Project 1999 questions ?

135

Comments

  • Flyte27Flyte27 Greenwich, CTMember RarePosts: 4,116
    Good Luck!

    I looked up the Druid spells for P99 and it appears they still use the old system.  That means you don't get some of your best spells like Spirit of the Wolf and Stinging Swarm at level 14.  Up until that point, it may be a little dull.  That was always the big level for me as I could kite mobs solo a lot more effectively in the outdoors.  Druids are great at kiting with damage over time, snare, and spirit of the wolf spell.  At higher levels, they can quad kite, but it has more downtime.  The spell harmony is great for pulling mobs one at a time out of groups.  Until you get Stringing Swarm it's usually best to just do a combination of melee, healing, direct damage, and utility (damage shield) when soloing.  It's good to try and get your spell skills up so that you don't fizzle spells.  It's likely you won't melee much after the first 10 to 15 levels.  As such I would try to increase those melee and defensive skills while you are able to do so.

    Of course, you don't have to listen to me.  Just do what is fun to you.

    https://wiki.project1999.com/Druid
  • delete5230delete5230 Member RarePosts: 4,180
    Flyte27 said:
    Good Luck!

    I looked up the Druid spells for P99 and it appears they still use the old system.  That means you don't get some of your best spells like Spirit of the Wolf and Stinging Swarm at level 14.  Up until that point, it may be a little dull.  That was always the big level for me as I could kite mobs solo a lot more effectively in the outdoors.  Druids are great at kiting with damage over time, snare, and spirit of the wolf spell.  At higher levels, they can quad kite, but it has more downtime.  The spell harmony is great for pulling mobs one at a time out of groups.  Until you get Stringing Swarm it's usually best to just do a combination of melee, healing, direct damage, and utility (damage shield) when soloing.  It's good to try and get your spell skills up so that you don't fizzle spells.  It's likely you won't melee much after the first 10 to 15 levels.  As such I would try to increase those melee and defensive skills while you are able to do so.

    Of course, you don't have to listen to me.  Just do what is fun to you.

    https://wiki.project1999.com/Druid

    Sounds good,

    I'm listening :)

    I created my character and went up the lift into the tree, that's all I did.  Someone that retired from my work place and wants to scout my land behind my house for hunting, I can't get into the game until after he leaves.

    Question about servers:
    I joined the blue PvE server, but noticed an EZ server that was equally populated..... What's that all about ?
  • NeanderthalNeanderthal Member UncommonPosts: 1,719
    Flyte27 said:
    Good Luck!

    I looked up the Druid spells for P99 and it appears they still use the old system.  That means you don't get some of your best spells like Spirit of the Wolf and Stinging Swarm at level 14.  Up until that point, it may be a little dull.  That was always the big level for me as I could kite mobs solo a lot more effectively in the outdoors.  Druids are great at kiting with damage over time, snare, and spirit of the wolf spell.  At higher levels, they can quad kite, but it has more downtime.  The spell harmony is great for pulling mobs one at a time out of groups.  Until you get Stringing Swarm it's usually best to just do a combination of melee, healing, direct damage, and utility (damage shield) when soloing.  It's good to try and get your spell skills up so that you don't fizzle spells.  It's likely you won't melee much after the first 10 to 15 levels.  As such I would try to increase those melee and defensive skills while you are able to do so.

    Of course, you don't have to listen to me.  Just do what is fun to you.

    https://wiki.project1999.com/Druid

    Sounds good,

    I'm listening :)

    I created my character and went up the lift into the tree, that's all I did.  Someone that retired from my work place and wants to scout my land behind my house for hunting, I can't get into the game until after he leaves.

    Question about servers:
    I joined the blue PvE server, but noticed an EZ server that was equally populated..... What's that all about ?

    The EZ server is the easy server.  If you want the real EQ experience stay off of EZ.
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member UncommonPosts: 394
    Here's a pretty well done Class Guide on the p99 Wiki. It tells you the pros and cons of each class.
    https://wiki.project1999.com/Loraen's_Class_Selection_Guide

    Below is a snip from the guide, hope this helps Delete5230
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Loraen's Class Selection Guide

    There seems to be a new thread every other day on the forums about which set of minmaxing classes to play, so I thought I would chip in my two cents. I should mention first of all that I think the most important attributes for 'success' on Project 1999 (using this word in the loosest way possible) are: understand basic game mechanics, play a lot, and be nice. That being said, here are my opinions on each classes' strengths and weaknesses.

