I hate loot boxes and so does Francis.

NildenNilden Canada, NBMember RarePosts: 2,313

Boycott these crappy gambling loot boxes. They suck!

NERD RAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon
Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Asm0deusSlapshot1188XodicYashaXBruceYeeSedrynTyrosConstantineMerus

Comments

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Manchester, NHMember RarePosts: 3,737
    I love boogie but hate francis!  But I'm glad he's healthy enough to return to that persona.
    NycteliosAllerleirauh
  • AsheramAsheram Member RarePosts: 2,684
    Its not every game in 2017.

• WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaMember EpicPosts: 13,186
    lmao
     wadda i git !! Digital Bullshit !!!
    Pretty sure his blood pressure is rising near epidemic proportions.Going to bust an artery.

sons a bitches sons a bitches lol.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NycteliosNyctelios Novo Hamburgo - RS - BrazilMember EpicPosts: 2,257
    Just don't support them. There are so many good games out to try. Vote with both your time and your wallet.

I'm playing Darkwood right now and I'm having a blast... Also kinda shitting my pants.
    KyleranConstantineMerus

" Tawnos's blueprints were critical to the creation of my armor. As he once sealed himself in steel, I sealed myself in a walking crypt. "
    —Urza

- Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 3,685
    edited October 12
    Asheram said:
    Its not every game in 2017.
    Almost every triple A title in the past 5 years has microtransactions (which is the category I'm tossing loot crates into) on top of DLC. Of course, the number 1 defense is "you dont have to buy them" and number 2 being (but doesn't always apply) is "They can be earned in game" but who really dictates what a complete game is and at what rate is fair that you're earning things in game? These are things that have no standard and vary from player to player. This division is also why these things will be more common place in games. You're already seeing it now with microtransactions being temporary pretty much when you buy the orcs in Shadow of War since they can permanently die. Deus Ex did a similar tactic, linking microtransactions to a one time use per save, not per game restart. The only way to progress in Battlefront 2 is through loot crates.
    Post edited by Albatroes on
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member UncommonPosts: 156
    I love boogie but hate francis! 
      Yeah Francis is just cringe and unfunny. I dont even bother clicking on them. He should just stick to everything thats not Francis or sjw bs.
  • XodicXodic RealityMember RarePosts: 708
    I remember, many moons ago, when we tried to warn of micro-transactions going full retard if people kept supporting them.  Well, here we are.
    Asm0deusKyleranNycteliosGdemami
  • TillerTiller Member RarePosts: 6,233
    Xodic said:
    I remember, many moons ago, when we tried to warn of micro-transactions going full retard if people kept supporting them.  Well, here we are.
    lol and It won't go away until it is considered a form of gambling. Pretty much someone is going to have to sue over their own stupidity and win. With the way things are becoming now,  I don't see that happening.
    KyleranGdemami

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 15,016
    Support what you like with your time and money. That will get you a lot farther than complaining over the things you don't like other people doing.
    The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Avatar Artist: Howard Blake, Peter Auty (vocalist)
    Album: The Snowman
    Featured Tracks: Walking in the Air
  • LackingMMOLackingMMO Tucson, AZMember UncommonPosts: 206
    Cant remember where I read it, think it might have been gamespot? It comes out to 360 natches to unlock one gun or around $50 worth of crates.. Not willing to find out if that's true or not.
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Ft. Bliss, TXMember EpicPosts: 5,264
    Torval said:
    Support what you like with your time and money. That will get you a lot farther than complaining over the things you don't like other people doing.
    You're not from America are you?
    TorvalYashaX

Rhoklaw said:
    Torval said:
    Nope. I'm from Oregon. :tongue:
    TillerSovrathKyleranRhoklaw
  • NildenNilden Canada, NBMember RarePosts: 2,313
    Torval said:
    Are they releasing a version with out microtransactions that I can support?
    Gdemami

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon
    Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Nilden said:
    Torval said:
    Are they releasing a version with out microtransactions that I can support?
    That's a great question. If so then you should support it. If not then you should find things you like and support that.
  • Loke666Loke666 KalmarMember EpicPosts: 21,002
    While that was about 300% more nerdrage then I feel for the subject I have to agree with Francis, Lootboxes sucks.
    YashaXIselinBruceYee
  • GruntyGrunty TexasMember RarePosts: 8,172
    edited October 12
    Torval said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Torval said:
    When are y'all going to officially combine Oregon and Washington and officially name the nation Ecotopia?
    Post edited by Grunty on
    She was grimacing. "That does sound like what America's has been trying to do for the last century or two--get rich faster than the parasites could steal it."   The Free Lunch by Spider Robinson
  • dave6660dave6660 New York, NYMember UncommonPosts: 2,645
    I was just reading about the loot box debacle in Forza 7.  I'm hoping microtransactions don't gain too much traction (pun intended) in the racing genre.
    Torval

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 1,867
    I don't care about lootboxes so long as the items I want from them are not loot box exclusive. I'm never going to buy a lootbox. I never have in any game. Generally that doesn't hold me back though as most games that have them either toss me an occasional lootbox for free or have other ways I can get the items inside them.
    Grunty said:
    Torval said:
    Rhoklaw said:
    Torval said:
    When are y'all going to officially combine Oregon and Washington and officially name the nation Ecotopia?
    If it were possible Oregon Country would be restored. That's Oregon, Washington, Idaho, and western Montana. It would be great.

The trouble might be with the newly formed California Republic. If they keep trying to bring that nasty national chain beer into our country we might have to erect border portals and erect a wall.

Notice the sign in the background in the opening sequence. :lol: 

dave6660 said:
    I was just reading about the loot box debacle in Forza 7.  I'm hoping microtransactions don't gain too much traction (pun intended) in the racing genre.

Nice pun.
  • wesjrwesjr Gilbert, AZMember UncommonPosts: 441
    It must really suck when you go ANYWHERE because just about every place you go charges for anything "extra" and yes loot boxes are something extra to the game. 
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarreMember EpicPosts: 6,653
    I'm playing two games which have loot boxes, and I simply don't buy any.
    It's not hard... you should try (and that angry neckbeard in the video too).
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 7700k (4.80ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UltraGaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Pioneer VSX-322 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.
    So why is it bad that Shadows of War has microtransactions but it's okay that Minecraft has them? I've not seen any rant threads about microtransactions in Minecraft and it's a much bigger game with more influence.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAMember RarePosts: 3,551
    Torval said:
    So why is it bad that Shadows of War has microtransactions but it's okay that Minecraft has them? I've not seen any rant threads about microtransactions in Minecraft and it's a much bigger game with more influence.
    Which version of Minecraft has that type of microtransaction? Don't the console versions / phone version only support skins? Even though I'm not entirely against lootboxes I think it's a completely different type of microtransaction. 
    Nyctelios
  • XodicXodic RealityMember RarePosts: 708
    edited October 12
    wesjr said:
    It must really suck when you go ANYWHERE because just about every place you go charges for anything "extra" and yes loot boxes are something extra to the game. 

There's something similar to loot boxes, in which you didn't want, costs money after the fact, came from complacency in trusting people, and is damn hard to get rid of after you got it. The only difference for most people is that STDs are free and didn't require a $60 initial cost.
    Post edited by Xodic on
    Kyleran