Middle-Earth: Shadow of War Review - Just Me and My Uruk, Oh and my Spirit Pal Too - The RPG Files -

2»

Comments

• DragnelusDragnelus UtrechtMember RarePosts: 1,874
    Its already on skidrow, guess I will try it and decide to buy it or not.

DO NOT PRAY! If you pray, your hands will close together. You will not be able to fight!​​
  • GrakulenGrakulen Staff Writer St. Charles, MOMMORPG.COM Staff RarePosts: 849

YashaX said:

Thanks for the review. Did you manage to complete the "true" ending?

I have completed act 3 but I have not completed the Shadow Wars. That said on my first Shadow Wars mission I captured a level 42 legendary orc. So for those that say you have to buy loot boxes that's just not true. I plan on completing the Shadow Wars this weekend and I'll post an update on my blog with whether or not the Shadow Wars is impossible without buying boxes. You will however spend a lot of the silver currency you earn (Mira, mithra?) upgrading your strongholds.

Bottom line you don't need to spend a penny more than the MSRP to clear through act 3 easily. Act 4 it doesn't feel like it yet.
    laseritYashaXConstantineMerusTorvalOctagon7711
  • DragnelusDragnelus UtrechtMember RarePosts: 1,874

DO NOT PRAY! If you pray, your hands will close together. You will not be able to fight!​​
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus LondonMember RarePosts: 1,113
    Cazriel said:

Grunty said:

Sovrath said:

Wizardry said:

Where would i rate it...hmmm well i don't feel that it looks good enough to warrant a purchase,it looks ok but again similar to dnd online,i played a bit but got bored soon after.I'd give it a 6/10.

How can you actually rate something without playing it?

Only gamers do this. I have never heard once in my life anyone renders an opinion regarding a music they haven't heard or movie they haven't seen. 

You've never hung out with car people.  

Or movie people. If you've never seen/heard an opinion about a movie by someone who hasn't seen it, then your friends/acquaintances are kind indeed. In any event, opinions are just like that, forming in a void of uncertainty and prejudice just waiting for the right moment to spring fully formed into the world.
    Well I hang out with lots of movie people. As I stated before opinion ends with stuff like nah that sucks I won't watch it is just horrible. 

No one goes into details then verdicts a 6/10 for a movie they have never seen. 
    I am a piece of carbon with a soul, wondering where I got it from. 
    - Drunken Mozart in the Desert
  • advokat666advokat666 MuenchenMember UncommonPosts: 70
    It´s a fun game, i like the story and the gameplay. I am having some problems though with kb and mouse , sometimes talion does not attack,he stands there twitching but no action goes off. Hopefully that will be patched.

The only real issue i have, and as a die hard tolkien fan it is a big one. From a lore pespective they commited so many sins, it is unbelievable. She-Lob a sexy chick ? Honestly ? That is just plain stupid. A black dude fighting in the army of gondor to defend Minas Ithil ? Who is he ? A brain washed Haradrim ? And a Dunedain who is working together with Orks and Trolls ? And that are just a few. Tolkien would rotate in his grave....
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILMember EpicPosts: 5,734

Grakulen said:

YashaX said:

Thanks for the review. Did you manage to complete the "true" ending?

I have completed act 3 but I have not completed the Shadow Wars. That said on my first Shadow Wars mission I captured a level 42 legendary orc. So for those that say you have to buy loot boxes that's just not true. I plan on completing the Shadow Wars this weekend and I'll post an update on my blog with whether or not the Shadow Wars is impossible without buying boxes. You will however spend a lot of the silver currency you earn (Mira, mithra?) upgrading your strongholds.

Bottom line you don't need to spend a penny more than the MSRP to clear through act 3 easily. Act 4 it doesn't feel like it yet.

I came across an article about how to play the game optimally without buying any loot boxes. So you can definitely play the game effectively without buying those things. I'll post it if I come across it again.
    Torval

"Change is the only constant."

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 14,443
    Has anyone got into Shadow War aspect yet? What's it like? Is it the better or worse than the rest of the game? There seems to be a bunch of hype around it because of the microtransactions but not much else.
    Notice: The artist or album content may be offensive or controversial.
    Album: Plastic Fantastic
    Featured Tracks: Decline and Fall, Time & Space, I Go Crazy (bonus track on digital release)