Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waiting for Pantheon...what to play?

teratyateratya Member UncommonPosts: 347
Been out of the MMO game for a while. Last played were ESO and ArcheAge....love sandbox high fantasy realms like Vanguard...any suggestions of games to play while I wait?

John - "Looks like your going to have to close it yourself, SHITTY!!!!"

Comments

• btdtbtdt Member RarePosts: 523
    Best advice?  Play the game you hate the most... then when Pantheon actually does ship, it will be all the sweeter.
    Xarko
  • DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392
    It's not sandbox but I'm playing EverQuest Project 1999 until Pantheon because I can't take any of these new MMOs.  It's really fun again to have a slow challenge with real quests to track down.  You can make it more fun if you stay off the internet and don't let over helpful people twink you out too much.

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited October 2017
    teratya said:
    Been out of the MMO game for a while. Last played were ESO and ArcheAge....love sandbox high fantasy realms like Vanguard...any suggestions of games to play while I wait?
    You could look into trying out Project Gorgon, I think its in alpha/beta and is free to test. https://projectgorgon.com/ I only put the link so you dont get the gorgon project by Chevron by mistake lol

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    edited October 2017
    Well the release of Pantheon is definitely still a long time away.

You'll probably be able to play a lot of games until then.

About MMO, I dunno. Runescape ?

But also: Stellaris ? Playerunknown's Battlegrounds ? Theres a lot of good games out there, depending upon your personal taste.

You could also play old games of course. Personally I always wanted to try Arcanum but I never got around to it.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    wait .. you are out of mmo and you don't not know what to play?

I would suggest www. pcgamer.com. They talk about PC games, you know.

Or you can just binge the MCU shows on netflix. Video games are not the only good entertainment. 
  • jpedrote52jpedrote52 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    If you can handle the outdated graphics P99 is the way to go, or the EQ1 progression servers. If you want something more recent I have no suggestions sry
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Gothic 3......... Just found it last night before I went to bed ( just began studying it).

Open world where you have to find npc's around the world to teach you stuff.  Lots of people compare it to Skyrim and completely open world and no load screens.  It's an older game but the combat and everything looks great, including graphics.  Very faction and reputation based, so you better watch what you say to npc's, seams this is extremely important.

Only $10 on Steam.