Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many games do you maintain?

2»

Comments

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    No game has mandatory daily logins. Many reward those that opt to login daily.
    I definitely agree with that, and why? Because they are games, just games.
    Still, it's made to encourage addiction, to make OCD people log in even if they don't really have fun doing so. I'm not saying all people doing it are like that, but I know quite a few who are.
    I wouldn't make such a claim without substantive evidence, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it was revealed to be so.

I think it at least as likely that some people have extraordinary difficulty with some elements of modern games that are generally less of an issue to most.

For example, though I have no trouble controlling how much I spend on luck bases purchases someone with a gambling addiction could easily have trouble doing so.

Must a game company take issues that do not affect the majority into account when they make marketing and game related decisions?

I don't think so. I feel it is the responsibility of the individual to know which of their personal characteristics can cause issue for them when playing games, and to safeguard against accordingly.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    I have three games installed: Albion Online, Elder Scrolls Online, and Guild Wars 2. No SP, no MOBAs, nothing other than those three MMOs.

When I'm in a PvP mood, I play AO. When I'm in a PvE mood, I play ESO. I keep GW2 for when I feel like playing something different, which isn't often.

wow .. only THREE games? 

You must be one of those "i love this tree, and forget the whole forest" kind of guy. Personally, i have a ton of Steam & Origin games in my library and i will play whatever i fancy at the moment.

For me, there is no point playing a small number of games when there are so much entertainment out there. 
    No, I'm one of those..."I have a life and don't want to spend all of it playing games."

• NephethNepheth Member RarePosts: 473
    Right now I got 4 games installed that I play regularly.

1. Guild Wars 2
    2. Warhammer Online(RoR)
    3. Dota 2
    4. Overwatch
    d_20
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Torval said:

I don't maintain any like a job. It's more like a hobby where you tinker with trains or something. 

Exactly this.
    [Deleted User]

• VideoJockeyVideoJockey Member UncommonPosts: 223
    1 MMO at a time, and I tinker with a few other games when I feel like it. Uncharted 4 and Titanfall 2 multiplayer when I just wanna play a few rounds. I have a lot of games installed on Steam but most I play for a week or two and then move on. 
  • WalkinGlennWalkinGlenn Member RarePosts: 451
    Wow and Eve. Eve is just active atm to continue training my dewds
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    I do minions on Rift and play ESO right now. Did happen to go into lotro tonight and spin the wheel, hadnt logged in in over 4 months...
  • MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Only EQ2. I have accounts for alot of them but that's the only one I bother to access regularly. And I play mostly for the housing. I find I play more when I'm stressed. 
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Normally I maintain something around one and a half.

Maintaining a Sub on Screeps.   And testing out Albion, though thinking of dropping it (so so sand box, great as a grind game though).

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Its 5 years since I had a game installed for more than a month after I first started playing the game. For better or worse maintaining something doesn't exist in my current gaming.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.