Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can whales save us from the loot box incursion?

AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
Interesting video I was watching today, even though I'm not really sure if 20k$ over 5 years spent on games qualifies as being a whale or not.

Interesting point was though that maybe whales do have a line that devs/publishers can cross and maybe the randomness of loot boxes is the key to at least slowing them especially if they become more linked to progression/character growth.

Also I'm curious to know what amount everyone considers to be whale level.
Gdemami

Comments

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    edited October 2017
    The majority of whales support loot boxes though.  I've known whales who buy a stack of loot boxes and then give them out one by one as presents or bribes to other players, or who just open 50 in a row, or who pay top dollar for that mount or costume they want from another player's opened loot box.
    FrodoFragins
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    edited October 2017
    Whale Whale Whale !

Whale this is true, but I spend money in LOL, DOTA 2, and Over Watch simply because I must have that Dragon Skin from this Haloween FUS RO DAH !

For me its gotta have the awesome stuff try spending $300 in Arche Age for one costume and never getting it lol.

Going to have to drop $100 down on League to get all the super galaxy skins next...
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,915
    By the time their line is drawn the damage to the genre will be irreversible.
    [Deleted User]Gdemami