Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FIFA Online 4 is the Subject of the EA / Nexon Announcement - General Gameplay Footage

2»

Comments

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited November 2017
    People still play Fifa? Wait, it said Online 4? There were 3 others???
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Albatroes said:

People still play Fifa? Wait, it said Online 4? There were 3 others???

Maybe not us but around the world this is one of EA's biggest cash cows.

I don't play FIFA but I do play NHL since I'm Canadian and it's a citizenship requirement for us. All of their sports franchises have been getting progressively more and more online for years and many people play it just for that.

The NHL game for example can have as many as 12 players in a game - 6 per side. IDK how FIFA has handled that in the past but I assume this new thing will probably have up to 22. Now the big question I'm sure everyone will have is does this make it an MMO? :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited November 2017

Maybe f2p with cashshop?

Buy Ronaldo for €10,-? 

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Play vs other players $2 per game.
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    "Well, we'd all hoped for an MMO, or at least a great sci-fi or high-fantasy multiplayer game, but EA and Nexon had other ideas."

This is not true at all. Most of the "we" stuff I was reading was people hoping that it wouldn't be anything that could further damage the MMO genre -- it has already been struggling enough for the last couple of years. So FIFA Online 4? Sure. I don't know anyone personally who would give a rat's ass about a "MMO" about soccer. I'm sure they are out there but I'm just not aware of anyone I know that would care. So from my point of view, this is perfect. EA and Nexon will absolutely screw it up but it won't affect me.
  • GalaaGalaa Member UncommonPosts: 32

Dragnelus said:

Maybe f2p with cashshop?

Buy Ronaldo for €10,-? 

Fifa Online 3 is a F2P game with cash shop and was released in 2012. Expect the P2W aspect in FO4 to be stronger than in FO3 as P2W is so much worse than it was back in 2012.
  • GalaaGalaa Member UncommonPosts: 32

Samhael said:

"Well, we'd all hoped for an MMO, or at least a great sci-fi or high-fantasy multiplayer game, but EA and Nexon had other ideas."

This is not true at all. Most of the "we" stuff I was reading was people hoping that it wouldn't be anything that could further damage the MMO genre -- it has already been struggling enough for the last couple of years. So FIFA Online 4? Sure. I don't know anyone personally who would give a rat's ass about a "MMO" about soccer. I'm sure they are out there but I'm just not aware of anyone I know that would care. So from my point of view, this is perfect. EA and Nexon will absolutely screw it up but it won't affect me.

EA and Nexon will make tons of $$$ out of Fifa Online 4.

Football (Soccer) is the most popular sports in the world, and the FIFA franchise is the best selling Football game franchise. Just look at how much EA makes by releasing a FIFA game YEARLY. Even though there isnt much gameplay difference, people still buy the newer version every year.

This new FO4 is gonna be extremely popular, and EA and Nexon are gonna be laughing to the bank!
    RexKushmaninfomatz
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Dragnelus said:

Maybe f2p with cashshop?

Buy Ronaldo for €10,-? 
    Lol I noticed EA used the exact same "EA Sports, Its in the game" from 00-08 skipped a year and then went back.