    Comparison

    The first four columns are the relative effectiveness. Money is the effectiveness at earning pp - by any means possible. Pop is the relative popularity, 25/50/60 is the relative strength at each level (for example enchanters are weak at lower levels and strong later while magicians are the opposite), Epic is the ease of getting your epic, Gear is gear dependence, and Actions is the amount of clicking. Good duos are your effectiveness purely as a duo; many other combinations (like Bard/Cleric) are very reasonable duos if you want to play with a friend and have an easy time forming groups. Everything else should be pretty self-explanatory.


     
  • cheyanecheyane EarthMember EpicPosts: 4,866
    Couple of pieces of advice for you. Firstly don't use mouselook while navigating on the ramps in Kelethin you will fall to your death. Lot of people cannot find their body after the fall so that can happen too because it is suspended in mid air so look up while searching for it.

    Secondly if you decide to play the druid  just bear in mind you will die a lot. It happens a lot in this game but don't give up. I think you will enjoy the game immensely once you reach around level 15 or so because your best spells come at level 14. 

    What's the name of your character if I'm around I can come buff you. Enjoy yourself. I really envy you the experience of playing this game for the first time. Wish I could but I can't.
    image
  • delete5230delete5230 Member RarePosts: 4,180
    cheyane said:
    Couple of pieces of advice for you. Firstly don't use mouselook while navigating on the ramps in Kelethin you will fall to your death. Lot of people cannot find their body after the fall so that can happen too because it is suspended in mid air so look up while searching for it.

    Secondly if you decide to play the druid  just bear in mind you will die a lot. It happens a lot in this game but don't give up. I think you will enjoy the game immensely once you reach around level 15 or so because your best spells come at level 14. 

    What's the name of your character if I'm around I can come buff you. Enjoy yourself. I really envy you the experience of playing this game for the first time. Wish I could but I can't.

    Well, I made a druid in Kelethin....... Sure I fell off the edge and could see my body if I was on the real ground,  yet when up in the tree I couldn't find it for the life of me.  Instead of starting over and the tree being so confusing because everything looked the same on all ramps. I decided to make a Shaman after reading shamans are better for all kinds of reasons.

    So I made a barbarian Shaman in Halas.  So yes, I started over again.  Hopefully I pined down what I want to be. Took awhile to figure out this new city, and found the killing field just outside.  But I seem weaker the low level spiders and such, now say challenging and are hard to kill.  Died a lot and only managed to kill like two.  Trying to figure out how to get more skills than the two it gives, in reading I should be able to have like 5 or 6 even at level 1, but the trainer doesn't seem to have Skills ? 

    I'm late for the Gym, so I have to go, will be on way later, just got married, and the new wife has a long list of things for me to do..... She doesn't understand the importance of EQ1. 

    Name is ddave, but I still don't understand the full chat system yet.... It's old school commands and it's been a long time..... now I'm real late, got to run.....
  • cheyanecheyane EarthMember EpicPosts: 4,866
    edited November 4
    That's why you make a macro /corpse. To drag the targetted corpse to you if you cannot reach it.

    Chat commands  /t is tell that is to talk to someone like whisper is in some games. So if you want to talk to Jeff you type /t Jeff then message. The press /r to reply anything if someone sends you a tell. You can use enter, shift + arrow up to see past messages you typed. You can just hit 't' or 'r' and it will automatically be /r and /t.

    /OOC is to speak out of character that you see in green. /shout is for red shouts like if you happen to be bringing a train and might kill people in the way  or asking for help. Make  macro for it for instance /shout Help! %t is on me . The %T is the target you currently have. /shout train to zone get on or out of the way. For group messages you place /g in the beginning like /g no more mana medding or /g incoming %t. The current chat window can be changed to any chat you want like say or group so that you don't have to keep typing /g to say something in group.

    There is an action bar 

    http://p99.yourfirefly.com/downloads/leewong/Leewong_customUI.jpg

     Look at the bottom right the actions see 4 icons on top the last one you can create macros. Create /loc and /corpse. Right click on an empty macro to customise it.I think the /loc might already be there by default. There are ten pages.  So ample space  to make macros. The crossed swords are your melee and ranged skills. Right click to pick more from what is available. The second are other skills you can put not related to combat like bind wound or sense heading.

    You can on the hot bar put your melee, secondary slot and even inventory slots by dragging and placing them on the hotbar for quick switching of weapons especially for a fighter class that switch weapons a lot or a bard for musical instruments.

    The EQ icon has actions as one of its commands and that opens the hotbars if you need more than one. There should be one there by default. I also changed all my keys to use 1-8 for my spells since I have a 12 button mouse I cast with my thumb on the numbers so easier if you reassign your keys. The hotbars have ten pages each and you have 4 hotbars you can activate which is way,way more than you'll ever need. 

    Not sure how you played other games but you must customize your ui so that you can be comfortable with it.


    A video might help you




    Halas might be a bit deserted too. You need to check every vendor in the shaman guild to find the spells and the disease , poison spells are on a vendor out in Everfrost on a platform and not in Halas. Do the quests in Halas the bearskin one gives you armour the spider fungus gives you level 5 spells which means you will not need to buy them. Sometimes people sell the extra copies of their spells from rewards to the merchants nearby so check them too. Also do the goblin necklaces quest from the warrior guild and there is  a magical hammer quest in the shaman guild but it requires you to travel to Qeynos which means going through Blackburrow but many people especially farm there for gnoll fangs so it might be clear.

    Kelethin and Greater Faydwer is a much more populated area with many groups to be had and since Crushbone is nearby you will get to experience your first dungeon too. Although Blackburrow is close to Halas there aren't as many people there and often you might be the only low level about. watch out for the Vengeful skellies.

    Post edited by cheyane on
    image
  • kitaradkitarad RomeMember EpicPosts: 3,700
    If you get a chance visit Steamfont Mountians and Ak'anon because the clockwork are amazing creations and I feel rather sad that this place is largely ignored even by the gnomes themselves. 

  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member UncommonPosts: 394
    edited November 4
    /say for speaking locally 
    /g for speaking to your group
    /gu for speaking to your guild
    /shout to shout to whole zone
    /ooc to ooc to whole zone
    /em to emote
    /tell (persons name) to send tell 
    /auction to sell items

    Create some extra chat windows and have the incoming chats separated using the filter. I myself have a window for Main (all the stuff left over after I have separated the chats) then a Group/Tell then one for OOC/Shout one for Auction then a battle one for all melee and spell info. I use Duxa UI as well and like it.  
    Post edited by Gyva02 on
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAMember RarePosts: 27,395

    This mmo from 1999:
    So far I only played to level 3 ( started over once, and RL life situations ).  This old game from 1999 is NOT HOLDING MY HAND. I'm spending a lot of time studying this game because it has extreme dept.


    lol .. as if camping static spawn needs hand-holding. You are wasting your time studying a *game*? wow ....

    Your just mad because it doesn't have a 3X damage axe and a cash shop like Black Desert Online :)
    nah .. i was still amused by how the two words "studying" and "game" are used in one sentence. 


  • delete5230delete5230 Member RarePosts: 4,180
    Gyva02 said:
    /say for speaking locally 
    /g for speaking to your group
    /gu for speaking to your guild
    /shout to shout to whole zone
    /ooc to ooc to whole zone
    /em to emote
    /tell (persons name) to send tell 
    /auction to sell items

    Create some extra chat windows and have the incoming chats separated using the filter. I myself have a window for Main (all the stuff left over after I have separated the chats) then a Group/Tell then one for OOC/Shout one for Auction then a battle one for all melee and spell info. I use Duxa UI as well and like it.  

    Good stuff here,
    I still have to set up the chat windows for fast response using filters and chat boxes. As it stands the chat mixed with everything else are not user friendly. 

    This will be a priority soon after I narrow down the character and combat.  I want a good chat only box !
    Gyva02
  • delete5230delete5230 Member RarePosts: 4,180
    edited November 5
    cheyane said:
    That's why you make a macro /corpse. To drag the targetted corpse to you if you cannot reach it.

    Chat commands  /t is tell that is to talk to someone like whisper is in some games. So if you want to talk to Jeff you type /t Jeff then message. The press /r to reply anything if someone sends you a tell. You can use enter, shift + arrow up to see past messages you typed. You can just hit 't' or 'r' and it will automatically be /r and /t.

