Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny 2 questions!

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
Hey folks, couple of Destiny 2 questions.  Is this a true MMO?  What do you do in game, solo and with other players?  How twitchy is the combat?  Thanks!

Comments

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    watch twitch and ask your questions when guys play;)
    bigdaddygamer is nice he plays Destiny ask him questions.
  • esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097
    I'd say not an MMO. I've only seen a max of about 10 people in the same place, "Raids" are 6 people it seems. Combat is pretty twitchy, you keep running and gunning, but not that difficult from my experience in the open world content and the Strike (3 players) I did in beta. Though I prefer MMORPGs and I'm loving it.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Its not an MMO, the multiplayer aspect of the game is very limited, more so than most other games that have multiplayer, even worse there are no game servers, its all peer to peer same as it was with For Honour and we all know how well that worked. :/
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    It feels like Borderlands 3 basically.  Imo that's a good thing.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It's like ant intergalactic version of The Division only with less content.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BananaSoupBananaSoup Member UncommonPosts: 180
    ..,.and way better gameplay and raids that are more than bullet-sponge-fests.
    Phry
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    The game is okay feels like Borderlands to me but gets boring, also what I hate is the scripted events make the game feel a bit unrealistic to me, and the character models are kinda crap.

Other than that the game is okay I would say its worth buying just not a AAA+ game.
    RexKushman
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    ..,.and way better gameplay and raids that are more than bullet-sponge-fests.
    Bullet Sponge Fests? isn't that something Destiny and The Division actually have in common? I can only think that you probably haven't played one of the games in question and so are not aware of the similarities, not that i would accuse The Division of being overly burdened with content, but certainly Destiny 2 is suffering from a lack of it which is why player numbers fell off a cliff after a month as people had literally finished the game. :p
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Osiris started today and The Division's expansion.  D2 feels about the same they just made it a little more difficult to get around on Mercury.  Stuff is dying a lot faster in TD which is nice but more waves of NPCs that seem to re-spawn faster,  very engaging.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey