Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TwitchCon Stream (Reveals by Inference)

ZuljanZuljan Member UncommonPosts: 123
Some players on the dev forums authored a post detailing information about the game we can infer by closely monitoring the TwitchCon stream I thought some might find interesting:

If you mised it, here is the link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RuyuiBkrX8

1. Group size is currently 6

2. Warrior abilities [by level 17]
    a) Taunt [Taunt your target to attack you, generating increased threat for 3 secs]
    b) Bash [Bash your target, doing physical damage and a small chance to interrupt]
    c) Kick [Kick your target, dealing physical damage] 
    d) Angering Blow [A physical strike that angers your target, causing additional threat]
    e) Shoulder Crash [Slam into your target, dealing physical damage with a chance to interrupt]

3. Naked Corpse runs are currently in.
    a) Your group 'directions' do not reveal your corpse
    b) Corpses can (possibly) be revealed by a vertical light [09:29]

4. Corpse Looting:
    a) Corpse appearance is that of a skeletal version of your race
    b) Uses a 'character item' loot box (paper doll) instead of a regular mob loot bag.
    c) There is a 'Take All' button allowing you to loot all your gear at once
        "Take All" option equips gear as was set at death [Bazgrim]

5. Some patrolling mobs do not just walk, but can jog instead.

6. Character Select screen: [03:00 mins]
    a) Has UI space for 20 characters
    b) Has 'auto' attribute assignment for stats 
    c) Stats: Strength, Stamina, Agility, Dexterity, Constitution, Wisdom, Intelligence, Charisma 
        these Stats have default values of 8 [Vjek]
    d) Visual body sliders: Height, Nose Size, Nose tilt, Ear Size, Cheek Size, Lip Size, Eye Size, 
          Brow height, Skin Color, Eye Color, Hair Style [Vjek]

7. Upon death, you can choose to 'release' and return to bind, naked.

8. Wizards appear to have a (self?) (movement) speed buff
    "Convo is surrounded by a brief lupine aura"
    This line of speed buffs is (currently) castable on others [Bazgrim]

9. Character paper doll shows:
   a) 'switch arrows' to allows 'gear sets' (?) [10:13]

10. Camp/exit has a delay while 'You begin to set up camp' [10:13]

11. Shaman Spells
    a) Grip of Shade [(Boon) Increase Strength and Stamina (5) for 24 mins] [14:11]
    b) Toxic Spray [(Bane) Inflicts nature damage over 24 secs]
    c) Virulent Tempers [Combine water and animus banes to to inflict nature damage (145-160)]
    d) Searing Choker [(Bane) Inflicts Nature damage over 24 secs]
    e) Reptillian Shroud [(Boon) Increase poison and disease resistance (10) for 24 mins]
    f) Grip of the Crags [(Boon)  Increase Strength and Stamina (5) for 24 mins] [14:27]
    g) Black Smoke [Combine Fire and Wind banes to slow (20%) an enemy for 60 secs] [14:27]

SlyLoKKilsin[Deleted User]Kumaponjimmywolf

Comments

• KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    Credit to Evoras for the keen eye ;)
    Zuljan
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Watched the whole video and have only 1 question. 

What kind of Keyboard and Mouse setup is the guy using that's playing the game? ;)
    Zuljan
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Man that is depressing,the Warrior looks like an exact copy of the EQ franchise.
    I never liked the paltry timers they used and seems they have learned nothing.A 3 second taunt,why even bother?This tells me their hate meters are not done well at all.

Hate SHOULD be done with a diminishing effect over time,not some 3 seconds and it is like it never happened.I feared exactly this because after several renditions of basically the same team and ideas from EQ1>VG ,i saw no changes and nothing learned.

Without putting a lot of thought into it and exact numbers,i will just give an example of how to do it properly...better.

I can't even explain it without 4 paragraphs because it needs to be number crunched versus dps and healing.Anyhow an example would 1500 taunt that lasts for 15 seconds with nothing else done and diminishes at 100 per/sec.So using this example,after say 7 seconds the Warrior would have only 800 hate left while DPS is generating perhaps 3 hits of 200 each,so the gap is narrowed.So for the next 8 seconds before the Warrior gets taunt back,the dps players have to be careful.

There are just sooooo many factors,like some classes should have heavy spike damage,perhaps a player>player combo that does high dmg and also draws similar hate ,so maybe 500 dmg /combo generating 500 hate.

Like i said it takes way too many scenarios to explain it encounter by encounter,that is why it takes a lot of work to make a great combat system.Simple 2 sec timers like i am used to with SOE/Brad are a complete waste of time,you can maybe react with 1 possible ability utilizing that timer ,it actually creates a very SPAMMY type combat.I remember playing Shadowknight and just spamming 8-10 hotbar icons over 10 seconds,it was not well designed.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I get a very distinct feeling he might be importing some exact code from VG/EQ and just tweaking a few numbers.
    I was hoping combat/mechanics/abilities would be a lot more creative.
    Mikeha

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ZuljanZuljan Member UncommonPosts: 123
    edited October 2017
    Wizardry said:
    Man that is depressing,the Warrior looks like an exact copy of the EQ franchise.
    I never liked the paltry timers they used and seems they have learned nothing.A 3 second taunt,why even bother?This tells me their hate meters are not done well at all.

Hate SHOULD be done with a diminishing effect over time,not some 3 seconds and it is like it never happened.I feared exactly this because after several renditions of basically the same team and ideas from EQ1>VG ,i saw no changes and nothing learned.

Without putting a lot of thought into it and exact numbers,i will just give an example of how to do it properly...better.

I can't even explain it without 4 paragraphs because it needs to be number crunched versus dps and healing.Anyhow an example would 1500 taunt that lasts for 15 seconds with nothing else done and diminishes at 100 per/sec.So using this example,after say 7 seconds the Warrior would have only 800 hate left while DPS is generating perhaps 3 hits of 200 each,so the gap is narrowed.So for the next 8 seconds before the Warrior gets taunt back,the dps players have to be careful.

There are just sooooo many factors,like some classes should have heavy spike damage,perhaps a player>player combo that does high dmg and also draws similar hate ,so maybe 500 dmg /combo generating 500 hate.

Like i said it takes way too many scenarios to explain it encounter by encounter,that is why it takes a lot of work to make a great combat system.Simple 2 sec timers like i am used to with SOE/Brad are a complete waste of time,you can maybe react with 1 possible ability utilizing that timer ,it actually creates a very SPAMMY type combat.I remember playing Shadowknight and just spamming 8-10 hotbar icons over 10 seconds,it was not well designed.
    Pre-alpha hasn't even started yet; couldn't it be possible they just put those rudimentary skills in there to satisfy the basic necessities of the streams?  :o  

I would imagine fleshing out all of the class skills/spells is not at the top of the priority list before launching pre-alpha, especially when only half of the classes are even in the game. At 17, the EQ warrior had more skills and even a couple spells. The shaman in the stream was level 50, with 5 spells or so. Must be the finished product. 
    Thunder073[Deleted User]jimmywolf