Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PUBG Blows by DOTA 2's Concurrent User Record - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited September 2017 in News & Features Discussion

imagePUBG Blows by DOTA 2's Concurrent User Record - PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds - MMORPG.com

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds News - DOTA 2 has long held the Steam record for the most players taking part in the game at the same time. At least it did through last Saturday when the juggernaut called PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds blew by the old record by nearly 50,000 players. 1,342,857 players were online at the same time, easily outpacing DOTA 2's 1,295,114. The big announcement was made on the game's official Twitter account on Saturday.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Well it can certainly be said that this game isn't UNKNOWN......;p
    SpottyGekkoSBFordonelesslight

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    DMKano said:
    LoL beats both by 6 mil as their concurrent max was at 7.3mil

Still Kudos to PUB
    As mentioned in the article. ;)
    Hatefull

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    These games are really popular. I watched my son play but was not tempted.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    kitarad said:
    You have to first consume the required amount of Red Bull and Cheeto's ! :wink:
    [Deleted User]SBFordKyleran
    DMKano said:
    kitarad said:

Yeah lol.

Maybe its just me, but both Red Bull and Cheetos taste awful, cant imagine combining those 2 /yuck
    Just dilute the Red Bull with vodka...

You'll get pwned ingame, but you won't care ! :D
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Awesome news! This really is an incredibly fun and addictive game. A must try for anyone who enjoys FPS games.
    bcbully

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    DMKano said:
    kitarad said:

Yeah lol.

Maybe its just me, but both Red Bull and Cheetos taste awful, cant imagine combining those 2 /yuck
    It's gross I'm sitting at work right now with both next to me, and the combination is awful. It's like orange juice and toothpaste.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    DL'n now.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    bcbully said:
    DL'n now.
    It's a great game if you like the type of game. They have added quite a bit since it launched and the locked FPS mode is amazingly fun.
    Torval said:
    It has totally crushed both Dota2 and CSGO for player hours as well. It's unsurprising though because people I know that play a lot of the pvp games in the top 10 also play PUBG. It cannibalizes from those games to a degree in my opinion.
    The big question is: "New kid on the block, or will it remain this popular ?"
  • raducdmraducdm Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I played cs go 1k hours into it,but i don't even find the game remotely fun,well i don't find cs go fun anymore,maybe fps is not my thing anymore and prefer a game with a good story and a more diverse customization
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Good now if only they could update the game to be a bit less glitchy when loading stuff into ram / vram for your first game you can walk through houses until you try your next game.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    What's the goal here?  Just a death match style competition?

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    DMKano said:
    SBFord said:
    DMKano said:
    LoL beats both by 6 mil as their concurrent max was at 7.3mil

Still Kudos to PUB
    As mentioned in the article. ;)

I only read headings and the first paragraph. I stop right at "click here for full story", like no thanks, I got all the info I need right here :)

Apparently you don't....
    Kyleran[Deleted User]

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

To be the last man standing. It can be an intense experience since you only get 1 life.
    MadFrenchie[Deleted User]
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Mykell said:

To be the last man standing. It can be an intense experience since you only get 1 life.
    So...King of the hill?

(Or maybe Hunger Games? ) :)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    I wish I didn't suck at FPS games. My son plays all the time, and it looks amazing.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    While the game was fun initially putting up with all the cheaters gets old.  While they did ban a bunch of them, there are still tons still cheating.  Even the kids won't play it anymore for this very reason.
    Kyleran
  • aeunexcoreaeunexcore Member UncommonPosts: 45
    edited September 2017
    The rise of the degenerates. ;)
  • EothasEothas Member UncommonPosts: 84
    It's interesting to me that it's often #1 on Twitch, surpassing League of Legends. something I didn't expect any game would be capable of. League of Legends has more views only when an eSport event is happening.
    [Deleted User]
    Ozmodan said:
    While the game was fun initially putting up with all the cheaters gets old.  While they did ban a bunch of them, there are still tons still cheating.  Even the kids won't play it anymore for this very reason.
    That's what has contributed to me not even trying a MOBA or shooter, stories of widespread and rampant cheating which I find almost incomprehensible. 

Not only about the cheaters, but why do other players continue to play at all if cheating is so prevalent?

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EothasEothas Member UncommonPosts: 84
    edited September 2017
    Kyleran said:
    That's what has contributed to me not even trying a MOBA or shooter, stories of widespread and rampant cheating which I find almost incomprehensible. 

Not only about the cheaters, but why do other players continue to play at all if cheating is so prevalent?
    I don't know about shooters, but I rarely see cheaters in Dota or LoL. there is scripters here and there but it's not prevalent. Besides, Riot (League of Legends) already won lawsuits against script creators which should make them back down and be a bit scared of advertising their scripts too much.
    Kyleran
    Eothas said:
    Kyleran said:

I don't know about shooters, but I rarely see cheaters in Dota or LoL. there is scripters here and there but it's not prevalent. Besides, Riot (League of Legends) already won lawsuits against script creators which should make them back down and be a bit scared of advertising their scripts too much.
    I'm probably projecting what I've read here too far and wide.  My son plays Overwatch and LOL and while he did mention seeing a few hackers in Overwatch when I asked him, he never said it was a major issue in either game.