Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plains of Eidolon Arriving Next Week, Celebrates with Accolades Trailer - Warframe Videos - MMORPG.c

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited October 2017 in Videos Discussion

imagePlains of Eidolon Arriving Next Week, Celebrates with Accolades Trailer - Warframe Videos - MMORPG.com

Digital Extremes has announced that the highly anticipated Warframe update, "Plains of Eidolon, will be launching next week. It is a new open exploration zone and to celebrate the big news, a new "accolades" trailer has been released that sports some pretty nifty combat too.

Read the full story here

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    YESSSS. Obviously trying to beat D2 to the punch. Nothing will stop that juggernaut, but I'm thinking Warframe will do just fine.
    MrMelGibson

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• MazingerZMazingerZ Member UncommonPosts: 52
    How's D2 holding up? I like Warframe for the Frame variety, but can never enjoy the endgame, since it's just numbers numbers numbers.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited October 2017
    I don't mind D2 or Warframe but neither nor OW can seem to get fps pvp done well enough.I like strategic not spam,i like the human element to be brought in full and spam does not do that.I really need to see slower movement without everyone flying around.

Maps!! There is a science to creating really good strategic fps pvp.Simply adding a map and flagging players does not cut it with me.it is also near impossible to make a great map if you can just fly around or jump around at will as nobody is earning their ground.

I saw the turnaround about 7-8 years ago,someone asked me why i was playing the way i was and i responded.."what not dying?"The person was like all mad so i was like i play strategic,i don't just stand out in the open and trade fire,that is dumb to me.So the player said to me "strategic is dumb,that type of gaming is long gone,nobody plays like that anymore".I responded ...I DO and won't ever change from playing smart to playing dumb.

Seems every game now is for ADD,super spammy,super fast.
    Open world concept is nice for exploration gaming not for pvp,that is where solid arena maps win out.So then one has to wonder why are people playing these for pvp or exploration,not so sure these are that good in the exploration area.
    Xoph

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• klash2defklash2def Member EpicPosts: 1,949
    YES!! OMG YES!! HYYYPPPPEEEEEEE

D2 is doing fine btw the games are totally different animals. The only thing in common is the space theme and even then not really.
    "Beliefs don't change facts. Facts, if you're reasonable, should change your beliefs."

"The Society that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting by fools."

Currently: Games Audio Engineer, you didn't hear what I heard, you heard what I wanted you to hear. 

• winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    edited October 2017

YESSSS. Obviously trying to beat D2 to the punch. Nothing will stop that juggernaut, but I'm thinking Warframe will do just fine.

D2 got boring for me real quick. This game has a lot more variety and thinking to it than Destiny, that which gave me the impression of a simple shooter with big explosions and calling it quits. The only incentive I got from that game was doing boring chores to get a big gun to do more boring stuff with thinking there's another gun I'd want. Story was a big let down too with repeated slopes for villains like "You and I are not so different" literally says that and the iconic Destiny storylines "Until it didn't." to describe events. We thought this never could happen, /until it did/. Just watch the intro again it's laughable.

Oh, that speaker for the Light? I hope you were as disappointed me with what they've done with him. Main villain is a rat on steroids with bulky white lego armor. Maybe I'm just inflated with disappointment but 60$ went into this unsurprising discovery for me. To those that dig this game I certainly am glad but to me they should've added a lot more. More interactions with players, bigger worlds, seamless experiences instead of scripted events to the next for a pretty pew pew.

Edit PS: My friend who is literally one-handed said the singleplayer campaign was too easy. I mean come on. You can't make this stuff up - try it yourself if you don't believe my crap. I swear! There's no difficulty slider either. You are more likely than not to at one point consider just walking through hailstorms of bullets and do a dance emote.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Plains of Eidolon will take an already great game and make it even better. I can skip Destiny for a few years until it catches up in content and drops in price.

• spidiispidii Member UncommonPosts: 143
    Very nice, Destiny has become incredibly boring incredibly quickly. This will be a nice change of pace!