    /OOC is to speak out of character that you see in green. /shout is for red shouts like if you happen to be bringing a train and might kill people in the way  or asking for help. Make  macro for it for instance /shout Help! %t is on me . The %T is the target you currently have. /shout train to zone get on or out of the way. For group messages you place /g in the beginning like /g no more mana medding or /g incoming %t. The current chat window can be changed to any chat you want like say or group so that you don't have to keep typing /g to say something in group.

    There is an action bar 

    http://p99.yourfirefly.com/downloads/leewong/Leewong_customUI.jpg

     Look at the bottom right the actions see 4 icons on top the last one you can create macros. Create /loc and /corpse. Right click on an empty macro to customise it.I think the /loc might already be there by default. There are ten pages.  So ample space  to make macros. The crossed swords are your melee and ranged skills. Right click to pick more from what is available. The second are other skills you can put not related to combat like bind wound or sense heading.

    You can on the hot bar put your melee, secondary slot and even inventory slots by dragging and placing them on the hotbar for quick switching of weapons especially for a fighter class that switch weapons a lot or a bard for musical instruments.

    The EQ icon has actions as one of its commands and that opens the hotbars if you need more than one. There should be one there by default. I also changed all my keys to use 1-8 for my spells since I have a 12 button mouse I cast with my thumb on the numbers so easier if you reassign your keys. The hotbars have ten pages each and you have 4 hotbars you can activate which is way,way more than you'll ever need. 

    Not sure how you played other games but you must customize your ui so that you can be comfortable with it.


    A video might help you




    Halas might be a bit deserted too. You need to check every vendor in the shaman guild to find the spells and the disease , poison spells are on a vendor out in Everfrost on a platform and not in Halas. Do the quests in Halas the bearskin one gives you armour the spider fungus gives you level 5 spells which means you will not need to buy them. Sometimes people sell the extra copies of their spells from rewards to the merchants nearby so check them too. Also do the goblin necklaces quest from the warrior guild and there is  a magical hammer quest in the shaman guild but it requires you to travel to Qeynos which means going through Blackburrow but many people especially farm there for gnoll fangs so it might be clear.

    Kelethin and Greater Faydwer is a much more populated area with many groups to be had and since Crushbone is nearby you will get to experience your first dungeon too. Although Blackburrow is close to Halas there aren't as many people there and often you might be the only low level about. watch out for the Vengeful skellies.


    I'm concerned about being a Barbarian and starting in Halas.  I've read Barbarians are better than humans for Shamans.  I still have room to start over, because once I narrow things down, I'll start rolling. The Kelething starting area seems very tempting.

    One funny thing.  In all my research, every class description speaks more negative than positive for every class !

    I'm having a hard time deciding taking into account,
    - Able to solo when needed. 
    - Wanted by groups. 
    - Starting areas.
    - What I want to play.
    Post edited by delete5230 on
  • kitaradkitarad RomeMember EpicPosts: 3,700
    Humans cannot be Shamans only ogre,troll,iksar and barbarian.

  • delete5230delete5230 Member RarePosts: 4,180
    kitarad said:
    Humans cannot be Shamans only ogre,troll,iksar and barbarian.

    OK, I'm sure your right. 

    What about a monk, they seem to have a lot of positives, but they could be expected to tank in some cases.  I don't like tanking.

    Even Clerics, I like healing, but concerned about minor solo play.
  • kitaradkitarad RomeMember EpicPosts: 3,700
    You liked the druid right ? Look Kelethin is not that hard. Firstly get a piece of paper and on it write down three lifts. One for the priest of discord or newbie lift. The other lift close to it and finally the orc lift which we will ignore for now. Use the ramp on the newbie lift and learn what is close to it by using each ramp. Write it down or draw it out. 

    Once you can recognize these things you should have no problems. You really depended on maps and GPS before in your other games for you to be this lost in this one. Learn to recognize the names of NPCs and shops as landmarks.

    You can try the monk . Iksar and human can be monks. You'll be expected to pull and must learn dungeon layouts and mob timers. If you cannot even figure out navigating Kelethin I doubt you will be able to play the monk properly and as a melee class with no spell like gate to get out you will have to run everywhere.

    Looks like this game might be too hard for you.

