Classic wow will make noobs cry

rush1984rush1984 essexMember UncommonPosts: 324
Name 5 things that will make the wotlk'ers and onwards spit their dummies out if they play classic wow when the server launches.

I'l go first 

1. No lfg 
2. No heirlooms
3. Running everywhere
4. Having to drink mana water
5. Having to use CC

I can think of more can you? 
Gyva02

Comments

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Grah, ALMember RarePosts: 1,055
    Agnarr is a hundred times more brutal than classic WoW and it is Daybreaks most popular server atm. Classic WoW will have to open multiple servers to appease the masses.
    Gyva02Phaedruslives
  • steamtanksteamtank Rochester, NYMember UncommonPosts: 389
    Im so excited. 
    Getting face melted and realizing you either have to wait 20 min for your friends to come help kill the other player or you have to leave the zone.

Actually have to bring optimal spec/gear combos
    Actual consequences for being a known griefer/loot thief
    PvP ranks that require playing... a lot.
    Gear restricted to not being a terrible player
    Fusing materials that are hard to get to form  super weapons that feel super

rush1984
  • rush1984rush1984 essexMember UncommonPosts: 324
    edited November 4
    Barrens chat
    Farming for fast mount 
    Trying to get inside mc without being killed (ok that was fun)
    No flying 
    Having to buy ammo and feed pet on hunter
    Post edited by rush1984 on
    Kyleran
  • KellerKeller UtrechtMember UncommonPosts: 423
    You need a populated server to make money on the AH. You can have looted  good item, but who is it going to buy? Grinding gold from mob drops is not for all classes.

Brunlin
  • SteelhelmSteelhelm LahtiMember UncommonPosts: 251
    I'm gonna enjoy seeing all the skeletons littering the ground in the starting areas :)
    rush1984Octagon7711Gyva02

• RelampagoRelampago Brooklyn, NYMember UncommonPosts: 275
    SS->TM and back.
    rush1984Tsiya
  • BrunlinBrunlin Prattville, ALMember UncommonPosts: 25
    edited November 4
    Keller said:
    You need a populated server to make money on the AH. You can have looted  good item, but who is it going to buy? Grinding gold from mob drops is not for all classes.

The server will be very populated. I don't think that there will be any problems with the AH. That being said it will take it a little while for the economy to mature,but anyone who knows a thing about trading will make a fortune in the first few days. That being said a fortune on this server will be different on a server that has a lot of gold in the economy. Inflation though has little to do with wealth in the beginning.
    Post edited by Brunlin on
    Gdemami

If at first you don’t succeed, call it version 1.0

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 16,954
    The noobs will probably like it.

when nostalgia wears off the vets will be leaving in droves.

The thing with classic servers - for majority they are a flash in the pan, because after a couple of weeks the feeling "I've done all this before" hits you hard.

It will be interesting to see how long people last on classic servers before quitting, because deja-vu is cool at first, but fades fast.

lindhskySweetToeKyleranOctagon7711drivendawnRhoklawKalebGraysonMargravethunderCHarikenand 6 others.
    DMKano said:

The thing with classic servers - for majority they are a flash in the pan, because after a couple of weeks the feeling "I've done all this before" hits you hard.

It will be interesting to see how long people last on classic servers before quitting, because deja-vu is cool at first, but fades fast.

But thousands played on private servers like nos me included for very long time 60 priest 60 hunter 60 druid , and I still think it' best mmorpg around and I first played wow early 2005
    Drengarth86drivendawnGdemamimcrippinsNildenGyva02Kilrane
  • TillerTiller Member RarePosts: 6,195
    DMKano said:

Pretty much. It will be a cool museum to visit, but once you seen all there is to see, no need to stay.
    Octagon7711Xodic

rush1984 said:
    DMKano said:

But thousands played on private servers like nos me included for very long time 60 priest 60 hunter 60 druid , and I still think it' best mmorpg around and I first played wow early 2005

And those thousands are representative of a minority. 

What % of 12million players will play classic servers at all? 

What % will play for more than 1 month? 3months? 6?

You are going to find very rapidly dwindling numbers as time goes on
    YaevinduskRobsolfrojoArcueid
  • XarkoXarko Member RarePosts: 766
    Should be fun watching dmg warriors/paladins/druids/priests/shamans crying about how nobody wants them in party and raid.

rush1984
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member UncommonPosts: 1,399
    I don't see it lasting, pretty much the same thing when they brought back Crystal Pepsi.
    DMKanoOctagon7711XarkoHariken

Originally posted by salsa41
    are you have problem ?

• mikunimanmikuniman NYMember UncommonPosts: 374
    Pay a sub for a 13 year old game yeah right, should be free. Wow is the king of rehashing old content wrapping it up as something new. From someone who played a month after launch and years after, nty. Most of the changes were for the better I definitely didn't want to play vanilla for 13 years. I give a vets a few weeks of it to find that out. New players, well they wouldn't know anything else.
    DMKanoXarkoMaurgrimHariken
  • xNIAx1xNIAx1 UrUhGayMember UncommonPosts: 46
    rush1984 said:
    Name 5 things that will make the wotlk'ers and onwards spit their dummies out if they play classic wow when the server launches.

I'l go first 

1. No lfg 
    2. No heirlooms
    3. Running everywhere
    5. Having to use CC

Noobs won't be playing classic you dingus. Proof read in the future.
    rush1984

Nickydoo loves you!

• GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnMember RarePosts: 4,212
    rush1984 said:

I'l go first 

1. No lfg 
    2. No heirlooms
    3. Running everywhere
    5. Having to use CC

Who exactly asked for that drudgery that will be inflicted via Vanilla?

Everything on that list except no Heirlooms and CC use is antiquated game design. And should remain where antiques should remain: either in past, memory or museum.

Also obligatory elitism in title, great job! ZZzzzZ.
    GetzMango
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Grah, ALMember RarePosts: 1,055
    DMKano said:
    rush1984 said:
    DMKano said:

Your point is moot, every game server rapidly declines shortly after every expansion. They could merge 60% of the live WoW servers right now if it didn't looks so bad media wise.

Some people are simply smart enough to acknowledge that watching a good movie twice is better than a bad movie once.
    DMKano said:
    rush1984 said:
    DMKano said:

Tight knit communities is what made classic so amazing on my old server bloodfeather everyone knew who best players were what progression all guilds had , I still have friends I made in vannila, before it got massive and the casual floodgates opened it was awesome I even remember the most famous ninja bagdush, if you reading this bag I forgive u lool .
    Anyway I think your missing the point of why people want to play , a minority of players? I fucking hope so
    GdemamiSteelhelm
  • KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 26,664
    edited November 5
    rush1984 said:by

I'l go first 

1. No lfg 
    2. No heirlooms
    3. Running everywhere
    5. Having to use CC

You are assuming of course "Classic Servers" will actually be like this.

They very well could decide to add in dungeon and raid finders, or remove mana water drinking or even give Horde Paladins.

Knowing Blizzard Classic Servers won't necessarily be very much like Vanilla servers, all depends how the decide to approach it.

Post edited by Kyleran on
    Torvalacidblood

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

On hiatus from EVE Online since Dec 2016 - CCP continues to wander aimlessly

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• dreamer05dreamer05 Kansas City, MOMember UncommonPosts: 659
    What are you all scared of? EQ TLP servers are extremely popular. These will be too.
    Steelhelm

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• chambordinchambordin montevideoMember UncommonPosts: 112
    we're probably more than a year away from the release of classic tbh, maybe even multiple years, i think it might be fun if it's like a more hardcore version of wow. I started around the late BC early wotlk times.
    dreamer05 said:
    What are you all scared of? EQ TLP servers are extremely popular. These will be too.

But we don't know if classic WoW servers are going to be progression. 

Also extremely popular - hmm Agnarr has a couple of thousand players, the older TLP servers show medium to low. 

All combined it's less than 15k players that are logged in at peak times. Not sure if I would call that extremely popular.

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Nashville, TNMember EpicPosts: 2,716
    edited November 5
    DMKano said:
    rush1984 said:
    DMKano said:

Why do you think anyone (including Blizzard) expects numbers comparable to live?  Why are you using that as a measuring stick?

The interview leads me to believe they are expecting a niche of their fanbase will enjoy this experience.  Not sure why you keep trying to insist that this experience would ever be expected to keep numbers comparable to a modern-day release.  Or that it would be considered a complete failure if it doesn't hold comparable numbers.  Not sure where anyone asserted it would.
    Post edited by MadFrenchie on
    GdemamixyzercrimeJamesGoblinKylerankadajvolajuGaladourn

• TokkenTokken Portland, ORMember UncommonPosts: 1,561
    rush1984 said:

Having to buy ammo and feed pet on hunter
    ----------------------------------------------

I actually miss that part :-)
    rush1984JamesGoblinSteelhelm
    Warriors are like steel, when you lose your temper you lose your worth.
    DMKano said:
    rush1984 said:
    DMKano said:

Why do you think anyone (including Blizzard) expects numbers comparable to live?  Why are you using that as a measuring stick?

The interview leads me to believe they are expecting a niche of their fanbase will enjoy this experience.  Not sure why you keep trying to insist that this experience would ever be expected to keep numbers comparable to a modern-day release.  Or that it would be considered a complete failure if it doesn't hold comparable numbers.  Not sure where anyone asserted it would.
    Idd he seems to think vanilla is to be considered a expansion or something lol it' just to keep us few players happy and probably to shut us up after years of asking for classic lol
    Tsiya