Battle for Azeroth Cinematic Trailer - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 1,675
edited November 3 in Videos Discussion

imageBattle for Azeroth Cinematic Trailer - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

Tensions between the Alliance and Horde have erupted, and a new age of war has begun. For more info on the game, or to opt in to the beta.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 2,635
    Well Blizzard sure knows how to make trailers.
    Octagon7711AlbatroesTokkenVutarMrMelGibsongegecouc

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILMember EpicPosts: 3,848
    Trailer sold me, well played once again Blizzard, proof your trailers are worth the money you put into them.
    Octagon7711exile01
  • PcgamingvetPcgamingvet Lake in the Hills, ILMember UncommonPosts: 17
    WOW has done it again. That was amazing!
    Octagon7711

Pcgamingvet

• LurchUSALurchUSA Fredericksburg, TXMember UncommonPosts: 73
    edited November 3
    Now if the gameplay was REMOTLY like the Cinematic, then might still be playing.

WoW suffers from SW:ToR bait and switch, where the cinematics were like... "Whoa, that looks amazing", then you play the game and it's like.. "It's just WoW with light sabers. Meh!"
    Post edited by LurchUSA on
    NordicApacheAlbatroesAlomarTokkenMrMelGibson
  • winghaven1winghaven1 HafnarfjörðurMember RarePosts: 586
    Spectacular.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Manchester, NHMember RarePosts: 3,703
    nice trailer but nothing I've seen interests me. Subraces aren't a big selling point. It looks like a rehash of everything we've seen before but with nicer models. This looks like another filler expansion (Cata and MoP) although there is room for slightly better lore with azshara and the old gods.

I have to assume the expansion after this one will deal with the Void.

daltanious
  • RolanStormRolanStorm SochiMember UncommonPosts: 118
    YEAH!
  • blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 562
    So unlock the subraces and sludge thru the same garbage again, or pay to boost the subrace or race change to it. Nice idea blizzard. Many suckers will fall for this tripe.

Nothing worth resubbing for.
    NordicApacheBruceYee
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • NordicApacheNordicApache Las Vegas, NVMember UncommonPosts: 122
    More of the same. Stunning graphics in the trailers, shit graphics in the game. They will make you reset everything you work for each expac over and over again. This is the shit they focus on over Diablo and Starcraft? FML.
    BruceYee
  • SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News Manager The CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 25,793
    Gotta say that Sylvanas going all banshee and screaming "FOR THE HORDE" trounced Anduin's mass rez all holy light for the Alliance trash. :D

Also..last I heard, Anduin was a weak, sickly 18-year-old who'd had every bone in his body broken and would have to walk on crutches the rest of his life. Now he's wearing full plate and sword fighting as well as Varian? OOOOOOkkkkkk....
    klash2defConstantineMerusBruceYeeMrMelGibson

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• GhavriggGhavrigg Halifax, NSMember UncommonPosts: 1,236
    SBFord said:
    Gotta say that Sylvanas going all banshee and screaming "FOR THE HORDE" trounced Anduin's mass rez all holy light for the Alliance trash. :D

Also..last I heard, Anduin was a weak, sickly 18-year-old who'd had every bone in his body broken and would have to walk on crutches the rest of his life. Now he's wearing full plate and sword fighting as well as Varian? OOOOOOkkkkkk....
    I agree with the Sylvanas thing. But then: Huh? What? You haven't seen anything from Anduin since MoP? How'd that happen?
    Nepheth
    I thought Anduin brokered the peace between Alliance and Horde why is he now leading an army against them?

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILMember EpicPosts: 3,848
    Anduin has been King of Stormwind for an entire expansion. He also grew a lot in WoD, definitely a bit in Legion with the passing of his father. Also he only fought off a few grunts, his father was slaying the Legion in mass. You wasn't fighting anywhere near the level of his father.

I think the Cinematic captured him perfectly, he is stuck between being himself and his father for his people.
    GhavriggNephethSyphin_BIceAgedaltanious
  • blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Pretty bulky armor for a npc classed as a priest
    daltanious
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 3,591
    edited November 3

SBFord said:

You forgot that Anduin looks like a young Brad Pitt (or regular Brad Pitt since he doesn't seem to age anyway). But yeah, I wont like seeing Sylvanas like that was pretty hot. Now as others have said, if only the game was remotely like the trailer. But honestly, I felt pretty hyped playing WoD until cap, then the flair died for me. The orc characters really gave me passion to play though, like Blackhand and Kargath (my favorite, so you can imagine my disappointment with him being the first boss of the first raid instead of getting his own raid tier...).
    Post edited by Albatroes on
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Cambridge, MAMember UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Very nicely done cinematic. I prefer the art style of ESO and love their trailers, but the WoW trailer was very nice. I stopped playing WoW in 2004 when I leveled a character to level 60. I was horde. I prefer the horde :).

Cryomatrix
    MrMelGibson
  • AlomarAlomar Middle EarthMember RarePosts: 907
    If WoW looked or played anything like this I'd still be playing, alas it does not. Though, I'll be trying out the Classic servers!
    TokkenBruceYee
    Fortes Fortuna Iuvat

18 year MMO veteran 
    Retired PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red

Pretty bulky armor for a npc classed as a priest
    Well the Legion animated comic series has him changing to a paladin doesn't it?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid GinnungagapMember EpicPosts: 8,739
    i got chills by watching this. It was amazing.
    AoriMrMelGibson

• Viper482Viper482 Somewhere, FLMember RarePosts: 1,682
    About time, tired of this playing nice crap
    frostymugVutar
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 23,040

It really was very good.

Can someone explain to me why a Night Elf is fighting for the Horde? or is she not a night Elf? Or is there some storied reason that happened.

Also that Paladin guy kind of looked like Brad Pitt.
    Syphin_B

• tawesstawess LkpgMember RarePosts: 3,757
    it was a nightborne. The night elves you find in the broken isles

Tawess gaming

Tawess soapbox

This have been a good conversation

• frostymugfrostymug Galveston, TXMember UncommonPosts: 346
    Had a feeling the cupcake buddy system against the Legion wouldn't stick around long with Sylvanas in charge. Couldn't be happier. 

Looks like I'll be splitting time between the Battle for Azeroth and the vanilla server Battle for Tarren Mill. At least until I go back to single player games again. Best news to me would be completely getting rid of BGs and adding player bounties to open world PvP. Spice up the leveling and grind everyone complains about.
    Sovrath said:

It really was very good.

Can someone explain to me why a Night Elf is fighting for the Horde? or is she not a night Elf? Or is there some storied reason that happened.

True Romance Pitt

Or Troy Pitt?

MrMelGibson

• SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 23,040

Asheram said:

Sovrath said:

It really was very good.

True Romance Pitt

Or Troy Pitt?

I would say, given those choices, more Troy Pitt.