Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inn-side Story #22: A New Type of Multiplayer Game - Sea of Thieves Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2017 in Videos Discussion

imageInn-side Story #22: A New Type of Multiplayer Game - Sea of Thieves Videos - MMORPG.com

Rare is back with another edition of the Sea of Thieves Inn-side Story, this time detailing how the team is working to create a unique multiplayer experience that is friendly, both to those who love that type of experience and to those who've maybe become jaded over the years.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    edited October 2017
    Dunno. I was really intrigued by this one but then I joined the open beta for XBO and found it to be pretty dull and disinteresting. Hopefully I'll get to try it out on the PC at some point, but as of now it's kind of moved off my list.

It kind of reminded me of Guns Of Icarus but with the ability of some random crew member to jump overboard and swim off into the sea and abandon his team.

Some of these ideas sound good... but I'll have to try it again before buying it.
    AlomarJamesGoblinLeFantome

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692
    MMO are dead.
    Aztok

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193

LeFantome said:

MMO are dead.

If you truly believe that then leave. Why do people insist on spreading their hate all the time?
    SBFord
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    All I was doing was keeping out water with a bucket and fix holes with wooden planks :O 20 min long, after that I exit.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Yeah this strikes me as the kind of game that looks amazing in trailers and then dog shit when you actually play it
    BruceYee
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220
    Game is really fun, I'm in the alpha testing this weekend. I've sunk 20 hours so far into the Alpha and I still go back for more, can't wait to see what they end up releasing as a finished product. It's one of the smoothest alphas ive ever taken part in and holy crap the water in the game is the best water I've ever seen in a video game.
    Kyleran
  • tofuknighttofuknight Member UncommonPosts: 15
    edited October 2017
    i was invited to this weekend's alpha testing, i want to say first of all before everything, the graphic is amazing. you could just be looking at the view for few hour and not get bored. Yet, the game play is a bit dull and simple, all one is to do is get treasure map and go find the treasure and sell them. although the treasure map come both in picture and riddle format so you do need to solve them, but i just cant help to feel bored after lets say 6-7 treasure map hunting. maybe it'll be better if i got to see other ship and fight them, but i havent able to. but one has to think that is almost a year since alpha started and is still at alpha with minimal things to do, can this game really be successful, i mean with this progression, it might easily get over take by skull and bones by ubi (although Ubi is always cool looking trailer but shit when game comes out)
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Dragnelus said:
    All I was doing was keeping out water with a bucket and fix holes with wooden planks :O 20 min long, after that I exit.
    Lol welcome to the crew, ya scallywag!

• FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    edited October 2017

LeFantome said:

MMO are dead.

If you truly believe that then leave. Why do people insist on spreading their hate all the time?

LOL why would you even bother responding to shit bait. Only people who like shit get baited by it.
    Post edited by Frammshamm on
  • goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220
    i was invited to this weekend's alpha testing, i want to say first of all before everything, the graphic is amazing. you could just be looking at the view for few hour and not get bored. Yet, the game play is a bit dull and simple, all one is to do is get treasure map and go find the treasure and sell them. although the treasure map come both in picture and riddle format so you do need to solve them, but i just cant help to feel bored after lets say 6-7 treasure map hunting. maybe it'll be better if i got to see other ship and fight them, but i havent able to. but one has to think that is almost a year since alpha started and is still at alpha with minimal things to do, can this game really be successful, i mean with this progression, it might easily get over take by skull and bones by ubi (although Ubi is always cool looking trailer but shit when game comes out)
    lol that you expect a full game of content in an alpha test.
    Dolnor
  • tofuknighttofuknight Member UncommonPosts: 15

goobsnews said:

lol that you expect a full game of content in an alpha test.

i didnt say i expect a full game, i said it has been a year now, but there is no improvement compare to 1 year ago that there is only one thing to do
    BruceYee
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Quite good and fun, need more MP progression to be more persistent, moving away from the match-up with other players and play every time you join in, really would like to see it more open ended :)
  • DolnorDolnor Member UncommonPosts: 32
    Sea of Thieves have announced a release date of March 20, 2018. They released a video during The Game Awards.

TQQdles™