Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GTA Online - Zero interest?

Why is there no interest for this game on here?  Because sessions are limited to 30 players?  Is it awful?  Do you just drive around and beat the shit out of pedestrians?  Is the population dead?

Comments

• SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Used to play it alot on PC when it released, but the cheaters ruined it.
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Is it a very competitive type MMO?  Nothing worse than one of those that can't stop cheaters.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Is it a very competitive type MMO?  Nothing worse than one of those that can't stop cheaters.
    Do you own GTA V?
  • refo18refo18 Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Its "impossible" to actually play with friends.... you cant create a party, and even when youve spent 20mins getting in the same game as your buddy... once its done ull be in 2 separate games again and have to go through the whole hassle again.      That being said, when in a game lobby with a buddy sometimes ull be in opposite teams too.  its a fucking joke of an online game

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Don't own GTA V, no.  Man, this doesn't sound promising.
    If you dont mind playing pretty bad characters in a video game the single player game is worth the purchase.
    And if being the bad guy isn't your thing try Watchdogs if you haven't already as its pretty similar on the single player but you can lean towards good or bad.
    [Deleted User]
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Put me down for cheaters ruined it.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• KellerKeller Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Got GTA Online a month ago. It had its moments.

- You cannot join as group a race. One has to be lucky to be the host, close matchmaking and invite friend and or Crew members.
    - Terrible balance, new players don't stand a chance to defend themselves. Players come at you with tanks, armored cars, explosive snipers, rpgs, helicopters and planes. Custom cars give players an advantage during races where new players don't have those cars. I know, custom cars can be disabled, but for some reason the host always likes his advantage.
    - Making money needs money to get you started.
    - Making money is a grind, especially solo.
    - Terrible anti-hack, apparently the latest hack trick is to flag other players as hackers. Instead of giving players modded money to flag them.
    - Terribe customer support.
    - For a game with Auto in its title there sure are a lot of flying vehicles in game. You hardly see anyone travel from A to B in a car. Steal a car? Why drive it back? We use a Cargobob helicopter to airlift it to the warehouse.
    - Did I mention modders?

I did like the time I spend with my crew members. Races are fun, driving and owning the cars you like can be very rewarding. Too bad most cars you would like, won't perform great in races, because each class has its top 1 or top 2 cars you must drive to make a chance to win. Sure people will say, a good driver in a bad car can beat a bad driver in a good car, but in races with 10+ there's always someone with skills equal to yours in the best car. It's a fun game to play when you manage to stay away from modders and play it casually with no big car purchases.
    defector1968
  • defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Keller i really want to ask you something that none bother to answer in at least 5 facebook groups. the driving in game is exactly same as gta 4 ? Older versions of gta had at least camera follow, while in 4 there isnt, so need to have my right hand always in mouse and drive with left, which i suck big time.

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN