Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Least excited iv ever been for a wow expansion

JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
edited November 2017 in World of Warcraft
Before anyone labels me a troll or "hater" im sure if you dig far enough in my post history you will find me talking positive and praising wow but this latest expansion really does nothing for me. Usually the video and screenshots of the new zones gets me pumped to explore them but they look so bland and boring. Honestly there is not one new feature that has me eager to play this xpac other than the announcement of a vanilla server which im sure will be butchered and have very little resemblance to the vanilla experience. 

Regardless i will buy this xpac- Its not even up for debate but im wondering if ill even make it lvl cap this time, Not hitting max lvl would be a first for me.
  • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Comments

• FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501
    I Tested Legion, its at least stabilized some of the mistakes, which they are redoing in the next Xpac. Getting rid of world pvp is a deal breaker for me. I cant even casually level without it. There simply has to be more to the game than collecting mounts and raids. So much of the game is dead now. Losing Undercity is another deal breaker, as an undead player UC is the best city in the game if I didnt have to go to Org I wouldnt. Alot of night elves feel the same about whats happening to them.

Races they are introducing are just reskins, nothing to be exited about. Now if Alliance got Dryads and horde got Drakonids that would be different. Just imagine all the people male and female playing Dryads, oh run away from RP servers, run fast.

Class mechanics, well lets take a guess here, they add an extra mandatory talent in the non existent talent tree, maybe fix survival hunters, another spec for Demon hunters AKA blood elves and humans with horns. Probably nerf Shaman just because and reduce DK complexity again down to one button. Probably an Spriest nerf incoming, just guessing, make Warlocks more boring.
    I dont see anything interesting happening this Xpac outside of the lashing Wpvpers are getting.

I honestly dont understand this direction the largest WOW servers are PVP servers 8 out of ten. They claim it was too hard to deal with after 13 years now they suddenly want to be EQ2, I dont buy it. Yet somehow classic servers are possible with the same pvp mechanics they are getting rid of? I mean .. WTF, I'm not raging or anyting but .... wtf
    WTF

ZenJelly
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    I m looking forward to it more then any other one.
    borghive49FrodoFragins
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Faelsun said:
    I Tested Legion, its at least stabilized some of the mistakes, which they are redoing in the next Xpac. Getting rid of world pvp is a deal breaker for me. I cant even casually level without it. There simply has to be more to the game than collecting mounts and raids. So much of the game is dead now. Losing Undercity is another deal breaker, as an undead player UC is the best city in the game if I didnt have to go to Org I wouldnt. Alot of night elves feel the same about whats happening to them.

Races they are introducing are just reskins, nothing to be exited about. Now if Alliance got Dryads and horde got Drakonids that would be different. Just imagine all the people male and female playing Dryads, oh run away from RP servers, run fast.

Class mechanics, well lets take a guess here, they add an extra mandatory talent in the non existent talent tree, maybe fix survival hunters, another spec for Demon hunters AKA blood elves and humans with horns. Probably nerf Shaman just because and reduce DK complexity again down to one button. Probably an Spriest nerf incoming, just guessing, make Warlocks more boring.
    I dont see anything interesting happening this Xpac outside of the lashing Wpvpers are getting.

I honestly dont understand this direction the largest WOW servers are PVP servers 8 out of ten. They claim it was too hard to deal with after 13 years now they suddenly want to be EQ2, I dont buy it. Yet somehow classic servers are possible with the same pvp mechanics they are getting rid of? I mean .. WTF, I'm not raging or anyting but .... wtf
    WTF

Its some kind of mega server, no more dedicated servers. So you toggle pve/pvp and get teleported the desired zone with all other pve/pvp. Also there will be some kind of bonus if you play in the pvp zone.

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    Dragnelus said:
    Faelsun said:

WTF

Its some kind of mega server, no more dedicated servers. So you toggle pve/pvp and get teleported the desired zone with all other pve/pvp. Also there will be some kind of bonus if you play in the pvp zone.
    Yep, they aren't being very forth coming about this change, but it is a move to mega server tech for sure. It actually might be better for WPVP in the end. 
    ZenJelly
  • FaelsunFaelsun Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Toggling isnt world pvp, not going to get into a trolling war about it. But the so called mega server is just the same servers now but people phasing in and out of pvp participation. which is only going to lead to leveling groups going to specific areas with the flag on and turning right off after they get the completion. Basically the same problems EQ2 had with their system. Essentially turning any pvp at all into a mini game which completely defeats the purpose of world pvp to begin with.

ZenJelly
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Vutar said:
    I find it hard to get excited about the xpac mainly because it is the same old stuff. The sub races seem very lackluster and yet they seem to be the selling point for this xpac. 

On a side note, the lack of effort put into this xpac gives me hope that they are working on WoW 2 in some form. 

I'm fairly certain they aren't working on World of Warcraft 2. Especially since they canceled that other mmorpg project.
    JeffSpicoligervaise1
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    I'm more excited about classic servers than the expansion, so yeah, I agree with you.
    JeffSpicoliSteelhelmZenJelly
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    Sovrath said:
    Vutar said:
    I find it hard to get excited about the xpac mainly because it is the same old stuff. The sub races seem very lackluster and yet they seem to be the selling point for this xpac. 

On a side note, the lack of effort put into this xpac gives me hope that they are working on WoW 2 in some form. 

I'm fairly certain they aren't working on World of Warcraft 2. Especially since they canceled that other mmorpg project.
    They most definitely aren't. There is no money in MMORPG's right now for a major publisher like them to invest hundreds of millions into and have it be worth the outcome. WoW is still raking in money for them by the boatload, and all of their other games are also having similar outcomes. They scrapped an entire MMO to turn it into a class shooter that really says something. Also the fact that it worked so well probably proves their reasoning made sense. 

