Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alpha Zero Testing Environment Sparkles in Latest Trailer - Ashes of Creation Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited November 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageAlpha Zero Testing Environment Sparkles in Latest Trailer - Ashes of Creation Videos - MMORPG.com

The Ashes of Creation team has a shiny new trailer today that provides and early look at the first testing environment called "Alpha Zero". The description goes on to say, "This is a Work in Progress and a rough look at what over 60 developers are hard at work preparing Ashes of Creation's Alpha Zero."

Read the full story here

Comments

• RhinotonesRhinotones Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Hurry up and take my money already!
    My new MMO home.
    MikehaDr_Binks

• KurganxyKurganxy Member UncommonPosts: 53
    Wow. Those environments look amazing. I hope the gameplay is as good as the graphics.
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805
    All they ever show off is environments. I'd like to see some actual combat and game play. Especially since what we saw of combat the last time they actually showed it off (I can't remember when, but it doesn't seem like that long ago) was extremely floaty and boring looking. No impact to the hits. Either nail combat or fail!
    MikehaAlomarGrend
    I like to complain about games.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    60 Developers?
    That's a pretty decently sized studio...
    It's going to be interesting to see how they fund it. Will Steven really put in his own money? Other investors?
    He was pretty clear that they would not go P2W and while I had plenty of issues with the way they ran the Kickstarter, it was clearly the least P2W of any I had seen. I'm curious what the next "sale" will focus on. I expect to hear about it pretty soon. The video is just priming the pump for that.

So far though, while I hate the tactics they used... they have been doing what they said they would be doing. That's really refreshing. They also made some good team additions since the Kickstarter. Let's face it...for what it is... the video showed some good looking locations. But that's the easiest part of an MMORPG to create with a big team. We will have to see how it integrates into an actual game.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    That is like the first two months of game design,all they showing is the engine and environment assets.
    Why would they need to tell us this is Alpha when there is nothing game wise here,just the environment.

So if the game engine works,there is nothing more to it,we have seen game engines produce environments for over 20 years already.
    I would say that this wouldn't even come close to a pass if trying to attain some investors,so basically they are showing us nothing.
    pantaro

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Environments with 0 players in them from an already built engine isn't as impressive as if they could host dozens to hundreds of simultaneously interacting players within them.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Regardless of what happens with the game they got some solid environment artists that will constantly find new projects to work on.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • aeunexcoreaeunexcore Member UncommonPosts: 45
    edited November 2017
    If there's anyone who's interested for a braver's account, hit me up.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Another one that I was super hyped for at first but its turning out to be just like all the others.

/Sigh
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    looks gorgeous, i wonder how performance is gonna be with many ppl on screen...
  • PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 506
    edited November 2017
    Not only have they shown off combat but they have let people play it at PAX. Just relax folks its been only a few months since Kickstarter. They will show off combat again when they have made enough improvements. Also doesn't their first Alpha 0 start in like 2 months? I am sure we will get a lot of impressions on it soon.