  • delete5230delete5230 Member RarePosts: 4,180
    edited November 5
    kitarad said:
    You liked the druid right ? Look Kelethin is not that hard. Firstly get a piece of paper and on it write down three lifts. One for the priest of discord or newbie lift. The other lift close to it and finally the orc lift which we will ignore for now. Use the ramp on the newbie lift and learn what is close to it by using each ramp. Write it down or draw it out. 

    Once you can recognize these things you should have no problems. You really depended on maps and GPS before in your other games for you to be this lost in this one. Learn to recognize the names of NPCs and shops as landmarks.

    You can try the monk . Iksar and human can be monks. You'll be expected to pull and must learn dungeon layouts and mob timers. If you cannot even figure out navigating Kelethin I doubt you will be able to play the monk properly and as a melee class with no spell like gate to get out you will have to run everywhere.

    Looks like this game might be too hard for you.

    OK,

    I'll have to make a firm commitment. I'll go back to Druid, what chased me off is all the reading of being weak at mid to high levels, then no one wants them in group.  This is what happens when you read too deeply. 

    Then navigating around Kelething, this isn't really a big deal, I'm old school enough to make the paper maps, infact I used to view this as fun ! 

    I respect you peoples advice. 

    As far as this game being too hard, putting my pride aside.... Maybe !.... I'll give it a good shot and once "I finally get rolling" I'll fix up my chat and rely more on the community.  I view EQ1 as having two parts.  Starting is complicated, And the game itself.  I haven't got very far to see the second half. 

    I'm also trying to find the time to play. I haven't played more than 45 minuet clips, and today is gym, then a birthday party.  Soon I'll be rolling with time also, just some bad luck. 
    Post edited by delete5230 on
  • cheyanecheyane EarthMember EpicPosts: 4,866
    edited November 5
    It is hard and don't be ashamed to admit that it is daunting. However it is very rewarding once you overcome the difficulties in the beginning and begin advancing you will see why having to struggle and learn and play this game makes it an unforgettable experience.

    The Human Druid starts in Surefall Glade which is near Qeynos and again the place is quite deserted but you can avoid the dreaded ramps of Kelethin ;) Or play a high elf magician and still play in Faydwer . People give ports to newbies out of areas so you could start in Qeynos and get a port out but keep in mind the guilds for  a druid that is the trainer and your spell merchants are only in Surefall or Kelethin.

    Don't give up I promise you it is well worth it.
    Post edited by cheyane on
    Gyva02
    image
  • delete5230delete5230 Member RarePosts: 4,180
    cheyane said:
    It is hard and don't be ashamed to admit that it is daunting. However it is very rewarding once you overcome the difficulties in the beginning and begin advancing you will see why having to struggle and learn and play this game makes it an unforgettable experience.

    The Human Druid starts in Surefall Glade which is near Qeynos and again the place is quite deserted but you can avoid the dreaded ramps of Kelethin ;) Or play a high elf magician and still play in Faydwer . People give ports to newbies out of areas so you could start in Qeynos and get a port out but keep in mind the guilds for  a druid that is the trainer and your spell merchants are only in Surefall or Kelethin.

    Don't give up I promise you it is well worth it.

    Kelethin Druid it is, I'm done reading class balance stuff. 

    As far as being rewarding, I totally believe that !  This experience so far is as exciting for the unknown as I was in 2004 World of Warcraft. Taking into account I barely moved yet !! 

    What's out there :)
  • NeanderthalNeanderthal Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

    Druid really is a good starting class and the Greater Faydark / Crushbone area is more populated than the Halas / Qeynos region.

    Don't feel bad about getting lost in Kelethin.  With one of my first characters in EQ I got lost in Qeynos and couldn't find my way out to the newbie field for literally over an hour.  But you gradually learn your way around. 

     I'll admit if I logged into P99 and went to Kelethin I would still have trouble finding certain things.  But I never have played a wood elf so I guess that's my excuse.  I know how to get to the bank and a few other places and that's all I've ever really needed.

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAMember RarePosts: 27,395
    cheyane said:


    Don't give up I promise you it is well worth it.
    lol .. camping static spawn again, again, and again is "worth it"? 