The reason this expansion might not look like it has much effort might be due to the team they need to currently be working on the vanilla servers. I'm sure they didn't go out and hire a whole new team just for that, they probably redirected some of the current team into it. 

Personally I think the expansion looks good. But who knows until more is announced. 
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,364
    the new zones look boring and bland , more troll zones for horde and the alliance zones look "ok" at best. the new "races" meh its looks like a filler expansion , to keep milking the old cash cow ....smells like WoD 2.0
    JeffSpicoliFaelsun
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    thunderC said:
    Before anyone labels me a troll or "hater" im sure if you dig far enough in my post history you will find me talking positive and praising wow but this latest expansion really does nothing for me. Usually the video and screenshots of the new zones gets me pumped to explore them but they look so bland and boring. Honestly there is not one new feature that has me eager to play this xpac other than the announcement of a vanilla server which im sure will be butchered and have very little resemblance to the vanilla experience. 

Regardless i will buy this xpac- Its not even up for debate but im wondering if ill even make it lvl cap this time, Not hitting max lvl would be a first for me.
    You know, by saying you will buy any expansion without debate you don't exactly force them to bring their A game. 

If a rather large group of their players didn't bother buying an expansion pack they would be forced to rethink things but now they can actually sell anything as long as it have a couplle of new zones and a few new levels...
    JeffSpicoliKylerangervaise1[Deleted User]
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited November 2017
    Loke666 said:
    thunderC said:

You know, by saying you will buy any expansion without debate you don't exactly force them to bring their A game. 

I know, and your 100% right, but at this point iv invested so much time into my toon and so many years there is no way i cant poke my head in and check it out  . Listen i know realistically ill be excited before launch but as someone else brought up i could see this being W.O.D pt 2 and ill be unsubbing after a month.

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    I'd say it's in a tie with pandaria for me but pandaria suffered because it was the second filler expansion in a row.  This expansion looks like a "been there, done that" type of thing.
    Soki123
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    It s bringing back the war in WARcraft. How one can t be excited is beyond me. We all know more content will be included and revealed in time.
    ZenJelly
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    The PvP problem they have is - obviously - the imbalance. I don't see a "mega-server" - whatever is meant by this - fixing this issue. Hence the bonuses presumably - but other games have tried this approach without any significant success. The underlying population issue remains.

They could, of course, introduce faction population capped "instanced server / region / whatever". This works well enough for ESO  What about all the Alliance players who will be locked out though? That imbalance again.

Maybe the view is better some PvP than none. And maybe some new communities will arise.

The PvE side of the expansion - looks like a token; I think the major thrust is vanilla. I could certainly see access to "new vanilla" requiring purchase of the expansion. Has this been touched on?

And maybe there might be a rebirth of PvP; new forces with faction population limits from day 1. An instanced Wintergrasp maybe?
  • btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    No where did they say there was only going to be one big server.  They're just using the phasing/cross-realm technology on a more global scale.  There still will be a bunch of servers... some low pop other heavy pop just like they are now... only the same technology that is used to balance populations will be used to balance WPVP.

They're just getting rid of the server designations... not so much the servers.  You go to your faction city and opt in for PVP.  *Poof*, you are now phased together with others who did the same.  This means everyone you see that is not of your faction is now attackable.  What you can't do is opt out UNLESS you are back in your faction city.  So no more of this flag/unflag nonsense.  You're committed.  People who opt in will only be placed with other players that have opt in.  You WILL NOT see anyone who has not opt in.

Faction balance can now be controlled because they KNOW how many alliance and horde there are who have opt in and are ONLINE.  No more faction imbalance like there is now.  Faction balance will be controlled by the phasing/cross-realm technology.  Obviously if there are still far more alliance interested in this and the horde, you're still going to end up with an imbalance.  But no where near as bad as it is now with server based designations.

The one hiccup is that you may end up on a different server than your friends are on unless you are in a group.  No different than it is now with cross-realm phasing.

If anything, this brings WPVP back to life.

No one who hasn't opt in at their faction city will be phased/cross-realm grouped with those who have not opt in.  So no more getting a random group only to find out it's on a PVP server and vice versa.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I don't get excited for anything Blizzard.
    They just spend a ton of money on PR and marketing,their advertising/promoting is everywhere,i am not fooled one bit by deceptive marketing.

I look at one simple FACT,they copied EQ/EQ2,Wow still does not have housing,after how many expansions...updates?I rest my case,Blizzard aims for CHEAP ...EASY to deliver content then hypes it up with marketing and videos and Blizzcon's etc etc,i still look at the facts,they do NOT deliver so i am not interested.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited November 2017
    @btdt "Faction balance can now be controlled because they KNOW how many alliance and horde there are who have opt in and are ONLINE."

If Alliance outnumbers Horde by - pick a number - 5:1, 10:1, whatever and all of these select PvP there is no way they can balance the population for everyone.

That is not to say it won't be more balanced; make it "right" for some.

Yes they can account for who is online at anyone time; yes they can match "servers" with more Alliance to those with more Horde but if the underlying population imbalance remains it cannot "fix it" for everyone. 
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Wizardry said:

I look at one simple FACT,they copied EQ/EQ2,Wow still does not have housing,after how many expansions...
    Blizzards version of housing was garrisons which were absolute trash . 
    ZenJelly
    • Aloha Mr Hand !