Ashes of Malmouth Expansion Launches - Grim Dawn - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 26,116
edited October 12 in News & Features Discussion

imageAshes of Malmouth Expansion Launches - Grim Dawn - MMORPG.com

Grim Dawn News - In case you missed it yesterday, Grim Dawn has expanded with the Ashes of Malmouth DLC. Some of the notable features include a level cap increase, two new class masteries (Necromancer & Inquisitor), two new story chapters, four new factions, new constellations, new items / skill modifiers, a rogue-like dungeon, a larger stash and much more.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• xMatrusxMatrus GreeceMember UncommonPosts: 39
    Can i play without the expansion?I will buy this game because its on sale and maybe later this great expansion.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAMember RarePosts: 3,557
    xMatrus said:
    Can i play without the expansion?I will buy this game because its on sale and maybe later this great expansion.
    Yes, you can play Grim Dawn without the expansion. You just can't partake in anything the expansion offers until you buy it. The game is really fun for an ARPG, if you like those types of games I say give it a shot. It's good.
    xMatrusSBForddrivendawn
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne UKMember RarePosts: 3,530
    That was a sneaky launch.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • CazrielCazriel San Francisco, CAMember UncommonPosts: 246
    Just plays beautifully. Necromancer is a blast to play. Combat is smooth and fluid. Really enjoying it. And, yes indeed. A lot more stash. Thank you, Crate. (Sniffs at Diablo 3.)
  • drivendawndrivendawn montgomery, ALMember RarePosts: 2,019
    Bought it the other day and got to play it tonight. So far I am really liking inquisitor/demolitionist. :)
    Scorchien
  • AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 920
    Is there anything that comes with the expansion (not the patch that was also released) but applies to the base game as well?

Like the new masteries, level cap, expanded stash or so?

Another way to ask: Is there any dis/advantage in gameplay buying only the base game, completing the story, and only then buying the expansion vs. buying both before starting?

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore