Community Spotlight Details Halfling Race & More - Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 25,454
edited October 13 in News & Features Discussion

imageCommunity Spotlight Details Halfling Race & More - Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - MMORPG.com

Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen News - The latest Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Community Newsletter has been posted that most notably includes the first information about the Halfling race. In addition, the Art and Animation team provides and update and community member 'Saicred' is interviewed.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Currently reading: The Unwomanly Face of War  ~Svetlana Alexievich (recommended)
                             The Inheritance Trilogy
~NK Jemisin

Comments

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKMember LegendaryPosts: 16,694
    I don't see any hair on those feet
    sarielisonelesslight
  • jpedrote52jpedrote52 Member UncommonPosts: 53

DMKano said:

They shave
  • WellspringWellspring Charlotte, NCMember RarePosts: 455
    Pointy ears?
    --------------------------------------------
  • HighMarshalHighMarshal Huntsville, ALMember UncommonPosts: 364

DMKano said:

Because they are Halflings and not Hobbits?
    SovrathTorval
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 22,883

DMKano said:

Because they are Halflings and not Hobbits?
    I think that's a start in the right direction. Never liked the whole "hair on the feet" thing.
    Torval

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,443
    The source article is a good read.

I like this quote from Jared their senior concept artist, "While still being deep lovers of nature as one expects of this trope, Pantheon Halflings have a wild edge that sets them apart. They embrace a very literal and visceral affinity with nature, wearing furs and hides with plant and animal adornments both. As such they carry into the game with highly tribal design sensibilities, very different to the Halflings we've come to expect from books and film."

And this one from Justin the lead writer, "But what's really different about them, aside from hairless feet and a town in the trees? For me it's their childlike exuberance. Because of the curse they are old, almost haunted souls, yet they've overcome it with a smile, a song, and a razor sharp appetite for hunting wraiths. This is their normal, and it's quite different."

The screenshots of the character models are also worth a look. They look good.

The back story is interesting. I'm interested to see how that develops and matures. I think how well that works depends on the details, who the tormentor is, why, and the curse. I'm not sure if the curse thing works for me. Being cursed sort of implies, especially in fantasy worlds, that one can become uncursed which I doubt is an option. But even if it was what would the uncursed state be like? They should redo the curse concept.
    Notice: The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Album: Plastic Fantastic
    Featured Tracks: Decline and Fall, Time & Space, I Go Crazy (bonus track on digital release)