People love to farm

2»

Comments

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn belleville, ILMember RarePosts: 3,036
    I have a Minecraft server with Pam's harvest craft mod. my friend gets annoyed with me because he wants to go kill and explore while I'm content to farm and work on my base.  Lol

Concentrate on enjoying yourself, and not on why I shouldn't enjoy myself.

• laxielaxie UK - Leamington SpaMember RarePosts: 800
    kitarad said:
    I got my 72-year-old mom hooked on Stardew Valley.  I guess farming appeals to all ages.
    That is fantastic I love it when older people play games. My mum in law lives alone and has no hobbies so she's got too much time to think.
    While UO was in production, there was a lady who was in her eighties who was interested.
    She had a guild and her own website and all.
    But she unfortunately passed away before the game was released.
    I think she was in alpha and maybe beta, but I'm not sure.

Two sparklies of gold for anyone who can remember her name.
    My grandmother used to play Pangya - an online golf game. She was 78 back then. Even though it requires a fair bit of agility, she somehow learned how to time her shots right. She had her own guild and a way better character than me and my sister.

She had a cute girly character with all the top tier clothes. I remember this one time, a person she was playing against her was swooning "You are awesome. How old are you? I'm 13." My grandmother replied "14." Didn't want to break the young man's heart. :grin:
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade KingsmouthMember EpicPosts: 4,223
    Albatroes said:
    DMKano said:
    Albatroes said:
    More people would be sticking around archeage if this was true.

My guild in AA has dedicated farmers - they've been farming crops and animals since alpha - so it's been more than 3 years now.

I don't have the patience for it (the whole placing seeds in an optimal pattern) - I just can't stomach it.

If there was an automated-in-game way to place seeds in a pre-defined pattern - I'd be all over that.
    Yeah, my comment was just more towards the OP thinking people really just care for Harvest Moon Online or something and honestly Archeage is the closet thing on the market to it. You dont have to engage in combat at all after like 30(I think it was) and you can still level up by just being a farmer pretty much. What's even better about patron is that it counts on both sides NA and EU which have separate labor pulls, so when you run out on your NA account, you can just do stuff on your EU one and hope back etc. Plenty of stuff to do in AA aside from fighting. Now if you want to be competitive combat wise in pvp, that's a whole other story.
    ArcheAge isn't a good comparison to those games. It has open world PvP. Which is anathema to most players who just want to farm in peace. Kano's guildies are likely people who also enjoy at least a bit of PvP in addition to their farming.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

Feel free to send me a message if you want a guest pass to try Black Desert Online as well!

• cheyanecheyane EarthMember EpicPosts: 4,789
    edited October 10
    For me crafting is one of the things I could really get into and yes even to the exclusion of all else. I got carpel tunnel from having 6-8 crafters in Vanguard. Vanguard crafting was not easy either.

You mean you can really just farm in Archeage really I thought they would PvP you to death if you did or come and pseudo PK you by destroying your crops when you weren't about for them to wreck their vengeance.

I am playing Everquest now on Project 1999 and I so want to take up crafting but in that game that is a huge money pit so as usual in my MMORPG career I am a pauper so I just hunt. I am currently reading a book while medding up (yes you all know how long it takes right) and Melissa McPhail is pretty good.
    Post edited by cheyane on
  • dave6660dave6660 New York, NYMember UncommonPosts: 2,632
    Black Desert has a decent system if you like to garden.  From my understanding it can very profitable too but I does require a lot of micromanagement.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville