit. That looks incredible. They really need to get this right...
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • CoolgrooveCoolgroove Ode$$aMember UncommonPosts: 16
    Another fantasy game... boring, not gonna buy or invest time - way too many fantasy games already, it doesn't matter how 'innovative" it'll be or how great game engine is, etc. - it's just another fantasy game.
  • KabulozoKabulozo AracajuMember UncommonPosts: 575
    edited November 9
    Another fantasy game... boring, not gonna buy or invest time - way too many fantasy games already, it doesn't matter how 'innovative" it'll be or how great game engine is, etc. - it's just another fantasy game.
    It's a Lineage series game, it's expected to have a fantasy setting. It's a fucking Lineage game.

Ncsoft is extremely overdue for a new AAA Lineage game, the last one was released in 2003. It's almost two decades since the the last main Lineage game came out.

All Lineage fans are waiting for it.

Complaining about it is like expecting blizzard to launch a WoW 2 or Diablo 4 in space opera setting.
    Post edited by Kabulozo on
    SovrathConstantineMerus
  • DarkswormDarksworm Member UncommonPosts: 471
    Honestly, this market would have been served if BDO actually had a PVE end-game, but they don't. So now, players are still waiting on... Lineage III... One of the reasons why I don't play BDO is because the game has no purpose if you want a complete PvPvE experience. Just grinding on trivial MOBs is not enough.
    Phry
  • CazrielCazriel San Francisco, CAMember UncommonPosts: 231
    Nice cinematic. Combat skills look terrific. Intrigued. Here's hoping we get a chance to play it.
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 23,081
    Darksworm said:
    Honestly, this market would have been served if BDO actually had a PVE end-game, but they don't. So now, players are still waiting on... Lineage III... One of the reasons why I don't play BDO is because the game has no purpose if you want a complete PvPvE experience. Just grinding on trivial MOBs is not enough.
    Wasn't that Lineage 2? Oh, I suppose it had bosses but it really didn't have an end game. Primarily a pvp game where one levels up with pve.

Phry

• thunderCthunderC miami flMember UncommonPosts: 856
    These MMO ARPG's always look amazing in the trailer and then i play them and they are dog shit. Someone tell me the name of that other MMO ARPG on the way with the really amazing graphics i cant remember the name
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,781
    DMKano said:
    So is this a MMOARPG like Diablo, MU Legend, etc. OR more an Action MMO like BDO? That opening scene in the town with street people reminded me of BDO lol.
    It's a MMO-ARPG hybrid like MU Legend, ELOA, Devilian, Lost Ark, Guardians of Ember etc...

In other words - you share the world with 1000s of other players and monsters respawn - unlike Diablo, PoE where only your group can be in the same map and you can clear the map 100% (until you reset it)

What we still don't know is how deep the loot and skill builds will be - because typically mmo-arpgs have MMORPG style gear (linear for each class) and very limited skill builds (one or very few builds per class)
    I'd normally agree with you but Lineage is somewhat of an exception like WoW. Lineage 1 was (and is) a sprite-based MMO-ARPG. If they deliver a Lineage 1 type of mob and loot experience then it will be huge, maybe not in the west, but globally. Lineage 1 mobile is generating as much or more revenue than L1 on the desktop. The biggest mistake NC could make with this one in my opinion would be to ignore what the L1 fans want. That's what sunk "Eternal".
    blueturtle13
    The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Avatar Artist: The Plugz, The Burning Sensations
    Album: Repo Man Soundtrack
    Featured Tracks: Hombre Secreto [Plugz], Pablo Picasso [Burning Sensations]
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,781
    Sovrath said:
    Darksworm said:
    Wasn't that Lineage 2? Oh, I suppose it had bosses but it really didn't have an end game. Primarily a pvp game where one levels up with pve.

Lineage is very much a pvp game. There was a L1 pve server here "Ken Rahuel" that was popular within the group that played the game then. It was traditional flag style pve/pvp. So it could have a market. The other two servers, especially the modified pvp set "Lands of Aden", were much more popular though.
    The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Avatar Artist: The Plugz, The Burning Sensations
    Album: Repo Man Soundtrack
    Featured Tracks: Hombre Secreto [Plugz], Pablo Picasso [Burning Sensations]
  • kitaradkitarad RomeMember EpicPosts: 3,700
    Looks like action combat I pass.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAMember RarePosts: 3,538
    Well Lineage 1 was more of an ARPG style game than Lineage 2. So it didn't surprise me at all when Lineage Eternal was an ARPG. I'm glad they are taking their time with this, as a new Lineage game will be awesome. I never got to experience L1 in it's prime, so I'm hoping this game is like that. 
    Torval
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Manchester, NHMember RarePosts: 3,710
    Wake me when they hit open beta
  • Torin_KhaosTorin_Khaos Private, WAMember UncommonPosts: 7
    yay another Asian P2W money grab
    FrodoFragins
  • SelzyrSelzyr UK - LondonMember UncommonPosts: 48
    so...another gender lock trash game? don't we have enough of these?
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. And the more you know Insanity, is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. But I can tell you that only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
  • KabulozoKabulozo AracajuMember UncommonPosts: 575
    Selzyr said:
    so...another gender lock trash game? don't we have enough of these?
    How did you conclude that. Even Lineage 1 which is old as fuck is not gender locked.
    Torval
  • BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Long Beach, CAMember UncommonPosts: 213
    Out of all the new games and new trailers, this is the one that didn't give me any excitement. It just seem... so boringly mediocre.

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 934
    edited November 10
    Out of all the new games and new trailers, this is the one that didn't give me any excitement. It just seem... so boringly mediocre.
    well at least they showed gameplay footage hehe.  alot of the console stuff, commercials, is just the video cut scene piece and it tricks ppl into thinking its awesome, but its really 5 year old pc game graphics hehe.  
    Post edited by time007 on

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

• McGamerMcGamer C.S.T., USAMember UncommonPosts: 1,037
    Cool video. I'm interested enough to find out more news when it's closer to launching, but NC Soft is known for making shiny eye-candy with no depth so we'll see.
  • DabOnThemDabOnThem Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Tired of these fantasy games in general, let alone all these Asian companies pumping out European fantasy themed games. Was hoping for a bad-ass Asian wielding a Bo, sai, or short striking sticks, but got a metro sexual guy....

• cielyciely Member UncommonPosts: 53
    stopped reading after nc
  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO SloveniaMember UncommonPosts: 189
    edited November 11

Looks kind of like Black Desert the ARPG, but without graphical pop up. Holy shit the mounted combat though. That part caught my eye.

What I see is basically all the good of Lineage Eternal, but none of the bad. I hope it's not another 2-3 years away, because that looks phenomenal as an action MMO.

I will bet you 50 it's gonna take 'em 2-3 years to get out in the west. Hope you get the money and I get the game.
    Post edited by NitemareMMO on