Any decent grinder mmorpgs left out there?

SiveriaSiveria Saint John, New BrunswickMember UncommonPosts: 1,286
Any decent grinder mmo's out there? I am currently playing priston tale again, but its kinda deserted, no low levels, I've lved a char from 1-60 since I started, and I think I seen someone my level in a field once. Would prefer if the game has it like priston tale where you can solo, but also can party, which ends up having 6-8 people killing stuff for more overall exp. I don't mind light questing, if its mostly for gear. For example Luna Online Reborn is kinda terrible because normal monsters give bascally no exp. My char is like level 12 and gets 0.2 per kill or so. I'd also like a slightly randomized item system like priston tale/diablo 3 if its possible. Graphics don't matter to me as long as: it has active players across all levels that are willing to party up, and isin't too cash shop heavy, I don't mind spending a bit though.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Comments

• LogumLogum Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Is there still Raiderz? I remember that it was one of the best pve mmorpg.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Edmonds, WAMember RarePosts: 3,463
    If you don't expect to PvP effectively for a while Lineage 2 still has an extremely long grind, with players throughout most levels (although it is heavily weighted towards 85+ now because of how easy it is to get 80+. There is a decent party finder that you can specify what you are looking for in a group and whisper the leaders to ask questions prior to joining. 

The first 50 or so levels are done really quick through simple quests, but then after that it's almost 100% grind. It doesn't take all that long, and through quests and selling materials you can buy items off players pretty easy in the trading towns. It's point and click though so you might not like that type of control scheme. But honestly it's free and it's pretty populated on the few servers they have left (I would reccomend Chronos though since it has the most consistent player count of 2.5k + online). 

The PvP is really great too and castle sieges are a blast as well as owning castles as a clan / alliance, but the cash shop does make enhancing gear really easy whereas you will have a relatively rough time doing it without the cash shop but it is possible. 
    Octagon7711
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAMember LegendaryPosts: 22,883
    What about Black Desert?

It's a grind game, the gear is not like diablo though, you basically have to enchant gear upwards with a chance to fail. Pretty active player base.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Panama City, FLMember RarePosts: 1,433
    Tree of Savior is a great grinding game, think Ragnarok Online with some minor differences. 

BDO is great for grinding as well, but I would only suggest t if you like life skills/economy sim aspects as well.

Tree of Savior on the other hand has some of the more typical mmo PvE content like dungeons, etc that BDO doesn't.

Both good grinders, just depends what else you might like to do.
  • iixviiiixiixviiiix GSMember UncommonPosts: 1,403
    Lineage2
  • Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard La BarreMember EpicPosts: 6,545
    Otherwise, even though not really a MMORPG, Diablo III is still great for those who need to satisfy that grinding itch :)

Otherwise, yeah, BDO, even though there are several ways to play that game.
    ConstantineMerus
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 7700k (4.80ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UltraGaming - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 4K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Pioneer VSX-322 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.
  • NycteliosNyctelios Novo Hamburgo - RS - BrazilMember EpicPosts: 2,248
    BDO, Tree of Savior, Ragnarok Online (recently open a fresh start official server).

" Tawnos's blueprints were critical to the creation of my armor. As he once sealed himself in steel, I sealed myself in a walking crypt. "
    —Urza

- Steam ID Discord ID: Night # 6102
  • drachennwolfdrachennwolf Waterloo, WIMember UncommonPosts: 22
    Black Desert Online. Spend a few dollars, buy some pets and a costume. It's a huge grind but a good grind, the graphics are great, and the PvP is pretty fun.
  • anemoanemo Member UncommonPosts: 1,197
    If you're looking for a grinder that has grind that grants you ingame advantages over your fellow human players, Albion Online is great.   Though being so focused on PvPer rather than having good random gear, it instead has utterly predictable power curve increases for both gear and leveling.

WurmOnline is ok if you like crafting, building, and the sort.

Runescape has always been my favorite grinder.   In My Opinion it has the best rewards in the form of it's quests that take themselves serious at the right times, and in other cases have that British-Monty-Python-Like humor which works in the world. 

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• KajidourdenKajidourden Panama City, FLMember RarePosts: 1,433
    I should clarify, BDO is a grind once you get to the "soft" level cap.  The leveling quests give you gear so stupid OP you will one-two shot everything.
  • LerxstLerxst Phx, AZMember UncommonPosts: 624
    I'm going to say this game for every reply these days: Uncharted Waters online https://uwo.papayaplay.com/uwo/

It's being releaunched this coming week so everyone will start at the same levels and it's a game that has some massive, but fun grinds... fun, if you like sailing the high seas to trade goods between real-world ports, at least.
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Somewhere in TimeMember EpicPosts: 2,546
    Logum said:
    Is there still Raiderz? I remember that it was one of the best pve mmorpg.
    Shut down 2 years ago.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member UncommonPosts: 206
    Lerxst said:
    I'm going to say this game for every reply these days: Uncharted Waters online https://uwo.papayaplay.com/uwo/

It's being releaunched this coming week so everyone will start at the same levels and it's a game that has some massive, but fun grinds... fun, if you like sailing the high seas to trade goods between real-world ports, at least.
    But legacy players will start with additional assets based on their previous play time, so that same starting position for all will be one of great disparity before long.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member EpicPosts: 3,436
    I heard Secret World Legends is pretty grindy but dunno about the cash shop.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAMember RarePosts: 27,280
    There are plenty of grindy games if you look pass the "MMO" label (or use the "broadened" version).

Warframe is a fun, grindy game. 
  • vladwwvladww La provenceMember UncommonPosts: 417
    Lerxst said:

Best news i've read here for years
    Cheers

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online