Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon's October Newsletter

ZuljanZuljan Member UncommonPosts: 123
Normally a couple different people in the Pantheon community will post the newsletter link, but I had a lot of fun reading it this month and wanted to get right to it. Even to an art layman, I found the passion and devotion of the artists and animators to be inspirational. It was interesting to see the protocol of their design from the ground up, and how they treat the design process with such cultural, historical, and even topographical detail/consistency akin to any historical/indigenous tribe you'd read about in Anthropology. Reading about the progress of the Aunchai and Elves was exciting as well, along with the other 3-4 zones mentioned. 

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/7078/get-october-s-newsletter-while-it-s-hot

AmatheKilsin

Comments

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    Pantheon Halflings :) 

AmatheKilsin
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I want a shoulder fox. If there actually is one, that could induce me to roll my first halfling ever. 
    [Deleted User]KilsinXarko

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ZuljanZuljan Member UncommonPosts: 123
    I'd never play a halfling, but these are honestly the best/coolest halfings I've ever seen; both visually and by lore...love how it seems to be a theme that there are 2-3 subraces within each race..so much culture/immersion..
    SovrathKilsin
  • Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    lol, couldn't resist... 

[Deleted User]ZombieCatZuljanKilsinKxelem
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    I just want to know why she is so calm while her hair is on fire.
    KilsinGyva02[Deleted User]

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    edited October 2017
    Halfling natives. 

All fine and good for a pretty traditional fantasy game which it is trying to be but I'd really just like to see a developer not be afraid to make a native human race. Humans are literally nature too, but we typically just see elves or shaved Ewoks to represent this in games instead of truly honoring our true roots.

Granted the game is called Pantheon and not Evolution.
    Mendel

You stay sassy!

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    At least the EQ halflings are from in-game assets, not conceptual art.  No one buys a game for the conceptual art.  (Well maybe, they do with Pantheon).  I expect anyone who is being paid for their artwork to be capable of producing a decent picture in traditional materials.  Let's see how well they do with pixels.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    So far, models in game have been basically identical to the concept art.

dcutbi001ZuljanKilsinSheawanna

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Dullahan said:

Lies. The beastie on the right clearly has darker areolas. 
    Robsolf

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    Amathe said:
    Dullahan said:

Lies. The beastie on the right clearly has darker areolas. 
    Might be preggers...
    AmatheZuljan