    I suppose everyone has a different definition of "worth it". 
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member UncommonPosts: 394
    edited November 5
    The p99 wiki is your best friend you'll be referring to it constantly.  Here is the race page that tells you the classes each race can be.
    https://wiki.project1999.com/Character_Races 
     
    On the left side of the screen are all the tabs for different categories of info, the class one is nice if you are new.
    https://wiki.project1999.com/Classes

    Also this one on Game Mechanics is a must read as well.  https://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mechanics

    One more for you here, if you have to have a map they are in the zones tab on the left hand side of the wiki, these should help if you are on your Druid 

    Kelethin https://wiki.project1999.com/Kelethin

    Greater Faydark https://wiki.project1999.com/Greater_Faydark

    Post edited by Gyva02 on
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member UncommonPosts: 394
    cheyane said:


    Don't give up I promise you it is well worth it.
    lol .. camping static spawn again, again, and again is "worth it"? 

    I suppose everyone has a different definition of "worth it". 
    Many path inside the zone and some will only spawn after a completion of tasks, some only spawn at a certain time of day. They are not all completely static, but some are... 
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Greenwich, CTMember RarePosts: 4,116
    I think I have Greater Faydark and Kelethin embedded in my head and I haven't played the game in many years lol.  It just shows how much time I spend there on different characters.  I can mostly remember how to navigate the entire original world.

    I do recall Druids having a bit of a difficult time finding groups.  They have a few things to offer like heals, CC, teleports, and food.  The good thing is they can be really self-sufficient.  If you like to travel around easily and quickly Druid is probably the best class once they get to level 14 (Spirit of the Wolf) and level 19 you get your first teleportation spell.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member RarePosts: 4,180
    Flyte27 said:
    I think I have Greater Faydark and Kelethin embedded in my head and I haven't played the game in many years lol.  It just shows how much time I spend there on different characters.  I can mostly remember how to navigate the entire original world.

    I do recall Druids having a bit of a difficult time finding groups.  They have a few things to offer like heals, CC, teleports, and food.  The good thing is they can be really self-sufficient.  If you like to travel around easily and quickly Druid is probably the best class once they get to level 14 (Spirit of the Wolf) and level 19 you get your first teleportation spell.

    Still not able to play much, but it's been on my mind a lot.  After watching a few starter videos, I realize its not me.  At level 1 everything kind of hits hard, just have to be mindful.  This morning I got to level 3 and it's getting easer.  I made a friend and she gave me a bag, forget how many slots, but we had a good conversation too. 

    I'm waiting to get another level or two before I loose site of the lifts going up to Kelethin trees. Don't want to get lost with being too weak.... And yes, I'm sticking with the Druid... The name is ddave if anyone cares.  

    I set up the sense heading and have it activated with my A button.  I'm a little disappointed because I thought I would get a compass on the top of my screen, but that must be some kind of add on I've seen on some Youtubes. 

    I know big deal level 3 but I spent a lot of time screwing around with the UI, Classes and starting areas.   
  • Flyte27Flyte27 Greenwich, CTMember RarePosts: 4,116
    Yeah classic EQ is old school. 

    Sense Heading just gives you a text message.  That was part of the charm of the game though.  Most people just created mental maps or used landmarks.  Getting lost was part of the adventure so to speak.

    The low levels can be difficult.  Certain spells at certain levels will make you feel powerful for a while.  You might find the game a little dull until you get spells like harmony for single pulling.  All classes are like that though.  Once you have the spells snare, spirit of the wolf, and stinging swarm you can kite most mobs that don't cast spells outdoors.  I recall Druids that were crafty could even stretch their mana out enough to kill red conned mobs which in EQ generally doesn't happen solo.  I'm not sure if you can do this in P99, but in original EQ there were no mob leashes and they would follow you forever.  This meant you could snare something, damage over time it (stining swarm), run to the other end of the zone with spirit of the wolf and meditate until the mob got to you.  Then you could rinse and repeat until the mob was dead.

    It's easy to get killed in the early game since you are basically meleeing.  Cast spells that buff your defense and give you a damage shield.  Heal when needed.  In EQ it was a bit tricky to self-heal because you had to target yourself instead of the mob and then switch back to the mob.  This was changed in games like World of Warcraft.  I remember dying a few times because I thought I was targeting the mob or vice versa and I wasn't.  I would say find a place you enjoy camping that is close to some guards and run there if you get into trouble.  If you are in a dungeon stay near the entrance until you get used to it so you can zone out if you get into trouble.

    I don't if there is bind in P99, but once you get the bind spell you can bind yourself close to where you are fighting so that if you die you don't have to run a long ways back to your body.
Sign In or Register to comment.